Forums

Inactive Clan Owners Thread is locked

Quick find code: 135-136-684-65507718

Mod Matthe

Mod Matthe

Jagex Moderator Forum Profile Posts by user
GenerallPain said :
Hello my ingame name is Generallpain i am the Overseer of the clan: Circle of the gods
I am part of the group that founded this clan. Unfortunately my clan leader and most others stopped playing runescape for over more than a year. And we do not have deputy owner.
W33dHunta-gf : Owner

could you please make me the clan leader?
i am highest in command and i am the only one active in the clan.
I have added some friends because i wish to maintain this clan and make it bigger,

i realise the third criteria is for deputy owners only. But i have to try because. we dont have one, im just afraid that the clan will cease to exist without a new leader

As your Clan has no current deputy we will not be able to transfer ownership, no. I would advise forming a new clan instead.

Mod MattHe
Community Development
| Account Help | Payment Support | Technical Help | Follow me on Twitter |
Mod MattHe | Former Community Manager, now in Events & occasional Lore Monkey

10-Apr-2015 12:00:39

Mod Matthe

Mod Matthe

Veridel said :
I think 12 months is rather a long time 6 months would be better , also i believe the 7 days waiting time shouldn't apply to members leaving a inactive clan. this would be a massive approvement

12 months is the time we have decided on internally - there were lots of reasons but it was also discussed at length with the Clan Leader's Forum as to the most appropriate amount of time.

Inactive Clan's do not exist within the database, they are a classification we check manually. As such there is no way to remove the 7 day waiting time before joining a new clan.

Mod MattHe
Community Development

10-Apr-2015 12:06:56

Mod Matthe

Mod Matthe

Emil said :
Veridel said :
I think 12 months is rather a long time 6 months would be better , also i believe the 7 days waiting time shouldn't apply to members leaving a inactive clan. this would be a massive approvement

But it has to be "too long" to eliminate the risk that changing the owner is the wrong decision and lower the amount of request to the ones that are serious.

Those are both excellent reasons, yes.

Mod MattHe
Community Development

10-Apr-2015 12:09:47

DRA90N

DRA90N

Posts: 49 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I am the deputy owner of a clan on my F2P account (5inix) and the clan leader has recently posted on our clan-site that his account has been locked and he is unable to gain access to it (ie. unable to provide enough ownership information about the account).

Is it possible to have his account removed from the clan so that my deputy owner account (5inix) can take over?

Thank you.

14-Apr-2015 10:16:46

Ithell

Ithell

Posts: 524 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
My friend IRL and others have been running a clan by themselves for several months while the clan leader never logs into Runescape. The clan leader actually logs onto a different game and we have tried contacting him through there and on a social media site to no avail. It is clear that the leader has no interest with any members of the clan or managing the clan.

I was wondering if you could transfer ownership in the clan "Threshold" to Wrench/Fluume as they are deputies and are active very regularly.

Feel free to contact me through the player messaging system or through twitter @TrendyRS

I'm willing to adapt to any circumstances so we can actually have a clan leader for our clan.

23-Apr-2015 01:05:42 - Last edited on 24-Apr-2015 17:45:46 by Ithell

Hot Gypsy

Hot Gypsy

Posts: 38 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'm the owner of Exiled Death Knighs, and I'm myself planning on becoming too inactive to run my clan, so I'm wondering if it's possible to have one of my deputies take over as clan leader, so that it won't die out without a real leader? Would be sad to see months of hard work just die out, if I'm ever to come back. Always settle for
third
, for I am number
one
, and my alt is
second

25-Apr-2015 15:56:58

Quick find code: 135-136-684-65507718 Back to Top