Forums

General Forum Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 14-15-770-65953105

Puppy Fren

Puppy Fren

Posts: 1,249 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
D E L A Y said :
@ Puppy Fren: I'm genuinely curious how much politics goes on between Jagex and their parent companies. I feel like they might want to do more but need approval first.

Another side of me wants to be naive and think they're busy brainstorming and executing big changes to come.

Based one what I've seen over the last year, I think we're seeing a lot of signs that the parent company recognizes that this is a dying game, and they're trying to milk it for all they can before its gone. MTX, complete community neglect, etc...

I think the staff has been trimmed and updates are based around maximizing profit. I have seen very little to suggest otherwise.
´¨)
¸.
´
(¸.
Puppy Fren ~ Fren of Puppies Everywhere
:)

12-Oct-2017 18:49:04

Velderuum
Mar Member 2018

Velderuum

Posts: 8,540 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Puppy Fren said :
D E L A Y said :
@ Puppy Fren: I'm genuinely curious how much politics goes on between Jagex and their parent companies. I feel like they might want to do more but need approval first.

Another side of me wants to be naive and think they're busy brainstorming and executing big changes to come.

Based one what I've seen over the last year, I think we're seeing a lot of signs that the parent company recognizes that this is a dying game, and they're trying to milk it for all they can before its gone. MTX, complete community neglect, etc...

I think the staff has been trimmed and updates are based around maximizing profit. I have seen very little to suggest otherwise.

Community neglect was before eoc even, then people said the game has been dying or being milked, thing is it won't die for a while, the game is easy to get back into if you quit or the off the run new person trying the game out for whatever reason, reddit/twitter is well alive with jmods.
Someone i know is a memeboy.

12-Oct-2017 18:51:46

D E L A Y

D E L A Y

Posts: 4,235 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Puppy Fren: I'm honestly not sure if its truly "dying". I've been hearing that since RSC and feel like this game will easily still be around a decade from now, I mean look at Gunbound and MapleStory. I feel like they think they can get away with it since RS3 is a little dated in regards to players and progress on their accounts. A lot of people have been going strong for 10+ years.

They've always been bad with communication, even before I rage quit over EoC. :P

Pasmo: D E L A Y was a new account I made, although I still had the wealth of my old accounts to help. This game comes off intimidating if you don't know anyone or have any prior knowledge I think. All I would see around RuneScape is 138's. Training is ridiculously easy now! I guess some will say that is a good or bad thing. :P

I guess will see where things go!
_.•´¯`•._.•´¯`•.* D E L A Y *.•´¯`•._.•´¯`•._

12-Oct-2017 19:12:35

Quick find code: 14-15-770-65953105 Back to Top