Forums

Wilderness ruined.

Quick find code: 74-75-792-66263623

PvPMatter
Apr Member 2023

PvPMatter

Posts: 171 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I agree, the Wilderness was something incredibly special, just because Jagex doesn't know how to make magic happen doesn't mean the content and concept of PVP should be dead.

It literally seems like the company that bought Jagex thinks RuneScape was complete rubbish and wants to literally just delete everything.

~~ DO SOMETHING GOOD FOR THE PLAYERS JAGEX.
Be nice and help people
........ * No sarcasm towards this action please. * :P IGN:
ShallPrevail

My threads
- Quick find codes: 185-186-847-66247999 **OR** 278-279-672-66248231

06-Aug-2022 04:31:33 - Last edited on 06-Aug-2022 04:34:44 by PvPMatter

Dkrypt
Dec Member 2015

Dkrypt

Posts: 17 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I have a wilderness suggestion on the suggestions thread, why not check it out and give me some feedback on the ideas, IT EVEN MESHES WITH THE UPDATE VERY WELL

Quick find code: 185-186-794-66259525

06-Aug-2022 14:16:50

Dadizar
Oct Member 2005

Dadizar

Posts: 5,902 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Original message details are unavailable.
This is the single worst update in runescape history. R.I.P Runescape I quit unless forced pvp is returned to the wilderness. Every achievement, clue scroll, post quest and lore content and anything available as content in the wilderness while in a dangerous pvp area is now worthless. The competition level of the game is no longer worth it to me. My entire purpose on this game was to complete all content so I could spend 100% of my time in the wilderness killing anyone near me, or possibly fighting and maybe even dying to those that fight back. This game is officially dead to me despite that I have played since it's inception and, now a man in my mid 30's this is the only game I play at all. I permanently retire from video games now as the only video game worth playing for me is now purposeless.

I know that I am definitely the minority in this because the game is now full of a bunch of whiney little babies that demand pvp free access to the area. If the wilderness can't return to forced pvp, then I hope that Runescape as a game finally dies and the servers are permanently shut down. Good luck to all you pathetic little babies and your sense of entitlement and demand to destroy the only thing left that pvp players had to enjoy in the game.

I know you will call me a griefer, for the record that makes you incompetent. It was impossible to be 'griefed' in a clearly labeled player killing zone, as being that it was a clearly labeled zone intended for killing people.
I think the whine and incompetence is strong within this one.

Imagine PvP with someone who wants to PvP and is equipped! Shockingly unfair!!

Nice attempt at trolling.
§¤*
What love we've given, we'll have forever. What love we fail to give, will be lost for all eternity. - Leo Buscaglia
»¤§

06-Aug-2022 15:20:35

Smasherley
Jul Member 2007

Smasherley

Posts: 2,090 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Why would you want to kill a skiller at the agility course, by the way?

Because it's the wilderness. It's meant for pking. If you go unprepared for a fight you go prepared to die.
Like it or not, but that's the rules of the wilderness... well, it used to be.

And those rules changed before 2011 and the revs were everywhere

The vast majority cared about free trade not PVP but there was no choice to say no for the wildy return.

This is 11.5 years in the making, correcting and reversing a wrong decision to include the pvp return alongside unlimited trade.

Pretending PVP wildy has ever been wanted LOL.. I am on hand to show otherwise.

13-Aug-2022 01:05:03

Ghosttalon
Oct Member 2020

Ghosttalon

Posts: 6,594 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I think there's a lot of unfair castigation and gloating going on. For those who understood the mechanics and risk involved, there will now be again something missing in trying to do a clue etc. and knowing you won't have a pk'er come hunting. For some, that's a relief and I understand that. For others, well, there's a little bit of the thrill and pride gone of either turning the tables on them or at least being able to escape.

That said, the PvP landscape and attitudes definitely did change over the years. And whether they get it or not, the excessive purposeful griefing they engaged in is a big part of their downfall. The upside of this update is that it does ensure (actually forces) people who want PvP to purposively engage others that are equipped and ready for the same. That's not bad.

I am very much not a fan of the cookie-cutter "PvE" and "threat" mechanics now though. These were done as a "danger easy button", not well-thought-out additions to the feel of the area and it's use. I haven't come to expect much better from Jagex these days on this front however.

I'm going to be blunt. After months away from the game, I came back to a drastically changed wilderness today that I find to be half-assed. Initial impressions are not favorable.

02-Oct-2022 21:39:20

Weatherwax

Weatherwax

Posts: 2,213 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I started playing again in September due to the free 7 days through Prime Gaming and then I paid for one month after that expired. I don't know if I'm going to stick around but this is best news I've read on here. I was sick of going into the Wilderness and being griefed by "pkers" when I was trying to finish a clue scroll or train a skill. I only seemed to be killed by players who had the advantage and were there to kill other players who weren't there for a fight, like those rc pkers killing someone for a glory amulet back in the day, just so they could feel self-gratification.

03-Oct-2022 10:47:52

Ghosttalon
Oct Member 2020

Ghosttalon

Posts: 6,594 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
@Weatherwax, Now you can enjoy being piled on/griefed by mobs or the new PvE 'mechanics' 100% of the time out there.

As someone who was out there regularly in the past, I found reward much greater because the probability of a pk run-in was low. It happened, and mostly I was prepared, but sometimes I lost or didn't get away.

Now it's not really dangerous, just annoying, and I'm constantly having whatever activity I'm out there for interrupted.

In the three days I've been back after months away from the game, I've spent a fair bit of time wandering out there.

It's still dead. I've seen one other person who entered the mage bank and teleported out from there -- whatever they had been doing, they weren't staying to "enjoy". Maybe they had just been to the bloodwood tree and so weren't going to stay long anyway, idk.

04-Oct-2022 10:37:10

KingStannis5

KingStannis5

Posts: 3,910 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
the indignace over pking is kind of weird. I get being annoyed at senseless kills which inconvience you when you have nthing on you but claiming some moral high ground about being pked when you dont want to be whist in an explictly designed pvp area using mechanics like demonic skull which are explicitly designed with making you a pk target in mind, going in areas explicitly designed to create a dynamic where the more you bring to pvm the more you can lose, is frankly bizzarre. If you would rather not have unwanted pvp in the game then thats one thing but being outraged that some pvpers play content specifically as designed is kinda ludicrous. to cast it in moral terms; bordering on deranged.

pvmers and effiency maxers, just take your W really. pvp in rs3 is pretty interesting mechanically and the small community just lost some very traditional forms of it with no upside to it. it's ok for them to be upset

13-Oct-2022 00:12:48

Quick find code: 74-75-792-66263623 Back to Top