Forums

General Forum Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 14-15-770-65953105

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
That picture of War on the log in page has been bothering me since it appeared - it reminded me of someone but I couldn't place who. It came to me in a flash of ancient memory this morning .... my old Maths teacher. Minus the blue facial hair and armour, of course.
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

11-Feb-2020 09:07:05

Tuffty
Jan
fmod Member

Tuffty

Forum Moderator Posts: 152,207 Ruby Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
It might have something to do with the forums on a go slow still. Not sure why it's doing what it's doing but it has been doing it a few months.....

Hopefully you won't lose any more posts Dong. ;)

Odd thing is I used to lose posts a few years back. I could have sworn I'd clicked Post and when I checked no post lol. I've not had that issue for a few years though.

Better luck next time. ;)
Comprehensive Account Security
Live long and Prosper...... :P

11-Feb-2020 11:05:54

Ailysse
Jan Member 2018

Ailysse

Posts: 1,200 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
FiFi LaFeles said :
That picture of War on the log in page has been bothering me since it appeared - it reminded me of someone but I couldn't place who. It came to me in a flash of ancient memory this morning .... my old Maths teacher. Minus the blue facial hair and armour, of course.

I had a scary Maths teacher at school, a woman-at least I think so- about six foot tall, grey, short, close cropped hair. Really savage, frightened the shit out of me and is probably why I am so crap at maths.

11-Feb-2020 15:26:02

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Maybe it was a prerequisite for Maths teachers years ago .... terrify the pupils into a submissive state of mind so that they are better able to recite logarithm tables.

We had some very ... interesting.... teachers. The one for Geography was an absolute harridan and, with her back to the class, could actually smell someone passing a cheeky note to a friend.
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

11-Feb-2020 16:29:56

Ailysse
Jan Member 2018

Ailysse

Posts: 1,200 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Yes you are right. Not the overly sensitive, PC ones that you have today. The one I mentioned earlier enjoyed a very close relationship with our headmistress, who then also seemed to dislike me intensely so I spent many a long time waiting outside her office to get a ruler across the back of my hand. Mind you I was a complete monster to be honest. Would have thrived at St Trinians, I remember one of our clans favourite tricks was to casually put a lit bunsen burner under the metal seat of the person in front.

11-Feb-2020 17:13:44

Dong U Dead

Dong U Dead

Posts: 29,016 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Tuffty said :
It might have something to do with the forums on a go slow still. Not sure why it's doing what it's doing but it has been doing it a few months.....

Hopefully you won't lose any more posts Dong. ;)

Odd thing is I used to lose posts a few years back. I could have sworn I'd clicked Post and when I checked no post lol. I've not had that issue for a few years though.

Better luck next time. ;)

You don't seem to listen - I saw my posted post even five/ten minutes after posting I saw my posted posts - they were actually posted, not, I thought I posted.
If fat means flavour then I'm ******* delicious!

12-Feb-2020 17:24:03

Quick find code: 14-15-770-65953105 Back to Top