Forums

General Forum Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 14-15-770-65953105

Aslon Dak

Aslon Dak

Posts: 10,616 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Tuffty said :
@Aslon Dak

Get better soon. Thinking about you while you recover. ;)

Thank you so much, Tuffty! :)

I met with a doctor in Infectious Disease this afternoon. He said my blood work is perfect and everything is stable. My infection marker, which had been at 60, dropped to 3 once I started taking stronger antibiotics. It is now less than 3, below the threshold at which they can detect infection. He put in the order to have my pick line removed once my scheduled treatment has run its course after September 7th. Maybe the nurse will use a gizmo dissolver on this Invention perk of mine. ;) :P

In an earlier post, I compared this battle inside my body between the good bugs and the bad bugs to a mini God War raging within me. I'd like to amend that statement by quoting a certain Dalek when confronted with the possibility of a war between the Daleks and the Cybermen:

"THIS IS NOT WAR! THIS IS PEST CONTROL!"

Aslon Dak, bidding bye-bye to the bad bacteria. Exterminate!
Aslon Dak: Still 'Scaping after 19 years!
You can buy XP. You can't buy experience.
Save the RSOF! 278-279-95-66293045

30-Aug-2021 22:57:06

Twillow
Aug
fmod Member

Twillow

Forum Moderator Posts: 49,500 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Yes, you did (if you're talking about your first post there).
@Twillow_RS

For W71 Penguin locations starting January 24, 2024: www.reddit.***/r/W71PenguinWhisperers or @pengwhisper

31-Aug-2021 02:20:08

Mrs Ana

Mrs Ana

Posts: 9,010 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dong U Dead said :
I wonder if I used the words effect and affect correctly in my new thread I have just posted? Can you please let me know :)

Will this affect RS?
Quick find code: 14-15-97-66227203
Yes, as Twillow has said, the terms were used correctly.

This is the way I was taught: Use RAVEN:

R = R emember
A = A ffect is a
V = V erb
E = E ffect is a
N = N oun

Another way to remember is to use synonyms. For example, the word "affect" in your title means change , alter , influence , etc., and all of these synonyms are verbs . The word "effect" means outcome , result , aftermath , etc., and all of these synonyms are nouns .

31-Aug-2021 15:21:59

Corder
Oct Member 2017

Corder

Posts: 27,893 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Edit: LOL - I was viewing the wrong thing Life is like a camera: Just focus on what's important, capture the good times, develop from the negatives, and if things don't work out, take another shot !

01-Sep-2021 00:33:09 - Last edited on 01-Sep-2021 00:33:55 by Corder

Quick find code: 14-15-770-65953105 Back to Top