Forums

Kags POP Encyclopedia V6

Quick find code: 75-76-639-66118461

Scouter Jw
Jan Member 2021

Scouter Jw

Posts: 115 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Kags,

Not sure how to reply (it's been a while since I've been on forums!) ... the 'log off/log on' trick fixed my problem with voyages, thanks!

In the meantime, I'm a bit confused with the Memory's 2nd clue voyage (emphasizing those to get the final memory clue (Life Without Regrets/wiping a trait).

I have all 4 map tables, but the clue didn't point to any of the destinations the Memory had as options (so I picked one at random). Note, I only had one clue voyage today, so I don't think that was the issue. She was focusing on the Hook region (and all four options were for Hook destinations).

The voyage was successful (well, from a 100% success perspective) and the dialog that popped up was "The Memory remembered that The Island of Regret lies in the Bowl Region"

So was the voyage successful, and next will be her 3rd clue voyage?

Of course I'll know the next time she appears and brings a clue voyage (the same [2nd] or it progresses to the 3rd).

Thanks again for the guide and support!

03-Feb-2021 15:55:08

Kags
Nov Member 2017

Kags

Posts: 20,299 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Scouter Jw said :
Kags,

Not sure how to reply (it's been a while since I've been on forums!) ... the 'log off/log on' trick fixed my problem with voyages, thanks!

In the meantime, I'm a bit confused with the Memory's 2nd clue voyage (emphasizing those to get the final memory clue (Life Without Regrets/wiping a trait).

I have all 4 map tables, but the clue didn't point to any of the destinations the Memory had as options (so I picked one at random). Note, I only had one clue voyage today, so I don't think that was the issue. She was focusing on the Hook region (and all four options were for Hook destinations).

The voyage was successful (well, from a 100% success perspective) and the dialog that popped up was "The Memory remembered that The Island of Regret lies in the Bowl Region"

So was the voyage successful, and next will be her 3rd clue voyage?

Of course I'll know the next time she appears and brings a clue voyage (the same [2nd] or it progresses to the 3rd).

Thanks again for the guide and support!

Hey, the Memory clue voyage should have progressed to the 3rd voyage, since "The Memory remembered that The Island of Regret lies in the Bowl Region".

~Portmaster Kags
Kags Player Owned Ports (POP) Encyclopedia V6
HLF V5

03-Feb-2021 23:47:49

Scouter Jw
Jan Member 2021

Scouter Jw

The map table clues (note, I have all four built) continue to baffle me - maybe I'm just not getting it.

I had the 3rd Memory clue voyage, and the map hint seemed to have nothing to do with any of the destinations available ... so I guessed one and got it wrong - the voyage was successful in that I had a 100% chance of success but the outcome failed.

Of note, the 2nd voyage I posted about earlier in the thread I likely just guessed correctly among the four choices.

So are the map table clues meant to be cryptic, and you have to research the connection between the clue and one of the four voyage destinations to make the correct choice?

08-Feb-2021 14:57:05

Kags
Nov Member 2017

Kags

Scouter Jw said :
The map table clues (note, I have all four built) continue to baffle me - maybe I'm just not getting it.

I had the 3rd Memory clue voyage, and the map hint seemed to have nothing to do with any of the destinations available ... so I guessed one and got it wrong - the voyage was successful in that I had a 100% chance of success but the outcome failed.

Of note, the 2nd voyage I posted about earlier in the thread I likely just guessed correctly among the four choices.

So are the map table clues meant to be cryptic, and you have to research the connection between the clue and one of the four voyage destinations to make the correct choice?

No, its not meant to be cryptic or mysterious - the map table straight up gives you the correct destination.

Next time you get a clue voyage, take a picture of the Map Tables' clue/hint. Also take a picture of the 3 or 4 voyage destinations you get. Post it here.

Also, besides Memory, what other adventurer was present at the port? A clue voyage-eligible adventurer?
HLF V5

08-Feb-2021 20:09:34 - Last edited on 08-Feb-2021 20:10:27 by Kags

Scouter Jw
Jan Member 2021

Scouter Jw

Kags,

I think I figured it out ... today I have two visitors, The Chef and the Tengo. As to special voyages, I have the first Chef clue voyage and several non-clue Tengo voyages. But experimenting, I see that it's possible to 'clue focus' the Tengo, even though he has no clue voyages today (I haven't done any clue voyages with him yet). The Map Table clue fits perfectly with the Tengo's 'clue focus' options and *not* with the Chef's (with whom I actually have the actual clue voyage). I suspect the map table gives a clue corresponding to visitors irrespective of whether or not you have a clue voyage with that visitor.

So ... it would seem then that I should collect clues every day (regardless of whether or not I have a clue voyage) and gather up 'next focuses' for whenever I do have a clue voyage ...

10-Feb-2021 00:21:49

Kags
Nov Member 2017

Kags

Scouter Jw said :
Kags,

I think I figured it out ... today I have two visitors, The Chef and the Tengu. As to special voyages, I have the first Chef clue voyage and several non-clue Tengu voyages. But experimenting, I see that it's possible to 'clue focus' the Tengu, even though he has no clue voyages today (I haven't done any clue voyages with him yet). The Map Table clue fits perfectly with the Tengu's 'clue focus' options and *not* with the Chef's (with whom I actually have the actual clue voyage). I suspect the map table gives a clue corresponding to visitors irrespective of whether or not you have a clue voyage with that visitor.

So ... it would seem then that I should collect clues every day (regardless of whether or not I have a clue voyage) and gather up 'next focuses' for whenever I do have a clue voyage ...

Yes, check your Map Tables every single day and write down the correct islands for every adventurer that's clue-voyage eligible.

Keep the notes somewhere so you can refer to it as needed.

~Portmaster Kags :)
HLF V5

10-Feb-2021 01:07:12 - Last edited on 24-Dec-2022 20:37:07 by Kags

Quick find code: 75-76-639-66118461 Back to Top