Forums

~Discontinued Item Vault V1~ Thread is locked

Quick find code: 93-94-82-65935394

SoulSplits
Nov Member 2014

SoulSplits

Posts: 4,615 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Original message details are unavailable.
Prices will not be posted here. There are official threads for this.

So I am sure it is hard to respond to criticism, but I would really like to know what you're take on this is, because I am not convinced even you don't know why this would be a good idea lol.

27-Jul-2017 18:52:33 - Last edited on 27-Jul-2017 18:52:46 by SoulSplits

D E L A Y
Sep Member 2023

D E L A Y

Posts: 4,235 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Naive but genuine question, even though I own a partyhat and other rares I don't consider myself rich since my cash stack isn't even 500m at the moment and I will never sell my rares for the personal value they hold to me. But, what do people who have 2b+ do with their money? Personally after T90/92 gear and all the supplies for every skill that can essentially be bought like Herblore, Prayer, Crafting etc... What is the point of having so much money if they're not using it for discontinued items? Thanks. (This is my first year back in awhile so it isn't a troll question, I've been out of the loop for awhile.) _.•´¯`•._.•´¯`•.* D E L A Y *.•´¯`•._.•´¯`•._

27-Jul-2017 18:55:04

Scream pie

Scream pie

Posts: 1,203 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
People are free to channel their in-game wealth as they wish. Even give to charity wells/ donation drives. In the context of this thread specifically members would strive to buy up rares simply to deprive outsiders of ever possessing one. Buying even more rares and locking it down. Generating even more money to acquire every single rare would be a sufficient goal to last a lifetime.

Any rare holder is our ally when they chose to sell to DIV owners. Anyone who doesn't sell at all is equally an ally to the group.
Before you buy/sell a rare, read this : Discontinued Items for Dummies

27-Jul-2017 19:04:51

Kissing
Nov Member 2015

Kissing

Posts: 535 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
How can you be a "group of like-minded individuals" when no one's a part of it? You literally haven't even listed yourself as a DIV owner or put any of your rares in the vault (if you actually have any).

27-Jul-2017 19:07:47

f a k e news

f a k e news

Posts: 962 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'm sorry but all I see here is an inflated ego. Let the market work on its own. If you are really that bad at flipping rares, then try PvM or staking. I don't know what else to tell you, but gathering people to do your dirty work so you can make money by "hoarding" rares is just sad.

Rares are already circulating with low volume, have you seen the prices lately? Many PvMers (including myself) own at least one partyhat and have no intention in unkeepsaking it any time soon. Not to mention, the top 1% hoarding rares is exactly what the community hates. If you take just a few steps outside of the cancer that is the world 2 GE partyhat corner, you'll hear that nobody wants hats this high, and no body wants this much control over them by merchants.

- Also you are very naive if you think people wont dump on you if you even manage to raise prices at all. In fact I will promise you that if you push my white to 20b I will be the first to cash out, and I can probably name 5-10 more players for you that I am sure would do that same.

-no support what so ever, and I have done a decent amount of hat flipping in the past

27-Jul-2017 19:13:34

SoulSplits
Nov Member 2014

SoulSplits

Posts: 4,615 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
People are free to channel their in-game wealth as they wish. Even give to charity wells/ donation drives. In the context of this thread specifically members would strive to buy up rares simply to deprive outsiders of ever possessing one. Buying even more rares and locking it down. Generating even more money to acquire every single rare would be a sufficient goal to last a lifetime.

Any rare holder is our ally when they chose to sell to DIV owners. Anyone who doesn't sell at all is equally an ally to the group.

Really? outsiders? I am struggling to decide if you are a troll or not, at this point.

Yes, people can do what they want with their in game-wealth, that is true, but does that mean people SHOULD do whatever they want? no

We frowned upon gambling, we frown upon rwt, we frown upon price manipulation, and every one here frowns upon the nonsense you are proposing on this thread.

Just because no one is telling you that you CAN'T buy up rares doesn't make this a good idea.

27-Jul-2017 19:15:53 - Last edited on 27-Jul-2017 19:16:56 by SoulSplits

Scream pie

Scream pie

Posts: 1,203 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Guys!
My thread (it is still being completed!) is not an opinion poll.
This is a thread for my group
. If you aren't in it why bother posting here? What is your purpose in trying to defend some vague ideas that have no connection with my content or what we intend for this group?

Do you randomly barge into a football team and yell baseball is better you should all quit? Who asked you to be here, why are you here? I'm so confused.
Before you buy/sell a rare, read this : Discontinued Items for Dummies

27-Jul-2017 19:22:41 - Last edited on 27-Jul-2017 19:23:38 by Scream pie

Torte

Torte

Posts: 3,574 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Creed & Rules of Conduct :-

We believe in the one true cause.
The DIV almighty.
Beholder of all things treasured and gone.
I hold my vault strong with all its glory.
Forgotten and buried.
And onto life in the world to come.

How do i go about applying to join your cult?

27-Jul-2017 19:28:37

Established

Established

Posts: 236 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Guys!
My thread (it is still being completed!) is not an opinion poll.
This is a thread for my group
. If you aren't in it why bother posting here? What is your purpose in trying to defend some vague ideas that have no connection with my content or what we intend for this group?

Do you randomly barge into a football team and yell baseball is better you should all quit? Who asked you to be here, why are you here? I'm so confused.

It's called freedom of speech, people are telling you what they think of this ludicrous idea, deal with it.
Would you prefer for only the people that support it to post? because that isn't going to happen. sorry.

If you look at the amount of people supporting this idea than those against it, should be pretty easy to see what the community thinks of your idea.

peace

27-Jul-2017 19:31:22

Quick find code: 93-94-82-65935394 Back to Top