Forums

~Discontinued Item Vault V1~ Thread is locked

Quick find code: 93-94-82-65935394

SoulSplits
Nov Member 2014

SoulSplits

Posts: 4,615 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Original message details are unavailable.
@Soulsplits if you sell eventually a DIV owner will buy and that's the end of that. It will never be on the market again. Please understand our goal is divorced from the economy. We seek to remove discontinued items for the sake of removing them.

Ok so then what is your goal? Like why remove them?

To make people money? Because even if you dont plan on selling, many/most will sell on you

To make it even harder for newer players to one day obtain a partyhat?

You really sound naive if you are saying that you want to hoard rares, and raise prices, but not for profit purposes. If you are actually that naive, you will be dumped on and your plan will fail, but I am cringing a bit because I find it really hard to believe that this isn't motivated by profit. There is no positive to this, other than making the runescape elitists even more elite, which I suppose for elitists is a positive.

Once, again I don't see a good idea on this thread, I see ego.

Feel free to clarify your argument

27-Jul-2017 17:57:44 - Last edited on 27-Jul-2017 17:59:26 by SoulSplits

Established

Established

Posts: 236 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I agree with SoulSplits, why would you want to take peoples endgame goals away from them?
This seems like a feeble attempt to get people to buy rares out and make them rise even more.

I think a crash is way overdue and imagine it will happen at any moment and the reason for this thread is greed.

If you want to take them out of circulation, either alch them or throw them into the well of goodwill when it re-opens.
If your goal is to actually take them out of the game, why would you pose the risk of people being able to go against these rules, what if you one day think.. ahh.. 50b for a useless hat, i have 100 of them and could do with some gp..yolo!

27-Jul-2017 18:09:00 - Last edited on 27-Jul-2017 18:12:51 by Established

The contents of this message have been hidden.

27-Jul-2017 18:12:06

27-Jul-2017 18:14:26

27-Jul-2017 18:17:10

keggyyy

keggyyy

Posts: 1,602 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Original message details are unavailable.
I agree with SoulSplits, why would you want to take peoples endgame goals away from them?
This seems like a feeble attempt to get people to buy rares out and make them rise even more.

I think a crash is way overdue and imagine it will happen at any moment and the reason for this thread is greed.

If you want to take them out of circulation, either alch them or throw them into the well of goodwill when it re-opens.
If your goal is to actually take them out of the game, why would you pose the risk of people being able to go against these rules, what if you one day think.. ahh.. 50b for a useless hat, i have 100 of them and could do with some gp..yolo!
Op will become poor if he alchs them.

27-Jul-2017 18:18:12

Quick find code: 93-94-82-65935394 Back to Top