Forums

Inactive Clan Owners Thread is locked

Quick find code: 135-136-684-65507718

Janos Morgan
Jul Member 2009

Janos Morgan

Posts: 4,081 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Kera said :
What is it that isn't happening that you would like to see happen?

I want them to actually care about the clan, since they obviously do not. Or even pass on their mantle of leadership to someone trying to keep the clan together. At this rate, that isn't going to happen.
Janos Morgan of Asgarnia
World Guardian of Guthix
|
Guide for the Lost
|
Lore Master and Quester

A look of fury, a look of pain, a look of hatred you can trust. A smile can hide anything.

23-Aug-2017 21:02:52 - Last edited on 23-Aug-2017 21:05:56 by Janos Morgan

Kera
Aug Member 2010

Kera

Posts: 11,100 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Doesn't sound like thats going to happen from what you've said.

Is it time to jump before the ship sinks, or hang on in there and try to make it work
Kera:
Proud leader of Shattered Moon

23-Aug-2017 21:50:24

Hachikuji
Nov Member 2021

Hachikuji

Posts: 8 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hey so our clan leader position was passed onto a hardcore who had died without the jar, so he doesn't have the ability to leave or change roles. The clan is Snowman Posse and the leader is Ashe V2
edit:
Clan name: Snowman Posse
Current Leader: Ashe V2 (dead hardcore)
Deputy Owner: looks like we don't have one? 'zanny uwu' is also a dead hardcore lmao, I might be the next highest rank 'Hachikuji'

23-Aug-2017 22:38:03 - Last edited on 23-Aug-2017 22:41:11 by Hachikuji

Werewolf
May Member 2022

Werewolf

Posts: 20,258 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Janos Morgan said :
Thanks for your advice.
I think for this instance its better if you form a new clan and just leave him alone in his own empty world thats what I would do and I expect the same from my clan if I suddenly stopped caring

Edit: as your not a deputy they won't hand it to you either way the clan has about 7 so you will need to ask one of the deputy's to post here should you want leadership changing
•*º*•‹•*º*•
When the Full Moon Rises
•*º*•›•*º*•
¸,.›°ˆº•-,._.,-•ºˆ
Blood will rain down
ˆº•-,._.,-•ºˆ°•.¸
•*º*•‹•*º*•
Beware the Wolves Howl, This will be your final sound
•*º*•›•*º*•

24-Aug-2017 01:53:43 - Last edited on 24-Aug-2017 01:56:50 by Werewolf

Judge Badass

Judge Badass

Posts: 345 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hey guys,

It seems to to me either they are ignoring my request and refusing to reply, or cannot and not willingly to think over the criteria. Not to be rude, but I would like a reply, they do it for everyone else. If they are still discussing or already came up with a resolution, it be great if they posted that on here so my clan can take a course of action. Otherwise, I see this as situation where they are delaying a response due to having to abide some guidelines that can change or the lack of problem solving. It's quite frustrating. My clan continues to grow and we have a strong base. It's quite difficult to start over, because transferring new clan members to form a new clan membership, is quite difficult cause of members being on different times of day. And even then not all may transfer cause it seeming like a redo, meaning we lose our citadel we worked months for. One person who is clearly abusing the situation should not be able to dictate how the clan and ruin the hard work we have done.

Jagex, please response to my message.

Sincerely,

Judge Badass

24-Aug-2017 03:09:01

Kera
Aug Member 2010

Kera

Posts: 11,100 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Judge Badass said :
Hey guys,

It seems to to me either they are ignoring my request and refusing to reply, or cannot and not willingly to think over the criteria.

I'm sure they didn't purposefully ignore your request, but the answer to your request will be that there is nothing they can do. The leadership of a clan is only changed where the leader has been inactive for 12 months. This isn't likely to change, no matter how much you don't like the time limit.

More importantly, by your own admission, your clan leader isn't inactive, so you don't fit that criteria. That being the case, you won't ever be able to have the leadership changed. At the end of the day, the clan belongs ( for want of a better word) to the clan leader, to do with it as they wish. If you can't deal with the situation as it is, then your alternative is to leave and start over, with yourself or your friend as leader, and build it up from scratch.

No the answer isn't what you want to hear, but it's how it is. Complaining and pushing for Jagex to change it wont work because you don't fit the criteria.

Use your energies to make a new clan. You have said the clan has a solid core, and is continuing to grow- use that for the new clan, and and make it even better. It will benefit you in the long run
Kera:
Proud leader of Shattered Moon

24-Aug-2017 10:54:49 - Last edited on 24-Aug-2017 10:56:05 by Kera

Mod Shauny

Mod Shauny

Jagex Moderator Forum Profile Posts by user
Hachikuji said :
Hey so our clan leader position was passed onto a hardcore who had died without the jar, so he doesn't have the ability to leave or change roles. The clan is Snowman Posse and the leader is Ashe V2
edit:
Clan name: Snowman Posse
Current Leader: Ashe V2 (dead hardcore)
Deputy Owner: looks like we don't have one? 'zanny uwu' is also a dead hardcore lmao, I might be the next highest rank 'Hachikuji'

Just checked this, I had to laugh due to the situation you're in (As a note to all clans, don't ever be in this scenario!)

I'll pass it on to our team to sort out for you :)

Judge Badass said :
Hey guys,

It seems to to me either they are ignoring my request and refusing to reply, or cannot and not willingly to think over the criteria. Not to be rude, but I would like a reply, they do it for everyone else. If they are still discussing or already came up with a resolution, it be great if they posted that on here so my clan can take a course of action. Otherwise, I see this as situation where they are delaying a response due to having to abide some guidelines that can change or the lack of problem solving. It's quite frustrating. My clan continues to grow and we have a strong base. It's quite difficult to start over, because transferring new clan members to form a new clan membership, is quite difficult cause of members being on different times of day. And even then not all may transfer cause it seeming like a redo, meaning we lose our citadel we worked months for. One person who is clearly abusing the situation should not be able to dictate how the clan and ruin the hard work we have done.

Jagex, please response to my message.

Sincerely,

Judge Badass

As it stands the owner hasn't been inactive for 12 months, per the guidelines there's not much I can do there sorry :(
Mod Shauny - RuneScape Community Management - Goebies! - @JagexShauny
I love Clans!

24-Aug-2017 11:42:25

Arsenal Ace

Arsenal Ace

Posts: 2 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Clan: The Reapers of Light
Clan Leader: I don't actually remember his old character name, but in the clan his name is [#C53YU81C0]
Clan Deputy: 98 Hurt Ace

I can't actually remember the name of the character that was the leader of the clan but has been inactive long enough that his name was replaced with letters and numbers. It would be great if the deputy of our clan could become the new clan leader so that we can get back to growing and having fun.

24-Aug-2017 14:04:26

Quick find code: 135-136-684-65507718 Back to Top