General Forum Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 14-15-770-65953105

The contents of this message have been hidden

13-Dec-2019 23:29:56

Singularity
Aug Member 2023

Singularity

Posts: 97,500 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Last night was not good that's for sure. Labour just got decimated. I wasn't expecting Labour to win, but I was hoping for a Conservative majority block.

"Get Brexit Done" was very effective.

At this point, it seems the Tories will continue holding on to power. People just don't seem to care about the biggest issues in the UK.

I do hope they feel Brexit is worth it in the end.

It doesn't really matter who runs for Labour, they will be under more scrutiny than anyone from the Conservative government. People will "not vote for Labour because of X reason" no matter who runs. The media will make sure of that.

I wonder if this result has crushed the hopes of any Americans wanting change in the 2020 US elections (i.e. Medicare for all). Last night's result sure has that hope-crushing potential for anyone desiring change.

13-Dec-2019 23:47:14 - Last edited on 13-Dec-2019 23:48:53 by Singularity

Scouse
Feb Member 2018

Scouse

Posts: 29,038 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Get Brexit Done was a winning factor but i have to wonder when, how and if it will "get done" any time soon or was that just factor used to gain the votes needed to win and once the win is achieved will it return to the umm'ing and arr'ing that we have seen for so long now. [qfc id=]whatever[/qfc]
#JFT96
August 15th 2017, the day Jagex freed me
Liverpool is love, Liverpool is life

14-Dec-2019 00:01:11

Singularity
Aug Member 2023

Singularity

Posts: 97,500 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Didn't they just keep saying parliament kept blocking them? Now they have a majority, they can't get blocked by them. They have the power to do what they want, even if that means leaving with no deal at all. That was the whole point of the "Get Brexit Done" chant, to secure a majority to get it done.

It's possible it was just used as a winning tactic. If that's true, it worked very well. It secured them a huge win.

We'll just have to wait and see what happens. It does seem too good to be true that Brexit will really be done when stated, but I suppose it is possible. Only time will tell.

Sucks for the people that are considered most vulnerable though. They're going to suffer the most (possibly even more so than ever before) under full-powered Conservatives for 5 whole years.

14-Dec-2019 00:27:11 - Last edited on 14-Dec-2019 00:30:37 by Singularity

Scouse
Feb Member 2018

Scouse

Posts: 29,038 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I am just a sore loser in all this and feel the need to complain but if i have to be brutally honest, i would say that the next 5 years will probably be not so different than the last 5 years for the lower to middle class person and most of us got through that, the people that are saying "god save us" and "britain is ruined" should probably sit back and stop the scaremongering and just get on with it.

Much love

Scouse - bit confused at the moment but life goes on.
[qfc id=]whatever[/qfc]
#JFT96
August 15th 2017, the day Jagex freed me
Liverpool is love, Liverpool is life

14-Dec-2019 01:13:13

The contents of this message have been hidden

14-Dec-2019 02:31:57

Loki
Sep Member 2011

Loki

Posts: 65,238 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Scouse said :
Yes we did but apparently the rich care more about themselves than the NHS, HOMELESS, VERERAN SOLDIER THAT GAVE HIS/HER LIFE FOR BRITAIN
Well of course they do. They get taxed heavily and already lose a lot of money, yes they can afford it, but still, they are losing money. Anyone is going to pick which benefits them the most.

I am by no means near rich (£21k/year atm), but I've been taxed more this year while working in the UK, than I have during the past 8 years working in Australia combined. Honestly the UK tax system (and everything really) just wants to take money here and there. Even parking at shops you have to pay for. It's honestly disgusting.

Also, I voted for Lib Dems.
• »‡« •
Adam
• »‡« •

Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts.

14-Dec-2019 09:18:57 - Last edited on 14-Dec-2019 09:19:50 by Loki

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Anyway ..... this Election malarkey. Wow! was I surprised. I did think BoJo would get in again but just scrape by - not this landslide that he had :O

Maybe now ~ at bloody last ~ Brexit will happen, businesses and the financial sector will know where they actually stand and can get on with whatever plans they have in place for making sure they survive the shitstorm which will inevitably follow our departure from The Machine and rank & file Politicians can get back to dealing with domestic issues which really matter to the average citizen.

The country has been in limbo and disarray for 3+ years, a Nation divided, but now Boris has been given the rudder I'll be very interested to see what the clown does with it. I just hope he doesn't sink the ship.
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

14-Dec-2019 09:33:50

Quick find code: 14-15-770-65953105 Back to Top