Forums

General Forum Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 14-15-770-65953105

Aslon Dak

Aslon Dak

Posts: 10,616 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Tuffty said :
Good luck on the 22nd Aslon Dak.

Don't worry about the surgeon he will do a nice job and get to the bottom of it for you.

Good luck with the cookout. I've my BBQ ready for when the Sun finally comes out.

Also yes the dreaded Forum Lag bug lol. Gets us all now and then including Me.

Thank you much, Tuffty. Yeah, I'm confident it will work out. I was in worse shape last year around this time than I am now. There is no wound where the MRI showed the infection to be, which is right where I had a wound, and two infections, last summer. I reckon this is residual bacteria that survived the antibiotic treatments. Of course, we won't know for sure until they get in there and snag a sample. That will determine which antibiotic(s) they will put me on this time. Hopefully, it will be a simple pill that doesn't have a horrible aftertaste, or induce vomiting if not taken with food.

The cookout was nice. We had five generations gathered in my uncle's garage. Temps were in the upper 50s, but with the wind chill it felt like the upper 30s! O_o So the weather wasn't as friendly as the reports suggested. What a shock. :P The food was good. My uncle grilled chicken and made homemade chocolate chip ice cream!

The Forum lag almost never gets me. That last post just lingered for what seemed like a full minute. Finally, I tried a second time and BOOM, my post instantly appeared - twice. O_o Like you said, it gets us all now and then.

Thanks again, Tuffty. Take care and Happy 'Scaping!

AD
Aslon Dak: Still 'Scaping after 19 years!
You can buy XP. You can't buy experience.
Save the RSOF! 278-279-95-66293045

20-Jun-2022 03:03:24

Aslon Dak

Aslon Dak

Posts: 10,616 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Spearmint30 said :
^ Some silly sense of nostalgia within me is preventing me from doing that to my list. Needs done, but I still haven't (yet) been able to bring myself to do it. At least for those still on my list whose names have not yet been turned to placeholders ([#...])

I can relate. My friends list is always full. When I want to add someone, I look for one of those [#xxxxxxxx] names.

I still have the very first friend I ever made in-game on my friends list. I added him in 2004. I haven't spoken to him in over 16 years. I doubt he still plays RS. He is still listed in the HiScores, but he is ranked several hundred thousands below me, and we were pretty evenly matched back in the day.
Aslon Dak: Still 'Scaping after 19 years!
You can buy XP. You can't buy experience.
Save the RSOF! 278-279-95-66293045

20-Jun-2022 03:20:10

Werewolf
May Member 2022

Werewolf

Posts: 20,266 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Aslon Dak said :
Spearmint30 said :
^ Some silly sense of nostalgia within me is preventing me from doing that to my list. Needs done, but I still haven't (yet) been able to bring myself to do it. At least for those still on my list whose names have not yet been turned to placeholders ([#...])

I can relate. My friends list is always full. When I want to add someone, I look for one of those [#xxxxxxxx] names.

I still have the very first friend I ever made in-game on my friends list. I added him in 2004. I haven't spoken to him in over 16 years. I doubt he still plays RS. He is still listed in the HiScores, but he is ranked several hundred thousands below me, and we were pretty evenly matched back in the day.
if hes still listed then hes still active you get removed from the highscores after you havent been online for a year, also didnt jagex do a name clearence back in 2014 removing names of everyone who hasnt logged in for 1 year or more. So your friend must still log in from time to time
•*º*•‹•*º*•
When the Full Moon Rises
•*º*•›•*º*•
¸,.›°ˆº•-,._.,-•ºˆ
Blood will rain down
ˆº•-,._.,-•ºˆ°•.¸
•*º*•‹•*º*•
Beware the Wolves Howl, This will be your final sound
•*º*•›•*º*•

20-Jun-2022 09:44:14

Werewolf
May Member 2022

Werewolf

Jeremy Cheng said :
Just did extinction. Boss fight was easy didn't even need yak food but the puzzle was tough to get. Rolled the dice and didn't get anything amazing. Expecting to have trouble with the twilight wordle puzzle too.
the only difficult quest boss is nomad tbh most others are simple and for the slightly tougher ones it may take a few attempts to figure out the mechanics but once you know it becomes a breeze.

With wordle i would reccomend buying all 26 letters you can use them as many times as you like and stops you having to drop what your doing because you havent bought E yet
•*º*•‹•*º*•
When the Full Moon Rises
•*º*•›•*º*•
¸,.›°ˆº•-,._.,-•ºˆ
Blood will rain down
ˆº•-,._.,-•ºˆ°•.¸
•*º*•‹•*º*•
•*º*•›•*º*•

20-Jun-2022 18:36:38

Spearmint30
Apr Member 2012

Spearmint30

Posts: 23,361 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Werewolf said :
I will make more friends over time as i get back into the game, going to be a while before i comp, but I've got questcape back, getting back my master quest could also take a while, max shouldn't take too long gone from 1 to 81 Archaeology in a week
That's very true, though in-game chat is often very quiet these days compared to the old days. (I say the same thing about the Forums.) People are interacting with each other more often elsewhere now (either that or there's just so many worlds and such a huuuuge map.... maybe even a combination of the two!) which can make it seem harder. Don't get me wrong, there's still chat and still a good plenty of it but anyone who's played this game through the ages will know that it's not quite the same, at least not by my personal recollection.

Congratulations on re-obtaining that Quest Cape and best of luck going for max!
Aslon Dak said :
The Forum lag almost never gets me. That last post just lingered for what seemed like a full minute. Finally, I tried a second time and BOOM, my post instantly appeared - twice. O_o Like you said, it gets us all now and then.
Don't feel bad - not only does that happen to me occasionally, but even as long as I've been using these forums, once in a great while I'll still quote myself when I'm meaning to edit and I'll end up with two copies of the same post (the second one with adjustments, of course). That's always fun... :P
Aslon Dak said :
I still have the very first friend I ever made in-game on my friends list. I added him in 2004. I haven't spoken to him in over 16 years.
I made my accounts in technology class (high school... shhhh). Don't worry, the teacher knew and was ok with it as long as our work was done. My first friends were IRL, but still... I'm in the same boat. I haven't talked to some since we graduated, nor seen them online.
Spearmint30

¤
"I wish there was a way to know you were in the good old days before you actually left them."
¤

21-Jun-2022 03:32:38

Spearmint30
Apr Member 2012

Spearmint30

Posts: 23,361 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ran out of characters above...
Werewolf said :
if hes still listed then hes still active you get removed from the highscores after you havent been online for a year, also didnt jagex do a name clearence back in 2014 removing names of everyone who hasnt logged in for 1 year or more. So your friend must still log in from time to time
I was under the vague impression that this was the case as well. Would be interesting to know... perhaps that friend still plays and you're just missing them the odd times they're online? I'm guessing they might not have the same time to devote to the game they once did - I think that's something we all go through. I took a significant "break" in the sense that even though I popped in from time-to-time, I was not playing regularly or consistently like I once did or currently aim to.
Spearmint30

¤
"I wish there was a way to know you were in the good old days before you actually left them."
¤

21-Jun-2022 03:37:19

KnghtGR

KnghtGR

Posts: 15 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi guys, I need to say this, cause I happen to be rather annoyed by the new patch /'nerfing' of ed3. I used to like a lot ed3ing, but what just happened?
Due to 'botting/exploiting prevention' why rest of us legit players nowadays are short of 'asked' to do 1/3rd of the ed3 at virtually no reward, and on top of that what's worse, where is the balance/logic in us clearing level 105 mobs and receiving 10% xp on them in comparison to any other place in r.s.?

If the whole point is to having Leviathan as a 'doorman' to ed3 benefits, then why not just remove the trash run altogether?, Why should a legit player endure a 'highly nerfed delaying run to reach Levi? This does not feel right and Fairplay.

I'd appreciate your views on that.

21-Jun-2022 18:28:37

Werewolf
May Member 2022

Werewolf

Spearmint30 said :
Congratulations on re-obtaining that Quest Cape and best of luck going for max!

Cheers :) It would help if i actually stayed doing archaeology but i tend to wander off lol
•*º*•‹•*º*•
When the Full Moon Rises
•*º*•›•*º*•
¸,.›°ˆº•-,._.,-•ºˆ
Blood will rain down
ˆº•-,._.,-•ºˆ°•.¸
•*º*•‹•*º*•
•*º*•›•*º*•

21-Jun-2022 18:41:43

Quick find code: 14-15-770-65953105 Back to Top