Forums

General Forum Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 14-15-770-65953105

Dong U Dead

Dong U Dead

Posts: 29,016 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I can't wait for the building noises to stop next door, months of building noises - I've had 2 or 3 weeks of quite - it's now back again :| I've been suffering headaches and migraines for many, many months now and building noises are just not helpful. You'd think today's wet weather would stop them, nope not at all :|
If fat means flavour then I'm ******* delicious!

12-Jan-2020 21:35:14

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ailysse said :
FiFi LaFeles said :
Off to the pictures again later. Going to see "1917".

Supposed to be an incredible film, and I think possibly one that might have quite a profound effect after watching it. Not for the faint hearted

It was, indeed, a very good film and I'm not surprised it won stuff and got nominations for other stuff. Beautifully shot - very sad (well, no surprise, war films are inclined to be like that).
Definitely worth seeing.

I want to see the 'Rise of Skywalker' - any Star Wars fan I've talked to (or read on here, lol) have said it's a must-see. Just not had time yet - probably will go next weekend. Hope it's still showing locally.
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

12-Jan-2020 21:45:51

Jakey Boy
Sep Member 2022

Jakey Boy

Posts: 8,238 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
FiFi LaFeles said :
Ailysse said :
FiFi LaFeles said :
Off to the pictures again later. Going to see "1917".

Supposed to be an incredible film, and I think possibly one that might have quite a profound effect after watching it. Not for the faint hearted

It was, indeed, a very good film and I'm not surprised it won stuff and got nominations for other stuff. Beautifully shot - very sad (well, no surprise, war films are inclined to be like that).
Definitely worth seeing.

I want to see the 'Rise of Skywalker' - any Star Wars fan I've talked to (or read on here, lol) have said it's a must-see. Just not had time yet - probably will go next weekend. Hope it's still showing locally.
Couldn't have glooped that better myself! We are definitely two gloops in a gloop!
200M all skills, Trimmed comp Cape, MQC
White knighting"female" forum users is cringey
Always protect "certain community minded people" no matter what!

13-Jan-2020 00:35:04

Ghazgkull

Ghazgkull

Posts: 9,600 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dong U Dead said :
I can't wait for the building noises to stop next door, months of building noises - I've had 2 or 3 weeks of quite - it's now back again :| I've been suffering headaches and migraines for many, many months now and building noises are just not helpful. You'd think today's wet weather would stop them, nope not at all :|

throw cats at the workers
WAAAGH!!!

13-Jan-2020 04:05:51

Jakey Boy
Sep Member 2022

Jakey Boy

Posts: 8,238 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ghazgkull said :
Dong U Dead said :

throw cats at the workers
I don't think encouraging animal abuse will help. That's not a very Gloopy comment.
200M all skills, Trimmed comp Cape, MQC
White knighting"female" forum users is cringey
Always protect "certain community minded people" no matter what!

13-Jan-2020 04:28:35

Finance
Apr Member 2012

Finance

Posts: 56,429 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
FiFi LaFeles said :

It's not that good. The special effects are impressive, but the plot isn't particularly original.

The best Star Wars movie since the Disney acquisition, by far, has been Rogue One. I'd even say Solo is better than Episodes 7/8/9.
Community Helper

Need account help, technical support, or payment help? Visit the
Support Centre

13-Jan-2020 06:18:47 - Last edited on 13-Jan-2020 06:19:48 by Finance

Archaeox
Dec Member 2011

Archaeox

Posts: 53,469 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Finance said :
FiFi LaFeles said :

It's not that good. The special effects are impressive, but the plot isn't particularly original.

Yeah but you see, that's what gets me - back in the day (i.e. when the original trilogy was being released), nobody went to a Star Wars movie expecting a fabulous plot (or even excellent acting). They were never going to be heavyweight Oscar contenders, and nor were they meant to be.

They're just Good-vs-Bad fairy tales with an sf setting. A bit of immersive, escapist fun with fancy special effects. If you go in with that mindset, you won't be disappointed.

Also amuses me how people continue to dump on the movie even though it's on track to take in more than $1 Billion.
~~~~ Just another victim of the ambient morality ~~~~

~~ Founder of the Caped Carousers quest cape clan ~~

!! Slava Ukraini - heroyam slava !!

13-Jan-2020 06:53:30

Quick find code: 14-15-770-65953105 Back to Top