Forums

† World 103 POC Community T4 † Thread is locked

Quick find code: 90-91-990-65815213

An Epic Fool
Nov Member 2023

An Epic Fool

Posts: 3,376 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hey everyone,

I know this seems kind of sudden, but I am stepping down as threadholder.

I have wanted to step down for quite some time, but I really like everyone here and I wanted to keep this going for as long as I felt I could.

There are several reasons why I'm stepping down, but the biggest has to be that I have very little time for myself anymore, and I don't want to spend it taking care of the thread. Hell, I don't even want to spend it playing RuneScape anymore. The game really lost its appeal to me a long time ago, and I only really stayed because of the friends that I made here in this community. Every time I get on the game, it essentially feels like I have a bunch of chores to do, and it's not fun anymore.

I could go on, but I'd rather not fill up an entire post with me whining and complaining. :P

Instead, I want to address the fact that I am nominating Rob Jones for threadholder have no clue who to nominate for threadholder, so I'm leaving it (in the spirit of the pure political chaos of 103) as an open election, where anyone may run!

Whoever wins the election can be the new threadholder. I will be more than happy (like, so happy ) to send you the spreadsheet I use to quickly update resources, and I will answer any questions you have about how the system works. I will obviously maintain the thread until a new threadholder is elected (I mean, unless you never pick a new one, in which case I will inevitably leave after a sufficient amount of time has passed).

I don't really know if I'm going to play RS regularly anymore. I might play for new quests/good content (good content? I wish, RIP Arc 2016) but I don't want any additional responsibilities from a video game. This means I'm stepping down as silver key in LAK, if not leaving the clan altogether.

Thank you for being friends with me,

Epic Fool
Cain Izrail |
Court Jester
of The Menaphite Empire

21-Oct-2016 01:28:51

Darius Verus
Jun Member 2011

Darius Verus

Posts: 1,062 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
My Dear Friend, Epic Fool,

All of your contributions to this great land have been accepted happily by all of us. You were an excellent threadholder and I'm not entirely sure that anyone can truly take your place. But that's not what I'm really here to comment on, am I?

I have to say, out of anything, you were an amazing friend, an awesome person to talk to. I found so much enjoyment out of getting to know you, talking about what was going on here and there. I wish you luck in anywhere you go, and you'll always be able to reach out to me if you need me.

- Darius Verus

21-Oct-2016 01:53:13

The Gud Kang

The Gud Kang

Posts: 14,154 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Epic, it is a shame to see you go. As I mentioned in discord, you have done a real service for this world. I wish you the best and hope that you will stay in touch.

I nominate Desert Spear for threadholder. He has ample community engagement and his real life major has a huge conflict management component. He is very independent and often pushes back against my more bellicose ideas. He would be a real credit to this community and he has NXG'S vote.

21-Oct-2016 03:52:56 - Last edited on 21-Oct-2016 03:53:26 by The Gud Kang

Quick find code: 90-91-990-65815213 Back to Top