Forums

General Forum Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 14-15-770-65953105

Studette50
Jan Member 2012

Studette50

Posts: 10 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Yes I go until it falls over and I don't get any xps like I did before so thought maybe I pressed something to make it stop working. Someone said there was a limit you can reach but even trying the next day it was the same as before so not sure what is going on.

10-Aug-2022 17:50:30

Trewavas
Jun Member 2014

Trewavas

Posts: 28,499 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Studette50 said :
Yes I go until it falls over and I don't get any xps like I did before so thought maybe I pressed something to make it stop working. Someone said there was a limit you can reach but even trying the next day it was the same as before so not sure what is going on.

It sounds like you're not alone. I have heard of others noting that this is an issue for them as well.

It could be a bug, so I'd report it, just in case. AFAIK, there's no way to actually turn the XP off.

11-Aug-2022 18:32:45

Aslon Dak

Aslon Dak

Posts: 10,616 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ashreyah said :
I really am! I didn't realise this was going to be such a sandbox type of game. I'm used to others, like WoW where you have a line of quests to follow etc. The skills and crafting in this game really feel like I'm actually doing something. So much to do I'm not entirely sure I've started off correctly! But not to worry, I will learn!

Welcome Ashreyah! :) Cool name, by the way.

I almost started playing WoW back in the early 2000s. I was looking for an online D&D-style game. I looked at WoW, but there seemed to be a lot to buy up front, and I didn't care to invest so much in a game I might not even like. Then I found RS. That was almost 18 years ago.

One of this game's biggest strengths has always been its diversity of gameplay. You can choose what you wish to do, and devote as much time to each aspect as you wish. It is up to you how you wish to train your character. Feel free to explore and to learn at your own pace.

Occasionally, you will discover game content that is unlocked after finishing a certain quest. For example, completing the Knight's Sword quest gives you the ability to smith blurite items. In many cases, all you need to access new content is a high enough skill level. There are always new goals to strive for in RS, and getting there is part of the fun.

A few random tips:

- Make an ore box to hold your ores while mining, and upgrade it when you can. Having one in your backpack will let you mine more ores before you will need to deposit them.

- Training dummies are a safe way of increasing your combat skills.

- Archaeology is a fun skill which will give you some powerful boosts in the form of relics.

- Even low-level items can sell well on the Grand Exchange.

- If you get stuck on a quest, or want more information about a specific item, area, monster, or other game content, you can access the RS Wiki in-game or here on the forums.

Happy 'Scaping! :)

AD
Aslon Dak: Still 'Scaping after 19 years!
You can buy XP. You can't buy experience.
Save the RSOF! 278-279-95-66293045

12-Aug-2022 05:33:45

Aslon Dak

Aslon Dak

Trewavas said :
Aslon, you need to put a penguin disguise on and hide on certain days. I find it works wonders!

How do you avoid being spotted by the penguin hunters? ;) :P

I'm not one for hiding. Never really been good at that.

However, with my eye surgery coming up on Monday (time TBA), my vision will be severely limited immediately after the surgery, while the swelling goes down. During this time, I am expecting to be unable to post at all, or to play RS. Hopefully, I won't be out of action for long.

After my vision comes back stronger than it is now, there is a RuneScape-related project I really want to focus on that will take enough time that I won't be posting much elsewhere, including here. I will post to my G&A thread as necessary. I also plan to post a new song to RuneScapian Rhapsody now and then. :)

As for the rest, I don't plan on being around that much. That's if all goes well.

If it doesn't, thanks for everything, Trew. You're a true friend. :)

Aslon

12-Aug-2022 05:58:14

Aslon Dak

Aslon Dak

Ashreyah said :
Thanks for the suggestion. However, I've had many bad experiences with clans/alliances in other games so tend to stay solo now. There's so much to do in this game and the map looks quite big. I don't think I'll be getting bored any time soon! :)

I can relate to that.

In my early years, I had a small informal clan with three friends. We were a Guthix-affiliated clan. Following the death of Guthix at the start of the 6th Age, we all decided to disband the clan. My friends chose to follow Seren. I chose to stay clanless.

Being solo is great. You have nobody to answer to, except yourself.

Of course, being solo doesn't mean you can't have friends. I have some great friends. :)

12-Aug-2022 06:11:46

Aslon Dak

Aslon Dak

Happy Friday 'Scapers! :)

I suppose I'll miss posting that each week.

It has been pretty uneventful for me in-game this week. I've popped some balloons, but I haven't really found anything worth mentioning.

So this is it. The big eye surgery is happening sometime on Monday. They haven't called yet to tell me what time. Again, I am looking forward to this, pun intended. I found out from my PCP this past Monday 2 to 3% of patients who have this surgery, and are on the same medication as me, can experience Floppy Iris Syndrome. I told him that didn't sound like something I wanted. :P So that's been added to the list of possible though unlikely side effects, along with brain damage, stroke, death, and a bunch of other fun stuff.

Afterwards, my vision will be worse before it gets better. With any luck, the recovery period will be a short one. During this time, I'm not expecting I'll be posting at all, or playing RS. Thanks for scheduling DXP during my recovery, Jagex! Good Guthix!

Actually, DXP events are like buses. If you miss one, it's no big deal. Another one will be along before you know it. :P

Once I can see well enough to come back, there is something BIG I want to work on in another section of the RSOF that will take up a considerable amount of time. It's something I've been intending to get to for quite a while. Then I can change my signature. ;)

So, for one more time:

Good luck with your goals and enjoy your weekend.

Happy 'Scaping! Always.

Aslon Dak

12-Aug-2022 07:04:32

Quick find code: 14-15-770-65953105 Back to Top