Forums

General Forum Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 14-15-770-65953105

Dong U Dead

Dong U Dead

Posts: 29,016 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
FiFi LaFeles said :
Not bothering with it tbh. All that standing in one place and getting wee little amounts of xp is a bit too dull for me. I don't get much playing time these days so I'd rather be 'busy' when I log in.

I have been getting just over 1k every so many seconds while wearing that New pulse core thing - it's nearly used up though. Without it you are earning around 700 xp every so many seconds as long as you have skill tokens.
If fat means flavour then I'm ******* delicious!

29-Jan-2020 00:55:14

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Yes, but without the skill tokens it's really not that great, and the tokens get used up very quickly.
Once I have about 1k of them I spend a short while using them up but no way would I stand around at the Event without them. It's just too boring.

The Cinder cores are alright so long as you actually have bxp to burn in that skill. If not then they have no use.

And, for me, it's the whole standing around thing. Fine if you want to afk and watch TV but as I get little playing time on RS these days I'd far rather be moving around, involved in actually playing and interacting with the game and doing something. Mindlessly racking up xp just to see the numbers go up isn't, for me, playing , I get no pleasure out of it.

P.S. The 10% standard boost I can get any time from using Pulse Cores. If I don't have any I can freeload it from visiting W2 or some other place they are common. That way I'm not tied to the limited choice of skills on offer at the Event.
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

29-Jan-2020 02:00:15 - Last edited on 29-Jan-2020 02:08:23 by FiFi LaFeles

Ailysse
Jan Member 2018

Ailysse

Posts: 1,200 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I have just done my weekly trip to the Herby Werby D&D. With a D&D weekly token so that I can do it twice, bxp and a couple of pulse cores, got some pretty nice Herblore xp from it. 287000 the first time and 308000 the second.

29-Jan-2020 12:21:59

Rooh
Jan
fmod Member

Rooh

Forum Moderator Posts: 40,719 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ailysse said :
I have just done my weekly trip to the Herby Werby D&D. With a D&D weekly token so that I can do it twice, bxp and a couple of pulse cores, got some pretty nice Herblore xp from it. 287000 the first time and 308000 the second.

I keep forgetting about Herby Werby, thanks for the reminder :)
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain"

29-Jan-2020 17:31:07

Dong U Dead

Dong U Dead

Posts: 29,016 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I do Herby Werby weekly.

Cinder cores are very good xp, around 200 xp more than the pulse core. Also this event isn't much different than skilling in game - just about all skills is standing around. I have been collecting around 4k then I use them, at first with cinder cores (ran out) and now I use them with pulse cores. I think it's because I had bonus xp which makes it all worth while, running out of Bonus xp now, not much left, I had a good run though :)
If fat means flavour then I'm ******* delicious!

29-Jan-2020 23:50:26

Jeremy Cheng
Aug Member 2013

Jeremy Cheng

Posts: 25,679 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Just bought my Birds of Prey (2020) ticket for February 6th. Only two other seats sold. I'm super pumped. Haven't watched a movie since Star Wars Episode IX, don't care about 1917, Like a Boss, Gretel and Hansel, Bad boys for life or Just Mercy. Might watch Sonic the Hedgehog if the reviews are Certified Fresh.

30-Jan-2020 05:14:02

Quick find code: 14-15-770-65953105 Back to Top