Forums

General Forum Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 14-15-770-65953105

CM Nick

CM Nick

Local Moderator Posts: 9,140 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dong U Dead said :
These Huskies became popular from the Twilight movies and the TV show Game of Thrones and people found them hard to look after - what a sad story for these lovely dogs - it's a shame people don't research dogs and there behaviours and needs before getting them.

I loathe people who do this :(

Any time someone I know talks about getting a husky I give them a biiiigggg lecture about how much work goes into having them, they need pretty much CONSTANT attention and lots of walks. Not for everyone, but god are they loyal and cute <3
Community Manager for Jagex

| Forum Help | Account Security |

22-Oct-2019 22:52:08 - Last edited on 22-Oct-2019 22:56:59 by CM Nick

Dong U Dead

Dong U Dead

Posts: 29,016 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
CM Nick said :
Dong U Dead said :
These Huskies became popular from the Twilight movies and the TV show Game of Thrones and people found them hard to look after - what a sad story for these lovely dogs - it's a shame people don't research dogs and there behaviours and needs before getting them.

Any time someone I know talks about getting a husky I give them a biiiigggg lecture about how much work goes into having them, they need pretty much CONSTANT attention and lots of walks. Not for everyone, but god are they loyal and cute <3

I never knew they were hard work until I looked them up just before - as they are adorable dogs I can see people wanting them - but you need to research all dogs have different needs and some are so much easier than others, with better nature too.

I have two rough and tumble boys, so if I ever get a dog they will need a placid, strong and good natured dog <- that's for starters.
If fat means flavour then I'm ******* delicious!

22-Oct-2019 23:08:33

Wolfblue42

Wolfblue42

Posts: 3,982 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Huskies got a larger cousin and suffer the same thrown out of houses problem. They are beautiful dogs though.

Showcase of em
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mX4Lt466sqM

Then the puppy version, She brings up the rehousing issue around minute 9
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJBY1UTaaYU

22-Oct-2019 23:40:33

Molly Weazly
Jul Member 2008

Molly Weazly

Posts: 4,686 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
CM Nick said :
Jeremy Cheng said :
Well the trailer was kinda meh. Pointless running in a forest scenes, space horses somehow riding on top of a star destroyer in space and that kylo and rey are going to fight vader clones and resolve their beef spoiled.

I really enjoyed it, but I can see it not being everyone's cup of tea.

Also this trailer definitely confirms the leak I read of the plot a while back, so do NOT look at anything on the internet related to leaks for this movie if you don't want to be spoiled!

Thanks Nick. Sorry I read JC's spoiler before realizing what it was. My bad. The next 2 months holding my ears and singing lalala. :P

Also, sorry for your family's troubles. Glad your Mom is doing better and hopefully your sister is recovering. Losing your home is horrible and your sis had a double header with that and your Mom being ill. Much love to you all.

23-Oct-2019 01:44:46 - Last edited on 23-Oct-2019 01:49:03 by Molly Weazly

Molly Weazly
Jul Member 2008

Molly Weazly

Posts: 4,686 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dong U Dead said :
CM Nick said :
Dong U Dead said :

I never knew they were hard work until I looked them up just before - as they are adorable dogs I can see people wanting them - but you need to research all dogs have different needs and some are so much easier than others, with better nature too.

I have two rough and tumble boys, so if I ever get a dog they will need a placid, strong and good natured dog <- that's for starters.

My niece is a husky breeder and her dogs are lovingly raised and homed. I think they are so beautiful and sweet tempered but I know they are beyond my ability. She offered to give us one in April, but I know my limits. If I didn't, I'd have a zoo in my backyard, lol.

Dong, a good natured, strong dog for children is most likely a retriever. But if they are too rough and tumble, it's best to wait til they're ready to treat their pets with care. Or start them with pets that require a gentler touch like hamsters or hermit crabs. But I do think children do well to have pets!

23-Oct-2019 01:58:22

The contents of this message have been hidden

23-Oct-2019 10:52:37

The contents of this message have been hidden

23-Oct-2019 10:52:43

Quick find code: 14-15-770-65953105 Back to Top