Forums

General Forum Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 14-15-770-65953105

Jakey Boy
Sep Member 2022

Jakey Boy

Posts: 8,238 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Finance said :
Ok, but I had higher expectations for a film with an essentially unlimited production budget.

It's possible to make an outstanding space/sci-fi movie with special effects AND a good plot. For example, Interstellar.
Ehh, I'd say Interstellar hit the mark on special effects but the plot was not the best. It was okay. But I get your point.
200M all skills, Trimmed comp Cape, MQC
White knighting"female" forum users is cringey
Always protect "certain community minded people" no matter what!

13-Jan-2020 07:32:25

Loki
Sep Member 2011

Loki

Posts: 65,238 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Loved Interstellar, and Ad Astra was alright. Little slow for my liking with not enough action, but still wasn't a terrible movie to watch!
• »‡« •
Adam
• »‡« •

Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts.

13-Jan-2020 07:46:37

Loki
Sep Member 2011

Loki

Posts: 65,238 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Finance said :
FiFi LaFeles said :
I want to see the 'Rise of Skywalker' - any Star Wars fan I've talked to (or read on here, lol) have said it's a must-see. Just not had time yet - probably will go next weekend. Hope it's still showing locally.

It's not that good. The special effects are impressive, but the plot isn't particularly original.

The best Star Wars movie since the Disney acquisition, by far, has been Rogue One. I'd even say Solo is better than Episodes 7/8/9.
I'd have to say Rogue One is by far my favourite Star Wars movie of them all. I don't think any of them are better than that.

The one thing that really annoys me about Star Wars is Chewbacca - most annoying character I've ever seen on a movie screen before. Absolutely hate him and the annoying sounds he makes. Going into spoiler territory for Rise of Skywalker, so spoiler alert...
I was super excited when the ship blew up at the start of the movie and everyone thought Chewbacca was dead. I was literally the only person to yell out in the cinema 'omg finally', and then my heart just sank when he showed up alive later on in the movie... :@
• »‡« •
Adam
• »‡« •

Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts.

13-Jan-2020 07:53:47

Jakey Boy
Sep Member 2022

Jakey Boy

Posts: 8,238 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Loki said :
Finance said :
FiFi LaFeles said :
I want to see the 'Rise of Skywalker' - any Star Wars fan I've talked to (or read on here, lol) have said it's a must-see. Just not had time yet - probably will go next weekend. Hope it's still showing locally.

It's not that good. The special effects are impressive, but the plot isn't particularly original.

The best Star Wars movie since the Disney acquisition, by far, has been Rogue One. I'd even say Solo is better than Episodes 7/8/9.
I'd have to say Rogue One is by far my favourite Star Wars movie of them all. I don't think any of them are better than that.

The one thing that really annoys me about Star Wars is Chewbacca - most annoying character I've ever seen on a movie screen before. Absolutely hate him and the annoying sounds he makes. Going into spoiler territory for Rise of Skywalker, so spoiler alert...
I was super excited when the ship blew up at the start of the movie and everyone thought Chewbacca was dead. I was literally the only person to yell out in the cinema 'omg finally', and then my heart just sank when he showed up alive later on in the movie... :@
Would you say that you enjoy jar jar more?
200M all skills, Trimmed comp Cape, MQC
White knighting"female" forum users is cringey
Always protect "certain community minded people" no matter what!

13-Jan-2020 07:55:38

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Jarjar Binks (or however it's spelt) is the one character that I found irritating in the films I've seen so far. Rogue One was my favourite, too :)

I'm sure I'll enjoy this new one, come what may, because .... it's Star Wars!
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

13-Jan-2020 09:30:06

Dadizar
Oct Member 2005

Dadizar

Posts: 5,902 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
my daughter was in 2nd grade when the movie with Jar Jar Binks came out. Jar Jar was her favorite character at the time and she used to imitate Jar Jar speak all the time.

That year, at the school district's annual parents-teach conference, her teacher told us what a bright girl she was, but was concerned that perhaps she needed to see a speech therapist.

My wife and I looked at each other and simultaneously burst out laughing. The teacher gave us a look like "my, what horrible parents". We explained it to her and she was then laughing with us. A fun memory due to Star Wars. :) :D ;)
§¤*
What love we've given, we'll have forever. What love we fail to give, will be lost for all eternity. - Leo Buscaglia
»¤§

13-Jan-2020 09:57:20

Nubby Nubnub
Feb
fmod Member

Nubby Nubnub

Forum Moderator Posts: 7,708 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
FiFi LaFeles said :
Jarjar Binks (or however it's spelt) is the one character that I found irritating in the films I've seen so far. Rogue One was my favourite, too :)

I'm sure I'll enjoy this new one, come what may, because .... it's Star Wars!
I never liked Jar Jar either, until I read this: https://old.reddit.com/r/StarWars/comments/3qvj6w/theory_jar_jar_binks_was_a_trained_force_user/

Makes the character a lot more interesting :p

13-Jan-2020 11:39:49

Rooh
Jan
fmod Member

Rooh

Forum Moderator Posts: 40,719 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The saga started going downhill for me at the end of episode VI when the Ewoks appeared.
Episodes 1 & 2 are unforgivable, Episode 3 picked up a little bit when it got darker.

The recent ones have been pretty decent, but Rogue One really stands out.... and The Mandalorian shows them all how it should be done. You can have cute creatures that aren't ridiculous.
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain"

13-Jan-2020 11:46:23

Quick find code: 14-15-770-65953105 Back to Top