Forums

General Forum Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 14-15-770-65953105

Singularity
Aug Member 2023

Singularity

Posts: 97,500 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I don't make a fuss about Halloween. I like seeing the stuff around shops but I don't celebrate it myself. I don't see a point. This time of year is generally my favourite because of all the events that surround it (Halloween, Birthdays, Bonfire Night, Diwali, Christmas and then New Year). Plus, it's darker earlier as Winter draws near. All strong points. The only thing I hate is the cold. .

29-Sep-2017 11:23:00

Dong U Dead

Dong U Dead

Posts: 29,016 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Miu said :
Dong U Dead said :
Miu said :
Twillow said :
refreshes are a typical occurrence.

Fmods taking action in response to a request that Gen Chat lounge forumers put forth is not pointless moderation.

So is there a system in place for deciding on these refreshes or is it just a "when we feel like it" basis?

I think it's just when 'we' feel like it - it happens across all forums, nothing to get upset by :)

Well, HLF has a thread with twice as many pages as the one unstickied here, and they don't seem to have any issue with it. So I'm curious as to the rationale (if it exists) or if it's just pointless forum shuffling at a whim.

I suppose two different rules between HFL and the General Forums? I can't answer this, I have been coming here for years, well since about 2011 socially and by what I have seen within the General forums is threads get a refresher. I like it, I think it's nice - I don't feel it's a big deal.

And Halloween I have been trick and treating with all three of my children, but not until the age they asked to go.
If fat means flavour then I'm ******* delicious!

29-Sep-2017 13:03:38

Singularity
Aug Member 2023

Singularity

Posts: 97,500 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Post said :
Can you send any unwanted coldness over to Australia please lol? I'm a bit over the 40*C days.

Oh god that's hell if no AC. I can't even bare 25C+ because of how hot my room gets.

It's currently not cold here as it's Autumn. It's still pretty warm if anything - some days feel like Summer.

29-Sep-2017 14:35:17

Tranq
Nov
fmod Member

Tranq

Forum Moderator Posts: 61,832 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dong U Dead said :
Miu said :
Dong U Dead said :
Miu said :
Twillow said :
refreshes are a typical occurrence.

Fmods taking action in response to a request that Gen Chat lounge forumers put forth is not pointless moderation.

So is there a system in place for deciding on these refreshes or is it just a "when we feel like it" basis?

I think it's just when 'we' feel like it - it happens across all forums, nothing to get upset by :)

Well, HLF has a thread with twice as many pages as the one unstickied here, and they don't seem to have any issue with it. So I'm curious as to the rationale (if it exists) or if it's just pointless forum shuffling at a whim.

I suppose two different rules between HFL and the General Forums? I can't answer this, I have been coming here for years, well since about 2011 socially and by what I have seen within the General forums is threads get a refresher. I like it, I think it's nice - I don't feel it's a big deal.

And Halloween I have been trick and treating with all three of my children, but not until the age they asked to go.

There were a couple reasons for refreshes. The basic one is the cache loading time of larger threads. It's why they get refreshed. Another reason is a logistical one for moderation of which I can't expound on. There are others as well. However it was posed in a new thread by a user as to why not. So it was posed to the team as to whether we should refresh it. As such the team agreed so it was recreated. It should have been refreshed ages ago really.
When the day becomes the night and the sky becomes the sea, when the clock strikes heavy and there’s no time for tea; and in our darkest hour, before my final rhyme, she will come back home to Wonderland and turn back the hands of time.

29-Sep-2017 14:52:13

Quick find code: 14-15-770-65953105 Back to Top