Forums

EyeOnTheSky: A Star Community

Quick find code: 75-76-844-64164201

1slum1lord2

1slum1lord2

Posts: 211 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
We are at a huge crossroad for the future of our clan's destiny . . .

We need to decide if we want this clan to the size it is now or smaller or larger and WHY?

We need to determine if we want to keep it the fun place based no swearing, no sarcasm, no belittling other player or if it will be an open forum and uncensored.

We need to decide if elections are going to be a thing for years to come or is this a one time thing?

We need to know before voting if someones idea will be to create more "Rules" to follow or how they intent to fix things.

All I know is that I will help build either this clan or a new one. I prefer not to start over, but if it takes 6-12 months to rebuild a tier 7 citadel and have a clan I can be proud of, that is what I will do. I know in my vision, the leadership model will be simple: Lead, follow or get out of the way! I would have leadership be an evolving thing, with elections for the top 2-4 people. Preferably with some overlap for continuity. The president of most country's have to run for re-election. If they do a good job, they are retained. Some did a great job and choose not to run again.

I made a mistake on Sunday voting a person in without knowing their background and qualification and intent. I will not cast a blind vote a second time. Nor will I put my name in the hat until I know that only clan members in the past two months (roughly) can vote for or against me!

If Oldgma was to run, could she since she is technically not even a member of the clan? If someone else runs, can they make up their own rules and recruit brand new bronze if they wanted to? If I upset them with my ideals, can they just Kick me if they are the new leader? All the more reasons to have any potential leaders campaign for the job so we all know what we may be getting. Maybe we will decide to do nothing. After all - this is still Ree's clan.

This is just a game - regardless of what happens, I hope you have fun!

24-Jul-2013 03:41:24

Rincantation

Rincantation

Posts: 114 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
What is a clan? Is it a group of friends who hang out together and hunt stars, among other things? Or is it only that group of people who together have a citadel? To me, it is the former. To a number of you, it is only the latter. This is clearly something that Eots is going to have to decide moving forward.

As you may or may not know, I have only been back on runescape for about a week after about a year off. I had gotten burned out. It is because of this absence, NOT because I am not a member of the clan clan, that I do not expect to have any voice in Eots' future directions. Regardless, I wanted to give my perspective on all this. Because this is, in my opinion, a key issue to decide.

For those of you who do not know me, I was one of the founding members of the Eots friends chat when we split from Stars4Fun. Perhaps it's because of this that I think of the clan in terms of the friends chat. I am also a fand also when we created the clan clan when it first came out. I was involved when we first started building the citadel, and I remember how frustrating it was trying to get enough resources, and how exciting it was when we managed to get the first few tiers built.

Yes, I did choose some months later to join another clan clan. I had met another awesome group of people who only used clan chat, and since Eots mainly used friends chat, I thought it would be ideal to combine both. I was very sorry to not be able to contribute to the Eots citadel any more, and I applaud all of you for the fantastic progress you've made since! Particularly the dragon! I did not see (and still don't) how not belonging to the clan clan made me unable to act as a silver star.

(continued)

24-Jul-2013 04:27:47

Rincantation

Rincantation

Posts: 114 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
When I came back to RS, it was great to see everyone again, and I was happy to catch up with my friends in Eots. My rank had been changed to a smiley, and I thought that was fairly ideal. I still know endless amounts of star trivia and all the non-Wildy spots. I did not ask for my silver star back, and was surprised to log in and see that it had been restored. My initial reaction was to question whether I actually wanted the responsibility.

And yet, when people started questioning whether someone could be a star rank without being in the clan clan, I was taken aback. If that's where Eots decides to go for the future, that's fine with me. But it needs to be an actual decision made by the group.

I wish you all the best of the luck in the coming months, and I hope Eots can find awesome leadership, and a wonderful future!

24-Jul-2013 04:33:13

Zodiac Rose

Zodiac Rose

Posts: 204 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
-Hugs to Ringineer-
Welcome back to runescape!

I wish to also input something I figured I should input. If anyone wishes to talk to me without private messaging (because you don't believe in it or not) me please feel free to log onto my fc which happens to have my log in name to enter. But I warn you it will include all my friends into it. I only ask for no drama when you enter. I have enough of it at work. I'll most likely be half paying attention as I continue to stab my fingers with embroidery needles for a project i'm working on. I love you all!

Your Humble Servant
Z.R.

24-Jul-2013 04:48:36

1slum1lord2

1slum1lord2

It is official - 1Slum1lord2 is running for leadership of EOTS!

I will type up my campaign objectives, plans, goals and leadership objectives and post them in roughly 12 hours. I hope I have your support!

Feel free to PM me with any questions comments or concerns!

Let's make this clan one we are all proud of!

24-Jul-2013 04:56:25

Sylvanna Ree
Aug Member 2009

Sylvanna Ree

Posts: 466 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Slum, I wish you will double my success in your new endeavors. We cannot see eye to eye on this and that's a tragedy, and I was willing to offer you my shoes.

But I will not let you bully me. I will not let you turn us into a company.

We want to have fun here!

I apologize for even considering offering myself up to you and your faction. That's a disservice to the entire clan.

EOTS AND PROUD!

24-Jul-2013 05:09:19

1slum1lord2

1slum1lord2

How was I bullying you by asking in forums for the rules of engagement? I didn't even know if I wanted to run for leadership until you forced my hand. When I accepted, you kicked me!

So much for letting the clan decide their direction!

Thanks for wishing me double your success - it has been a good year and a half run with my friends at EOTS.

24-Jul-2013 05:18:54

Quick find code: 75-76-844-64164201 Back to Top