Forums

General Forum Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 14-15-770-65953105

Raldrineorth
Aug Member 2008

Raldrineorth

Posts: 10,411 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Oh and make sure you mix it with water too, forgot that part. Use a bowl, fill with warm water and then put in a cup of apple cider vinegar.

When I used it on my leg I'd take a cotton swab and dip that in to the mixture then dab all the spots down my leg, but you can soak your fingers in and out of the mixture it'll help ease the burning pain sensation.

Bowl of water, I'd say like 5 cups of warm water (or however warm or hot you're accustomed too) then pour a cup of the apple cider vinegar in to the bowl and stir a bit.

02-Feb-2020 11:59:16 - Last edited on 02-Feb-2020 12:15:24 by Raldrineorth

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Just got a drop from a Seren spirit of a Vecna Skull. No idea what that is so looked it up, got all excited when I saw it was in the "very rare" category.

Reading on, it's probably not much use to me at all lololol

Bah!
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

02-Feb-2020 15:12:31

nomolaS
Mar Member 2024

nomolaS

Posts: 21,327 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
FiFi LaFeles said :
Just got a drop from a Seren spirit of a Vecna Skull. No idea what that is so looked it up, got all excited when I saw it was in the "very rare" category.

Reading on, it's probably not much use to me at all lololol

Bah!

It's rarer than a hsr.

I've gotten 2 vecna's skulls on my hcim, while wearing lotd.
Never drop a valuable item.

Ikki blaka niður virðismikil ting.

02-Feb-2020 16:28:53

Dong U Dead

Dong U Dead

Posts: 29,016 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Raldrineorth said :
Oh and make sure you mix it with water too, forgot that part. Use a bowl, fill with warm water and then put in a cup of apple cider vinegar.

When I used it on my leg I'd take a cotton swab and dip that in to the mixture then dab all the spots down my leg, but you can soak your fingers in and out of the mixture it'll help ease the burning pain sensation.

Bowl of water, I'd say like 5 cups of warm water (or however warm or hot you're accustomed too) then pour a cup of the apple cider vinegar in to the bowl and stir a bit.

It's all healed, well not healed - just all the pain is gone and I can put pressure on my fingers :D I have burnt myself so many times and I am sure I have never needed take pain relief to relieve the pain, this was another level of pain so I am pleased I can use my digits with no problems so soon after burning them.

Congrats Fifi :)
If fat means flavour then I'm ******* delicious!

03-Feb-2020 04:35:50

Yusou Bhoroi

Yusou Bhoroi

Posts: 8,551 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dong U Dead said :
^WB :)

Thanks! : )

I hope things start to improve, for you, soon!

For future note: (though you likely already know) It's best to use running water, for burns, as that increases the water's ability to cool things - if you can't afford to run water that long (being on a meter), then using a bowl, and moving the burned bodypart around, slowly/changing its position, regularly, is a good idea - and change the water once it warms up.

It needs to be under/in water, for a minimum of 10 mins (I realise that's not always possible, with responsibilities - but that's for the individual to weigh up), preferably more - until the tissue has been completely cooled, which can take a while, for anything below the skin (our bodies are too efficient at retaining heat, in that circumstance).

Ice can cause problems with frost-burning, which can make the situation worse, so always prioritise cool water, if you have that option.

Unless severe, swelling is beneficial in most burns, in more rapidly, and more thoroughly triggering processes for nerve, and blood vescle repair (it's even more beneficial for bone breaks, and can substantially increase the strength of any regrown bone), so avoid taking anti-inflamatories, if possible (unless otherwise instructed by your Doctor - each individual's full situation is different).

Anyway, I wish you luck with a speedy recovery. : )

03-Feb-2020 14:13:39 - Last edited on 03-Feb-2020 14:15:55 by Yusou Bhoroi

Dong U Dead

Dong U Dead

Posts: 29,016 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
^Yip and thanks for the advice :) I put my fingers under running water for a good 10 minutes- actually put the timer on, turned everything off, at first I was trying to finish cooking the fish to serve lunch, in the end, I just turned all off, the pain was just so bad. Over 10 minutes of running water I was still in severe pain so I put it back under the running water and thought I could be here forever, so that's when I remembered my youngest son saying he made some ice the other day, so I put the ice in a bag with a facecloth around it, finished cooking the fish served lunch ate lunch, still severe pain without the ice/facecloth - this was a good 40 minutes after burning myself - so I rang Healthline to ask how to get rid of the pain and she told me you can't use ice and I said yes, but there is a facecloth around it and she said it's best to just use a cold facecloth, we don't recommend using ice any more and take ibuprofen - which worked. The cold facecloth did not work, did not settle the pain at all, so I did carry on with the ice under the facecloth as that got rid of the pain until the pain relief settled in.

Oh yeah, it's summer here so our cold water isn't that cold, I could hold my fingers under the water without any problems if I tried that in the winter the coldness would start to hurt and I'd have difficulties in keeping finger under running water.
If fat means flavour then I'm ******* delicious!

03-Feb-2020 17:44:23

Cuttie460
Jan Member 2023

Cuttie460

Posts: 2 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hello everyone!
My name is Cuttie460 and I have been playing Runescape since August 17, 2005! I just want to say after all of these years playing Runescape I have never been bored and burnt out from the game, I want to thank everyone who plays this game and making it very enjoyable for me, whether that be through chatting in game with me, creating content on Youtube and Twitch, making enjoyable posts in the forums that I lurk and read, and for making this game something that I will play for the rest of time. I appreciate this community as a whole and I want to say thank you and I will definitely be posting in the forums more often!

04-Feb-2020 02:15:49

Quick find code: 14-15-770-65953105 Back to Top