Quick find code: 14-15-352-66287073

Sydon
Sep Member 2023

Sydon

Posts: 34 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dilbert2001 said :
Pulseironic said :
Dilbert2001 said :
The RS3 team told us they have better graphics project going on this year, and they will continue with Avatar Refresh next year.

Noticeably, we have City of Um, Game Gam area updates and the Overworld Refresh project, together with new models with NPCs in the making. Jagex may think the project this year has higher priority this year.

I think working on other new NPC models may actually be useful in the Avatar Refresh project too.
this is kinda how i see it. player avatars and npcs are just collections of parts. get the npcs good and then enable them for players.

Let me recall what Mod Iroh showed us in their 2021 Avatar Refresh presentation livestream. Animations and facial expressions have been presented as big parts of the project. They explicitly showed us the flexibility and moods of our new Avatar.

Although we have yet to see these things in our player, if we look closer to the chat heads of NPCs in quests and other conversations, it is not hard to see their facial expressions. When we turn our focus to the ability overrides, VFX among other new animations the last few months, we should have seen we are actually working toward the flexy avatar Mod Iroh once showed us.

You know Mod Iroh left Jagex ? And other people working on this project also, thats why they shelved it and also why they said on twitch live the project could not happen at all.

17-Sep-2023 17:04:08

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,311 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
^^
Didn't I tell you we are still actively seeing what Mod Iroh et al showed us about the flexy and moody Avatar? We are seeing the works on the facial expression and chat heads of many NPCs, as well as the nimbe VFX effects on the animations and ability overrides of our player avatar.

Avatar Refresh is a concept, not just about giving our avatar a cast in the stone new face. The good thing is we are actually seeing this concept in the game already.

17-Sep-2023 17:21:53

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Sydon said :
Well I think they should start making it a priority in order to keep up with the new content in the game our character should be important.

They have already given us the clear priority of 2023, ever since their January livestream this year - it is not a priority in 2023 at all, as they have far bigger priorities on (then) undisclosed big graphics projects.

Be happy to enjoy the continuation of the Overworld Refresh project, expansion of Fort Forinthry, various Game Jam new initiatives (and they are showing us more this week), new NPC models, animations, ability overrides among other fresh ideas this year.

As for next year, priority of Avatar Refresh should be reviewed at the beginning of next year. I don't mind to see a modernize avatar and the continuation of the Avatar Refresh project, but I will review its objective and make sure it is on par for prosperity of RS3's future direction. I will definitely make use of beta testing servers and I will go with an object oriented design. I will make reuseable tools that can be used not just on Avatar Refresh but in the bigger picture all RS3 NPC Refresh.

18-Sep-2023 18:21:52

Sydon
Sep Member 2023

Sydon

One of the thing that looks the worst at the moment is the hairstyles on our character, and in the past they proved they can release easily some better quality hairstyles like the one they sold on the solomon store. We are aware the NPC models and other content is getting updated but the same should be done to our character in the end its the one we see the most.

Hairstyle exemple :

20-Sep-2023 17:01:53

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

^^
I don't think anywhere did they have hairstyles in Avatar Refresh.

We have a lot of hairstyles in RS3 already, and Mod Dragon has proposed a Duty-Free costume store with hairstyles among other goodies too, but Avatar Refresh is not about our hairstyles that we can have a lot better ones coming up outside Avatar Refresh.

20-Sep-2023 18:12:30

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Sydon said :
Did you watch the avatar refresh video ? Because all hairstyles were supposed to be updated

https://runescape.wiki/w/Player_Avatar_Refresh

Nowhere did they mention hairstyle. If you found something new, perhaps you could update the RS Wiki.

20-Sep-2023 20:21:15

Sydon
Sep Member 2023

Sydon

Well clearly in this picture you can see the hairstyle update with the character model ahaha : You tought they were gonna update the character model and let the old 8 pixel minecraft hairstyle ?

Also yes we have a lot of hairstyles in RS3, this is not the problem, the problem is that the hairstyle are outdated and looks bad today thats why we need a refresh.

20-Sep-2023 20:25:53

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Sydon said :
Well clearly in this picture you can see the hairstyle update with the character model ahaha : You tought they were gonna update the character model and let the old 8 pixel minecraft hairstyle ?

Also yes we have a lot of hairstyles in RS3, this is not the problem, the problem is that the hairstyle are outdated and looks bad today thats why we need a refresh.

We clearly see short pants on the very same picture you linked. Why don't you say Avatar Refresh is about pants too?

20-Sep-2023 20:34:45

Quick find code: 14-15-352-66287073 Back to Top