Forums

is selling account names legit

Quick find code: 14-15-519-66291843

Desingerica

Desingerica

Posts: 357 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
so someone asked to buy my H O N D A name for 15b and I really like that name but I wanna know is it against the rules to sell usernames

like I think there should be name bidding similar to grand exchange where you can sell your usernames

I just wanna know are you allowed to sell names? is this against the rules?

would be cool if you could sell/trade your in-game names tho

14-Dec-2023 06:09:35

Tranq
Nov Member 2007

Tranq

Posts: 61,832 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
It really depends on who you ask as to the response you'll receive. Many see this as a gray area.

In truth seeing as the display name is looked at as a tangible item in the gaming community selling it for in game wealth can be viewed as real world trading. Nevermind the other notion being the fact we as players don't own anything about our characters it's all owned by Jagex. So could also be seen as selling someone else's property.

Best to avoid asking the world at large if something is against the rules, then contemplating doing the act that might get you in hot water as it could flag your account.
When the day becomes the night and the sky becomes the sea, when the clock strikes heavy and there’s no time for tea; and in our darkest hour, before my final rhyme, she will come back home to Wonderland and turn back the hands of time.

14-Dec-2023 12:47:39

Archaeox
Dec Member 2011

Archaeox

Posts: 53,469 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
A transaction that size for no in-game item will IMMEDIATELY flag your account for investigation by Jagex, and if the money used to pay you was obtained by dubious means could result in your account being banned.

In any case, this is a trust trade, which is by definition extremely risky.

Don't do it.
~~~~ Just another victim of the ambient morality ~~~~

~~ Founder of the Caped Carousers quest cape clan ~~

!! Slava Ukraini - heroyam slava !!

14-Dec-2023 15:47:48

Mrs Ana

Mrs Ana

Posts: 9,010 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Original message details are unavailable.
A transaction that size for no in-game item will IMMEDIATELY flag your account for investigation by Jagex, and if the money used to pay you was obtained by dubious means could result in your account being banned.

In any case, this is a trust trade, which is by definition extremely risky.

Don't do it.
This. There is no guarantee that this will proceed as agreed upon. I wouldn't take the risk.

14-Dec-2023 16:04:43

2_Tron

2_Tron

Posts: 23,025 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
As per '
Rules of RuneScape

REAL WORLD TRADING

Real World trading (RWT) means buying or selling in the real world, for real money, things that relate to Jagex accounts. This includes:

- In-game items
- In-game Gold (GP)
- Account names
<-

In addition, paying someone to play your account for you is covered by this rule.

Everything in RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, including the account(s) you use to play the game, are owned by Jagex. Players are given permission to use these accounts by Jagex. However, Jagex do not give permission to anybody to sell or buy things that relate to Jagex accounts.

Your account will be investigate/actioned as the other side of said trade ...

14-Dec-2023 20:58:16

Bertel62
Aug Member 2023

Bertel62

Posts: 1,052 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Original message details are unavailable.
Real World trading (RWT) means buying or selling in the real world, for real money

Yes. It does not mean buying or selling in the game, for in-game money, which is what the question is about.

14-Dec-2023 23:17:24

Jeremy Cheng
Aug Member 2013

Jeremy Cheng

Posts: 25,679 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I've been asking for a legal name sale/buy system in the game for years. It's needed so players can buy and sell desired names. There's one particular name I'd like to change to but bots will snipe it if the owner gets into a trade with me.

15-Dec-2023 02:15:30

Quick find code: 14-15-519-66291843 Back to Top