Forums

General Forum Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 14-15-770-65953105

Dong U Dead

Dong U Dead

Posts: 29,016 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Molly Weazly said :
Jeremy Cheng said :
Back from my one week holiday from the 23rd to now. Took mom to vietnamese restaurant, liked the bill so I tipped 15%. What'd I miss?

Idk where you live or your financial situation, but 15% is just an average tip. If you really want to show appreciation 20% or more is how you tip. Where I am anyway. Poor waitpeoples.

Also you missed dxp and that's about it.

Welcome back JC!

I was told recently that 15% is usually what is expected as an American tip - also isn't the tip added onto the bill??

On another note, well event - I find each event seems to be harder and harder to complete without buying into it - honestly this event I have spent many, many hours - pretty much all my hours outside of sleep and work down a hole - I only work parttime and sleep very little - so that's a hell of a lot of time in-game which I wouldn't normally do. Thankfully I am just watching Netflix or in the forums while I'm trying to complete the event. There would be no way in hell if my children were in my care (fathers week) that I would be able to complete it - two or three hours a night wouldn't cut it, you would need to buy into it if you want the rewards. The only reason I am doing it really is this is dung xp, as it's a skill that I am not that into, even though the sword looks wicked and the pet is fantastic - I do hope to be able to complete it - it is a sad way to expect a lot of players to buy to be able to complete, very sad!
If fat means flavour then I'm ******* delicious!

01-Aug-2019 01:10:51

Raldrineorth
Aug Member 2008

Raldrineorth

Posts: 10,411 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Yea 15% is the standard for tipping but 20% if you really enjoyed the service provided, also depends on where you're at too sometimes. Richsie places and stuff where the waiting is top notch, deffo 20%. Pizza shops and stuff lower than med-high class restaurants is entirely up to you but usually I'd go 15% standard, 20 if the looks like the food was cooked well and the waiter/waitress wasn't a stuck up teenie.

01-Aug-2019 04:16:56 - Last edited on 01-Aug-2019 04:18:09 by Raldrineorth

The contents of this message have been hidden

01-Aug-2019 08:26:59

ChillWithMe

ChillWithMe

Posts: 13,541 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Khristoffer said :
I work in the restaurant industry and you’d be surprised how terrible people tip...

Can confirm. Back when I used to work at a restaurant I had a coworker get completely stiffed. The customers were friends of the owner and ate over $100 of food for free, then they left a $5 tip lol.

01-Aug-2019 12:18:48

CM Nick

CM Nick

Local Moderator Posts: 9,140 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
ChillWithMe said :
Khristoffer said :
I work in the restaurant industry and you’d be surprised how terrible people tip...

Can confirm. Back when I used to work at a restaurant I had a coworker get completely stiffed. The customers were friends of the owner and ate over $100 of food for free, then they left a $5 tip lol.

My ex girlfriend's mother was always terrible for this. When she DID bother to tip it'd be something insulting like 5%, but usually she'd just complain about the service no matter what and say terrible things about the waitstaff. I hated going out to dinner with her, she'd always pick the priciest, poshest restaurant and then act like a total jerk. When I was able I'd always try and sneak the waitstaff a tip without her seeing lol.

Glad I dodged the bullet on those in-laws :P
Community Manager for Jagex

| Forum Help | Account Security |

01-Aug-2019 21:28:31

Quick find code: 14-15-770-65953105 Back to Top