Forums

General Forum Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 14-15-770-65953105

Ailysse
Jan Member 2018

Ailysse

Posts: 1,200 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
FiFi LaFeles said :
Yes I think a break is in order for me too. I'll catch up with the monthly stuff and maybe a few short quests (I've got plenty to choose from as I'm a lazy Quester!).

And the various odd jobs I need to do like make some more Porters, bits of Invention stuff that need sorting, maybe even some long-neglected Dunge and Slayer.

Then in a few days I will return to Orthen rejuvenated ... *sigh*

I think that sounds like a great idea :)

Definitely done me good by having a couple of days away from daily chores, and arch, and thieving elves . Quite refreshing as I have too done little else but Archaeology for months.

22-Nov-2020 19:28:18

Trewavas
Jun Member 2014

Trewavas

Posts: 28,499 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I sort of accidentally hit 200m whilst hunting for the recipe fragments over at Orthen. Agreeably, it was a goal, but I certainly didn't expect to achieve it so soon. Maybe I enjoyed it a little too much? Archaeology has proved to be one of my favourite skills.

With that said, breaks are good! Completion of the penguin series will help you acquire more penguin points every week and it's always worth trying your luck at a few clues. :P

Hopefully, you can drag yourself back there feeling refreshed.

22-Nov-2020 23:24:03

Ailysse
Jan Member 2018

Ailysse

Trewavas said :
I sort of accidentally hit 200m whilst hunting for the recipe fragments over at Orthen. Agreeably, it was a goal, but I certainly didn't expect to achieve it so soon. Maybe I enjoyed it a little too much? Archaeology has proved to be one of my favourite skills.

With that said, breaks are good! Completion of the penguin series will help you acquire more penguin points every week and it's always worth trying your luck at a few clues. :P

Hopefully, you can drag yourself back there feeling refreshed.

Firstly congrats, Trewavas that is an awesome achievement, and one that I see for me only in the very, very distant future. You must have put in some really dedicated time on that, but must feel so good now to have got there.

I do love the structure that Archaeology gives, I like to know what I need to do at each step and how to achieve it which is rather lacking in the other skills, you just choose something and keep plugging away at it with them

Break now over though, had fun but now just reached level 108 Arch so soon off to do what that requires

23-Nov-2020 08:25:07

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Grats Freddie!
(Am not jelly at all. Nope. Not me)

I happened, for the first time ever, to browse the Journal. There's stuff in there I had no idea about - like - 'escape from El Kharid in a boat' .... 'speak to an El Kharid ghost while wearing ghostly gear' .... and so on.

I really didn't know there were so many weird things one had to do as requirements/achievements on top of levelling up and solving the mysteries O_o

One of the strange ones is "Attempt to be funny and show a primal feast to someone who won't appreciate it at Stormguard". Uh .... what does that even mean, lol?

I suspect it's going to take me even longer to entirely complete Arch than I thought.

Edit:
Found these things in the Wiki now with the "How to ...." guides!
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

23-Nov-2020 09:49:39 - Last edited on 23-Nov-2020 09:57:35 by FiFi LaFeles

Trewavas
Jun Member 2014

Trewavas

Thank you, J enesis. :) It feels nice to have everything done!

I agree. I like the structure of it, with the mysteries and research almost acting as miniature quests along the way. There's also the chance to regularly move around to different dig sites, complete the compasses, and head off to collectors to hand things in. Combined these factors really help break it up a little whilst keeping it fresh.

Congratulations on your level! :D

23-Nov-2020 09:52:15

Trewavas
Jun Member 2014

Trewavas

FiFi LaFeles said :
Grats Freddie!
(Am not jelly at all. Nope. Not me)

Thanks! ;)

FiFi LaFeles said :
One of the strange ones is "Attempt to be funny and show a primal feast to someone who won't appreciate it at Stormguard". Uh .... what does that even mean, lol?

Maybe you should show Famine your packed lunch Primal Feast?

23-Nov-2020 09:57:23 - Last edited on 23-Nov-2020 09:57:41 by Trewavas

Ailysse
Jan Member 2018

Ailysse

lady moxley said :
I am trying to turn off compatibility mode. I right clicked launcher , I selected properties , next step was to hit the compatibility mode but i do not have that. pls help i am stuck

Just looked on Wiki on disable compatibility mode and it said this......

When you first launch the RS Client there should be a loading screen with a progress bar, it's BEFORE the log in screen. There should be a little gear icon in the lower left (i think it's lower left). Click that and it opens the settings, change Compatibility to Normal

Not sure if this is what you have been doing, not too knowledgeable about it, there will be others here who are far more so who can hopefully help you

23-Nov-2020 15:54:31 - Last edited on 23-Nov-2020 16:00:10 by Ailysse

Aslon Dak

Aslon Dak

Posts: 10,616 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ailysse said :
lady moxley said :
I am trying to turn off compatibility mode. I right clicked launcher , I selected properties , next step was to hit the compatibility mode but i do not have that. pls help i am stuck

Just looked on Wiki on disable compatibility mode and it said this......

When you first launch the RS Client there should be a loading screen with a progress bar, it's BEFORE the log in screen. There should be a little gear icon in the lower left (i think it's lower left). Click that and it opens the settings, change Compatibility to Normal

Not sure if this is what you have been doing, not too knowledgeable about it, there will be others here who are far more so who can hopefully help you

This is correct. However, it is also possible to switch into, or out of, Compatibility Mode from the login screen, in case you don't click the little gear icon located on the lower left of the loading screen before the login comes up.

Simply left-click the word RuneScape in the top left corner of your screen - NOT the RuneScape next to the RS icon. Click the one below that. This brings up a small menu. Click on Options to bring up an interface. This contains a drop-down menu where you can choose between Auto (Normal) Mode, Normal Mode, and Compatibility Mode. Once you have made your selection, close the login and re-open it. The game will now open in the mode you have chosen. It should continue to open in this mode each time you launch RS...at least until the next failed Jagex update forces you into Compatibility Mode. When that happens, at least you now know how to escape it. :)
Aslon Dak: Still 'Scaping after 19 years!
You can buy XP. You can't buy experience.
Save the RSOF! 278-279-95-66293045

24-Nov-2020 22:32:36

Quick find code: 14-15-770-65953105 Back to Top