Forums

EyeOnTheSky: A Star Community

Quick find code: 75-76-844-64164201

Hc Warrior90
Dec Member 2014

Hc Warrior90

Posts: 116 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
kiwi i read through your posts and i must say that i think the "time zone leader" is a great idea. That way we can make sure that there is a rank online at most given times who is willing to help everyone.

I do not want to run for clan leader because i think i am not responsible enough and i simply dont have the time for it since i have to focus on my education in a few weeks.
i hope the person who get elected as clan leader really enjoys it and and takes the full job responsibility on him/her

sincerely, Hc Warrior90

23-Jul-2013 21:03:17 - Last edited on 23-Jul-2013 21:10:38 by Hc Warrior90

Ronratron
Aug Member 2009

Ronratron

Posts: 34 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi All,

I think a lot of how successful a clan functions as a social group, and how it develops over time has to do with the quality of its leader(s) and the way, a base set of rules that are clear and well maintained help to minimize the social friction between us.

We are a very diverse group of people, with a wide interest in different aspects of this great game, and we somehow found a home in this clan and feel good in it.
The rules and the leadership supplied the social grease

I can only thank Ree for the great job she has done up until now.
Its no small thing, and I think she has been (is) a better leader then she gives herself credit for.
If she put her name in for re-election she would get my vote.

My hope is that the new leader we will vote for will help maintain the social / helpful aspects of this game intact.

I curious to see what the candidates vision is on EOTS future and past.
And i am very happy that Ree decided to stay and continue to help make this clan a success.

I won't put my name in for election, Real life makes it so I can't give the clan the attention it would need, but I wish for all members a smooth transition of "power", with a minimum of social unrest.

I will do what I do can to help EOTS reach the release of RS4...... 7th age intact as a social welcome clan .

I look forward to see the nominees

Regards

Ronald

23-Jul-2013 22:13:06

Magicalsilo

Magicalsilo

Posts: 27 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
As we transition to a new regime I have a thought or two I want to share.

I recently heard that an opportunity was given to all to put their names in for the chance to be the new leader. I also heard that no one has supplied their names. This is understandable as there are quite a few responsibilities that are part of this position. With that being said here goes........

I'm thinking that a "collective" leadership would help resolve the above mentioned issues. So lets say there are 2 people in this new leadership role. This would give them the opportunity share/delegate the responsibilities as needed instead of one person being overwhelmed with everything. Also, in the event that one of the leaders cannot attend a function for whatever reason they would have the fallback of their collective partner.

Another thought is that if we decide to take this route, I feel that a male and female should be the makeup of this team. This way a fresh perspective from both sides of the coin can be part of the decision making.

Finally, in my mind many people if not all of us have put a lot of time in making this clan and citadel a huge success!!! Lets keep it going!!!!!!

24-Jul-2013 00:57:13

Oldgma3

Oldgma3

Posts: 769 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Even tho Ree & I do not see eye to eye on recent events, I still only wish the best for her & eots.

With that said.... I will vote only because I want the best person to be the leader of some very wonderful people (unless there is only 1 person running). I don't feel that anyone; including me, that is not a current clan member or been in eots more than a few weeks should vote on the future of those that are the current members.

Many of these past members have moved on to other clans & have the right to vote for their clan. They were not here to build the citadel to t7, they were not here to mine the hundreds of stars, they were not here to bring out the avatar countless hours to benefit those that were here and they didn't spend countless hours cooking, cooking, cooking to get the dragon. So no no matter how wonderful they may be they left and they may not be back so why would they have a stake in members futures?

Unless this is a fixed vote with lots of the votes coming from past members to get in certain people.

This will probably be deleted but remember you the clan decide your future it should not be outsiders deciding it.

24-Jul-2013 01:05:35

Zodiac Rose

Zodiac Rose

Posts: 204 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
*gets dragged in from vacation*

I just wish to let everyone know that I have decided to taken a vacation for a little over a month from the clan and friend chat. This had started on Monday. Rumors floated around that it is because I'm burnt out. And that is exactly what's going on. I had posted previously that I wouldn't be on much due to a lot of things going on in real life. And the more I thought about the real life things I had to do and being on here, the more I realized I didn't enjoy being stressed out online. And being on constantly to achieve a goal also took a toll on me.

I plan to take this vacation to reconfigure myself and figure out where I stand as a member of this clan more. I do plan to return after I finally have at least two things cut from my real life. I hope everyone would understand and support this decision of mine. I love EotS and I have dedicated a better part of my personal life for this clan. I don't want ANYONE ever doubting me and accusing me of the opposite.

As for the issues at hand. We do need to grow. If we do not grow we do not evolve. Things are changing and we ourselves must change with it. However, as for who gets to vote for this "election" I do agree with Gma on how those who haven't devoted their time to the clan and left shouldn't be allowed to vote.

I am not putting my name in the ring to lead. I rather be a part of an under counsel of HR personnel due to myself having experience in this department.

I do wish to express several fear I have about all this. No matter what the outcome lines have been drawn and more will as well. I do not wish to see more people go as a result of whatever decisions are made. I also can't help but feel responsible for being the final catalyst for what's been going on. These are me voicing my opinions and I hope that my fears and worries are wrong.

I'll see you all when I get back...or what's left of everyone
Your humble servant
Zodiac Rose of Seren

24-Jul-2013 02:48:15

Servenius
Oct Member 2019

Servenius

Posts: 89 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Rose, the events that have come to pass since your absence is not in any way to be rested on your shoulders. You have been an outstanding clan member always looking out for those around you. Never have you tried to upset the boat and everyone in the clan and those that have left the clan have high respect for you. Please do not feel responsible for this as there are others to blame for this but you are not one of them. Take care in your vacation and i hope you all the best

24-Jul-2013 03:06:26

1slum1lord2

1slum1lord2

Posts: 211 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Thanks for trying to have an open mind but I totally disagree with establishing rules for new leaders to follow and disagree even more about letting non current clan members vote.

I agree with Oldgma that the only people that vote should be members of the clan effective a given date. May or may not include those that just got upset and quit. It definitely should NOT be people that are currently disconnected or just in fc but not in clan or members dating back to who knows what date! Past people make great advisers that but not decision makers!

For example, if I was to run, how could someone that was a member before I was know if I would be a good or a bad decision?

In our last rank meeting, I was one that voted in favor of bringing back an old silver star (whom I had never even seen in fc or heard of in a year and a half) based on thinking additional avatar wardens and leaders was a good thing. In hind sight, I regret my vote since I think we should have had them come back as 2 or 3 banana and prove they are liked/trusted as a leader. I have no single negative thought toward that person as I have never even said hi to or been acknowledged by them. It is the process that I object to, not the individual.

I totally disagree with just voting. Shouldn't those that want to run (if anyone) have a vision statement and a campaign. Otherwise, we are just voting a popularity contest!

For example, Magicalsilo offered a very unique option. If he wanted to come forward with that as his campaign, he should be given every right to in a true and open election. If we don't like his idea, we don't vote for him or his idea. Let the votes decide based on his objectives standing on their own merit!

If someone came up with an idea to have rotating schedules, term limits, president elects to assure new trained leaders in the future, or what ever, let them please bring them forward without commentary so we can get new creative thoughts.

24-Jul-2013 03:10:21

1slum1lord2

1slum1lord2

Posts: 211 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Also on votes, will it be based on one vote per unique person or per each paid account of theirs? Tram paid for three members ships, would she be entitled to 3 votes since she would cap all three each week at citadel? Oldgma had two. Bonecrusher has two and who knows who else this impacts.

24-Jul-2013 03:12:57

Quick find code: 75-76-844-64164201 Back to Top