Forums

Extinction Quest Help

Quick find code: 98-99-437-66250087

Longlegs

Longlegs

Posts: 17 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
So I'm at the part of the quest where you fight Seren. she killed me and now when I go back into the world gate to fight again, there is nothing happening. Vic tells me to place needles (already put them down to start Seren fight) and Seren just says leave her alone. I've talked to NPCs outside the gate and nothing. the quest has literally stopped for me. I cant progress anymore. any help Please? I've logged for 5 hours and still cant start progress the quest.

14-Apr-2022 03:54:27

Ranged Leech

Ranged Leech

Posts: 3 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Extinction Quest Help

I have a glitch, I died during the last boss fight and when I go back it shows the shard is already placed there, but it doesn't show the cutscene or start the fight over. I have 1 shard left in my inventory and there is nowhere to place it. If you know how to fix this please help, I appreciate it.
Extinction Quest Help

I have a glitch, I died during the last boss fight and when I go back it shows the shard is already placed there, but it doesn't show the cutscene or start the fight over. I have 1 shard left in my inventory and there is nowhere to place it. If you know how to fix this please

14-Apr-2022 12:41:39

Red Snyper2
Feb Member 2022

Red Snyper2

Posts: 854 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Update on the help request. I was about to bypass the Muspah portion of the fight, but now it looks like I'm experiencing a bug. It's where I'm trying to plant the last Needle shard in a designated spot, but I was tele'd to Seren and my inventory shows the shard wasn't planted. Has anyone experienced this bug before? If so, how do I fix it?

Edit: Disregard the help as I was able to figure it out. I was able to plant the Needle shard after the final battle with Seren, which somehow was able to teleport me into the battle square, even though I did complete that. It's weird, but I was able to complete that portion of the quest. And my apologies to everyone for trying to help me.

09-Jun-2022 02:14:30 - Last edited on 09-Jun-2022 17:17:27 by Red Snyper2

Rooh
Jan
fmod Member

Rooh

Forum Moderator Posts: 40,607 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I just finished Extinction and would like to add the following tip:

Before the final fight, if you can access Oo'Glog, use the pools there for unlimited run energy, boosted HP, and boosted prayer.

Burn some logs for boosted HP.

In addition to decent food, take a couple of Sara Brews for boosted defence and HP plus extra healing.

Animate Dead is a huge help.

As others have recommended, don't fight, just concentrate on surviving for a couple of minutes. Escape and Surge are great for getting away from anything that causes damage.
Who's the cat that won't cop out when there's danger all about?

12-Jun-2022 17:42:09 - Last edited on 14-Jun-2022 13:35:11 by Rooh

HonestTiger
Mar Member 2023

HonestTiger

Posts: 14 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I think I experienced a bug were as soon as I finished the Seren fight and was told to head to the world gate I was constantly taking damage like a bleed effect. Due to the constant damage, any dialogue trying to interact with the gate was interrupted (which I managed to proceed with by fast forwarding the conversation with the space bar). However, during the cutscene my screen was black and I received a message saying my gravestone timer has started for which all my equipment will be gone. Luckily I was able to exit the cutscene and reclaimed my stuff in time by interacting with the grave overlay that appeared on my screen.

11-Oct-2023 18:58:33

Quick find code: 98-99-437-66250087 Back to Top