Forums

Kags POP Encyclopedia V6

Quick find code: 75-76-639-66118461

Kags
Nov Member 2017

Kags

Posts: 20,299 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Snowmister said :
Hello! I have completed all pre-trio mission storylines and have traveled over 1.5 million miles with a portscore of 2916. I have never received a random event. Is there something you can do you unlock random events? Thank you!!

Have you read sections 16-20? You normally get the 1 random event every single day if you keep all 4 ships sailing 24/7.

Go talk to the 3 NPCs, the Seasinger, Barmaid, and Black Marketeer. When in doubt about random events, go talk to all 3 NPCs once each day.

~Portmaster Kags
Kags Player Owned Ports (POP) Encyclopedia V6
HLF V5

04-Jun-2020 16:28:47

Moon Man

Moon Man

Posts: 3,536 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I have a question about making shark soups. I have a lot of oils, bowls and salts. Just need bamboo bundles and sliced mushrooms now.

So far, I'm just hopping larges and clearing out any golden bamboo and mushroom clusters I find. Is it better to hop mediums, because larges cost quite a lot of supplies? Or should I be chopping normal bamboo on Waiko and picking normal mushrooms over at Goshima and the other island. I'm fine with spending a little more time getting the resources if it means I save supplies

20-Jun-2020 23:39:50

Kags
Nov Member 2017

Kags

Moon Man said :
I have a question about making shark soups. I have a lot of oils, bowls and salts. Just need bamboo bundles and sliced mushrooms now.

So far, I'm just hopping larges and clearing out any golden bamboo and mushroom clusters I find. Is it better to hop mediums, because larges cost quite a lot of supplies? Or should I be chopping normal bamboo on Waiko and picking normal mushrooms over at Goshima and the other island. I'm fine with spending a little more time getting the resources if it means I save supplies

I would stick to clearing larges if you have the supplies. Loot all the dropped stuff (red dots) on the isle. Cook Shark Soup with Portable Range and wearing Modified Sous Chef's Toque for 10% chance of doubling the soup. Sell it on Waiko for chimes to buy more supplies.

Chopping normal bamboo on Waiko and picking normal mushrooms on Goshima takes up alot more time and sacrifices alot of XP/hr as well.

DailyScape Travelling Merchant sells 1 Uncharted Island Map (Green) every single day, and that leads to an island with 4-6 Special Resources. Try to flag one with 2-3 Golden Bamboo and 2-3 Mushroom Clusters if possible. Then visit it everyday. 5 minute AFKs easy. Be sure to do the DailyScape Arc Contracts for extra XP (add whistles to your Arc Journal so you don't have to visit Waiko to turn in contracts).

Do NOT have Furnace perk on your Arc skilling tools.

Next to Rosie (supplies seller) on Waiko is a crate that adds 5 free supplies everyday, max storage of 50.

Any time you get an Uncharted Island Map (Blue) from skilling or combat, use it ASAP, since you can only have one free blue map at any time.

~Portmaster Kags
HLF V5

23-Jun-2020 00:54:56 - Last edited on 23-Jun-2020 00:56:14 by Kags

Micha Rune
Sep Member 2018

Micha Rune

Posts: 350 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
So I've been doing Ports on and off for a while, never having heard of this guide, just been looking at the wiki a bit and figuring it out. I was doing it very inconsistently for a longish time because it felt like I was just stuck in the previous region and didn't feel like I was making progress, but then picked it up more seriously lately once I hit the jade region. Right now I have 3 captains that I use, I think they're the 2500 chime ones, one each in the three stats, 4 of each single-stat crew, 3 JoD, 3 Jade Merchants, a feral chimera left over since it's still the best crewmember for M+C voyages in terms of total stat points (and because I figure rallying cry is nice), ~3 sea witches left over from the previous region for the same reason, and a few jade golems. What I don't understand is why you say golems are "USELESS" and never to buy them - I've been replacing the previous golems with new ones each region, and they're consistently better for M+C or 3-stat voyages. The total number of stat points is always better than any of the same-tier single-stat crewmembers, and I balance it out with the ship parts.

31-Jul-2020 10:43:59

Kags
Nov Member 2017

Kags

Micha Rune said :
So I've been doing Ports on and off for a while, never having heard of this guide, just been looking at the wiki a bit and figuring it out. I was doing it very inconsistently for a longish time because it felt like I was just stuck in the previous region and didn't feel like I was making progress, but then picked it up more seriously lately once I hit the jade region. Right now I have 3 captains that I use, I think they're the 2500 chime ones, one each in the three stats, 4 of each single-stat crew, 3 JoD, 3 Jade Merchants, a feral chimera left over since it's still the best crewmember for M+C voyages in terms of total stat points (and because I figure rallying cry is nice), ~3 sea witches left over from the previous region for the same reason, and a few jade golems. What I don't understand is why you say golems are "USELESS" and never to buy them - I've been replacing the previous golems with new ones each region, and they're consistently better for M+C or 3-stat voyages. The total number of stat points is always better than any of the same-tier single-stat crew members, and I balance it out with the ship parts.

In the earlier regions (Arc through Bowl), golems are indeed consistently better for M+C voyages.

However, they dramatically cost more in resources. They are also suicidal (Staunch trait). When you have a high level golem sacrifice its life for a newer recruit in the same region, you just lost both a lot of resources (relatively) and the crew XP/level already on the golem.

As for Azure Golem in the Shield region... yea that's the most useless golem of them all. The M+C is weaker than basic crew, it costs too much Azure, and the Staunch trait is useless since you should/soon have lifeboats on all ships.

~Portmaster Kags
HLF V5

01-Aug-2020 20:48:23

Quick find code: 75-76-639-66118461 Back to Top