Forums

General Forum Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 14-15-770-65953105

Aslon Dak

Aslon Dak

Posts: 10,616 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Scouse said :
Aslon Dak said :
Late tonight, I got 99 Ranged and 99 Magic.

Now all but four of my F2P skills are at level 99 or better.

Attack
Constitution
Defence
Strength

I was not expecting that. O_o

My Combat Level increased to 126. However, my Skills tab still incorrectly lists my CL as 125.

Gratz my tough strong scary brave mate <3

Much love

Scouse - 99 range :P

Thank you kindly, Scouse. Much appreciated, mate. :)

20 Dungeoneering levels to go. Ugh. Bal'Lak is the most annoying boss I have ever encountered. Next time, I should be able to defeat him faster. I just have to remember to close all but my Backpack tab, so that he cannot attack me with my own interfaces. O_o
Aslon Dak: Still 'Scaping after 19 years!
You can buy XP. You can't buy experience.
Save the RSOF! 278-279-95-66293045

18-Sep-2023 00:57:23

Applejuiceaj
Nov
fmod Member

Applejuiceaj

Forum Moderator Posts: 45,000 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Aslon Dak said :
20 Dungeoneering levels to go. Ugh. Bal'Lak is the most annoying boss I have ever encountered. Next time, I should be able to defeat him faster. I just have to remember to close all but my Backpack tab, so that he cannot attack me with my own interfaces. O_o

I don't remember Bal'Lak being too tricky, though its been a long time since I've attempted to defeat him in F2P with F2P gear.

Just keep an eye out for the pools on the floor, they're the trick to the fight.

18-Sep-2023 04:04:45

Tranq
Nov Member 2007

Tranq

Posts: 61,832 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
If were talking the most hated dungeoneering bosses. I cast my vote for blink. I can't stand that dude.
When the day becomes the night and the sky becomes the sea, when the clock strikes heavy and there’s no time for tea; and in our darkest hour, before my final rhyme, she will come back home to Wonderland and turn back the hands of time.

18-Sep-2023 16:02:58

nomolaS
Mar Member 2024

nomolaS

Posts: 21,327 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Tranq said :
If were talking the most hated dungeoneering bosses. I cast my vote for blink. I can't stand that dude.

Blink is defintely the most annoying one. The 2nd most annoying one is Stomp, IMO.
Never drop a valuable item.

Ikki blaka niður virðismikil ting.

19-Sep-2023 14:45:51

Megycal
Sep Member 2005

Megycal

Posts: 18,168 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Tranq said :

Blink is the worst. I got the Blink pet and I used to make it walk through fires and follow me round agility courses to pay him back for all the torture he put me through on my way to 200 mill Dungeoneering xp. ^_^

19-Sep-2023 17:42:49

Aslon Dak

Aslon Dak

Applejuiceaj said :
Aslon Dak said :

I don't remember Bal'Lak being too tricky, though its been a long time since I've attempted to defeat him in F2P with F2P gear.

Just keep an eye out for the pools on the floor, they're the trick to the fight.

I have argonite platebody, platelegs, main and off-hand longswords as my bound items. The rest of my gear (helm, gauntlets, and boots) was zephyrium.

I knew about the pools. I was not expecting Bal'Lak's more effective trick.

I summarized the fight in my G&A thread:

The boss room was in the northeast corner. Here I finally encountered Bal'Lak the Pummeller. I waited until he was close to the door, then I ran in and attacked quickly with melee. This was the most annoying boss fight EVER! He drained a quarter of my Prayer points, but this wasn't the problem, since I didn't use prayers. This boss fight is either bugged, or Bal'Lak is dangerously cunning. My Magic and Ranged tabs kept opening for no good reason, which forced me to keep scrolling back several tabs to reach my backpack to eat food - so I had to fight both Bal'Lak and my interface at the same time! This battle was more difficult than it should have been. Even so, I managed to defeat this level 91 foe. He dropped a bathus warhammer and an off-hand argonite warhammer. I also found part 17 of the Mysterious Chronicle. I brought a short-finned eel, 21 giant flatfish, and 4 dusk eels with me. I ate 5 giant flatfish during the fight. These heal 1,000 life points each. I ended the fight with just over 4,000 life points.

Bug or tactic, Bal'Lak will not fare so well next time.

22-Sep-2023 18:22:57

Aslon Dak

Aslon Dak

nomolaS said :
Tranq said :

Blink is defintely the most annoying one. The 2nd most annoying one is Stomp, IMO.

Until my long-anticipated battle with Bal'Lak, I would have voted for Stomp. Finding and installing those blasted crystals can be a pain.

Still, I can say two positive things about the Stomp fight:

- Unlike the others, this boss fight can be exited at any time, in case you need to heal up if things don't go well. Stomp heals a lot slower than we do, so hit-and-run attacks are viable.

- Stomp has never used my tabs against me.

22-Sep-2023 18:36:22

Aslon Dak

Aslon Dak

Megycal said :
Tranq said :

Blink is the worst. I got the Blink pet and I used to make it walk through fires and follow me round agility courses to pay him back for all the torture he put me through on my way to 200 mill Dungeoneering xp. ^_^

I wonder if cooked Blink tastes like chicken. :P

22-Sep-2023 18:40:05

Quick find code: 14-15-770-65953105 Back to Top