Quick find code: 135-136-684-65507718

Sicariu
Feb Member 2011

Sicariu

Posts: 9,648 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi Letozan,

I'll try to answer some of your questions:

Letozan said :
what happens if the owner just logs in now and then (months between each time) this would reset the timer of inactivity right, which means a clan can't be saved since 12 months of owner inactivity is not met, what else can we do to save the clan?

This is correct. According to this thread's guidelines, a clan owner must have not logged in within the last 12 months to qualify for removal. Any instance of logging into the game will reset this.

Letozan said :
We've asked our owner to give the ownership to someone who could take care of the clan further to keep it alive, since it's nearly impossible to run a clan with no owner because of their permissions, example deputy owners can only kick 3 people a day if I am correct, unless it's changed, how are deputy owners supposed to clean out a big list of inactive people to start over again?

All ranks, Admin through Deputy Owner, are permitted 2 kicks per day. However, the Clan Owner does have unlimited kicks. Unfortunately, you need to get in contact with the Clan Owner about situations like this if they do not fit the criteria in this thread. Someone who leads a clan should be more aware of how important their role is in maintaining the clan such that they can transfer Ownership to someone should their own activity be that low.

The only way you can clear out a large number of inactive members is to have all of your Admin+ ranks team up to use their 2 kicks per day until there's no one left who needs to be kicked. If you don't want to "waste" kicks, this resets at game reset, so just before it would be the best time to utilize this. That way, the kicks come back relatively soon.

Letozan said :
I was just informed our Clan owner logged in today and changed two of our overseers to deputy owners.

Glad to read this. Hopefully, all is ok now?
~ Sicariu
Leader of
No Sigil No Sleep
- founded 1 April 2013
Need Clan Help ?

01-Feb-2018 19:25:39

Letozan
Sep Member 2023

Letozan

Posts: 156 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi!
Thanks for answering my questions and yeah, gonna take like 75 days for two active people with high enough rank to clean out a list of 300 ish inactive people out of 500.

And nothing is okay, at least yet, he just logged in to make two people deputy owners, he didn't log in to start playing again so him being inactive still remains.
And how can we run a clan without an owner? That is my next important question.
We can't get direct contact with him and he just gets upset if we ask him to pass his ownership to someone else, so asking him wouldn't be an option, I guess Hunt clan is trapped in a pit unless some miracle happens...
| Walk here
Letozan
(level: 3)

| Follow
Letozan

| Trade with
Letozan

02-Feb-2018 19:00:45 - Last edited on 02-Feb-2018 19:02:11 by Letozan

Sicariu
Feb Member 2011

Sicariu

Posts: 9,648 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Unfortunately, there's nothing I or anyone else can do to help you with that. :(

Your Clan Owner is the only one who's capable of doing so. Until he realizes the clan needs him to step down, your options are limited, and you already know what they are. Someone who is inactive that would rather let the clan die than put someone else in charge should not be a clan leader in my opinion.

Worst case scenario, you'll need to leave and start a new clan, but I don't think that's something you're considering.

By the way, since you're asking questions rather than requesting for your Clan Owner to be removed by Jagex (because he doesn't meet the required criteria), I'd suggest continuing this in another thread if you have anything to add: ? Clan Help ¿
~ Sicariu
Leader of
No Sigil No Sleep
- founded 1 April 2013
Need Clan Help ?

02-Feb-2018 23:05:44 - Last edited on 02-Feb-2018 23:06:34 by Sicariu

Mod Shauny

Mod Shauny

Jagex Moderator Forum Profile Posts by user
Hey all, sorry for the delay on this.

Going to batch up the posts and fire it over :)
Mod Shauny - RuneScape Community Management - Goebies! - @JagexShauny
I love Clans!

06-Feb-2018 11:57:21

Mod Shauny

Mod Shauny

Jagex Moderator Forum Profile Posts by user
Sxy Beard - From what I can see you're all good now? :)

T01 - He's logged recently from what I can see?

Chee Chee - Seems to have logged in recently?

Nasty Miff - Sent over!

O Nando - Sent over!

Hoshimi5058 - Sent over!

cheetahkill1 - Sent over!

Pyran - They seem to be the owner now?

CasualComper - Sent over!

1GodandKing - You seem to be the owner?

Xeriana - Will poke again for you

Lili Sachya - Sent over!

Uneithiel - The Owner has been online recently, are you able to contact him at all?

Bill Teach - He's logged in very recently, any luck?

Kuique - Someone else has already asked for ownership on that clan?

RDashieeHCM - Whoops! Yeah we'll sort :P

Gwynevera - Sorry to be a pain but can you fill out the form like everyone else has?

Letozan - Feel free to fill out the form and I'll make a judgement call based on what to do
Mod Shauny - RuneScape Community Management - Goebies! - @JagexShauny
I love Clans!

06-Feb-2018 12:26:55

Puriles

Puriles

Posts: 6 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
No response so...

Clan: Tea Horizon
Inactive Clan Owner: Gammawizard
New leader: Purile

Gammawizard, the clan owner, has been inactive on what will be a year in April due to personal reasons. No one's been able to get in touch with him. Current deputy owner Gaandolf, also last logged around that time. He moved to a place where there is no internet connection and likely won't be back any time soon.

I'm currently the highest ranking (Coordinator) member of that clan and am requesting ownership. Aside from kick and ban options, there isn't much to do right now.

09-Feb-2018 17:34:05

Sxy Beard
Nov Member 2019

Sxy Beard

Posts: 1,702 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Sorry Mod Shauny but things are not all good now.

In all the time waiting for a response on this thread the clan owner did log into the lobby with private messages off, would not say anything or listen to us and a couple minutes later left after a name change... this is the same problem we had 2 years ago when we tried to get him removed on this thread....

Is it still possible to get him removed from the clan and a different leader put up? Not sure how many more years I want to be playing this cat and mouse game with him. Thank you

10-Feb-2018 12:27:15

Hvey Specter
Sep Member 2023

Hvey Specter

Posts: 146 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Thanks Mod Shauny for the feedback,

I don't have any contact with LynxCatcher since at least last year and from what I could see from his adventurer's log he hasn't leveled up or gained any meaningful experience for April last year.

Like I was saying, I have no way to contact him except ingame and I haven't seen him around.

Are there any other options to revive the clan I mentioned?
Hvey Specter
Harmonic Alliance Leader

Recruitment Thread Link

11-Feb-2018 09:36:11

Bill Teach
Dec Member 2023

Bill Teach

Posts: 3,144 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ty for getting back to us Shauny, Unfortunately I wasn't logged on at the time he logged on, although i heard through someone that was in our CC at the time that it was for a brief period & hadnt said anything... which is something similar to what he did the previous year. Idk if he's doing it just to stay 'active' or what. Still haven't heard from him on Discord or Skype though. . .{¨ˆ*·¸
. . .
¸„¸ . .¸*'³ Captain ³*¸. . ¸„¸
. . .
¸·*ˆ¨}. .
. . `¸ . `·›‹•“ .',¸;.‹´ . Bill Teach . `›.;¸,'. ”•›‹·´ . ¸´ . .
¸¸„.ˆ
. . . . '. . . . . .
° ,¸ ¸ ,.»«., ¸ ¸, °
. . . . . . . . . .
ˆ.„¸¸

15-Feb-2018 13:54:32 - Last edited on 15-Feb-2018 13:55:03 by Bill Teach

VoidLordXian
Sep Member 2007

VoidLordXian

Posts: 1,037 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Just checking back again:

I am the Deputy Owner of NUTZ FOR PC. Our Owner Angel55818 has been absent for nearly two years now. We are in need of cleaning up inactive members and an active Owner. (As there are citadel permissions that even I do not possess.)

Clan: NUTZ FOR PC
Owner: Angel55818
Deputy: VoidLordXian

20-Feb-2018 04:31:54

Quick find code: 135-136-684-65507718 Back to Top