Forums

Wilderness ruined.

Quick find code: 74-75-792-66263623

Thunder Jinx
Feb Member 2010

Thunder Jinx

Posts: 15,906 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Original message details are unavailable.
Why would you want to kill a skiller at the agility course, by the way?

Because it's the wilderness. It's meant for pking. If you go unprepared for a fight you go prepared to die.
Like it or not, but that's the rules of the wilderness... well, it used to be.
Darkness rises when silence dies.

03-Aug-2022 06:42:06

Mouse1711
Nov Member 2018

Mouse1711

Posts: 44 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
surely you should prefer wildy now. Now you can PVP with others who are also in wild for same reason so now you have your challenge of fighting someone who is also geared up for the same activity instead of picking on skillers who are not geared for combat

03-Aug-2022 15:10:27

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,176 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
pvpers have moved on to red and white portal. Despite jagex denying skull tricking can be done with the new wildy, I'm sure it's still around.

Jagex made it clear they have found no problems and nobody actually came forward and reported such bugs. If you are sure skull tricking can be done and please use the account YOU experienced that bug to correct them:

https://www.reddit.com/r/runescape/comments/wecam6/money_drop_and_skull_trick_update/

03-Aug-2022 15:14:19 - Last edited on 03-Aug-2022 15:14:39 by Dilbert2001

Reaper Ghost
Jul Member 2021

Reaper Ghost

Posts: 672 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
This is the single worst update in runescape history. R.I.P Runescape I quit unless forced pvp is returned to the wilderness. Death is not the opposite of life, but in fact a part of it.

May Guthix bring you balance.

04-Aug-2022 00:25:33 - Last edited on 04-Aug-2022 02:46:54 by Reaper Ghost

Pachuli714
Mar Member 2008

Pachuli714

Posts: 4,549 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
This is the single worst update in runescape history. R.I.P Runescape I quit unless forced pvp is returned to the wilderness. Every achievement, clue scroll, post quest and lore content and anything available as content in the wilderness while in a dangerous pvp area is now worthless. The competition level of the game is no longer worth it to me. My entire purpose on this game was to complete all content so I could spend 100% of my time in the wilderness killing anyone near me, or possibly fighting and maybe even dying to those that fight back. This game is officially dead to me despite that I have played since it's inception and, now a man in my mid 30's this is the only game I play at all. I permanently retire from video games now as the only video game worth playing for me is now purposeless.

I know that I am definitely the minority in this because the game is now full of a bunch of whiney little babies that demand pvp free access to the area. If the wilderness can't return to forced pvp, then I hope that Runescape as a game finally dies and the servers are permanently shut down. Good luck to all you pathetic little babies and your sense of entitlement and demand to destroy the only thing left that pvp players had to enjoy in the game.

I know you will call me a griefer, for the record that makes you incompetent. It was impossible to be 'griefed' in a clearly labeled player killing zone, as being that it was a clearly labeled zone intended for killing people.

Way to cut 'n' paste the same reply to multiple threads about Wildy. I won't bother doing the same though. RIP griefing. Poor, poor you.

04-Aug-2022 01:59:31

Abby Taylor
Nov Member 2019

Abby Taylor

Posts: 2,206 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
This is the single worst update in runescape history. R.I.P Runescape I quit unless forced pvp is returned to the wilderness.

I'm pretty sure the single worst update in Runescape history was actually the Evolution of Combat.
Which caused the game to literally bleed subscribers since it's release, and the wound has never been fully closed after a decade.

All the other "bad" or controversial updates over the years, pale in comparison to the damage EOC did to the games player base and reputation.
Runescape was the #1 free to play mmorpg in the world for YEARS consecutively, and now it's a shadow, nobody talks about it, and gen Z people don't even know it exists.

The wilderness change today will hardly change the games player base at all. But i appreciate it, and love the new opt-in pvp. I really dislike pvp in games, and have little respect for pkers who target skillers and questers, it's despicable if you ask me.
200m Woodcutting: 08/08/2021

Completionist: 09/10/2021

04-Aug-2022 03:20:52

Killashandra
Dec Member 2005

Killashandra

Posts: 1,345 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
It's weird how all the pvpers are complaining about this. Surely this update is perfect for them? They'll all go into the wilderness with pvp enabled and so will be able to find each other and kill each other to their heart's content.

Unless, of course, the only thing they really wanted to do was kill unharmed penguin hunters/skillers so that they risked nothing and gained the kills?

I've seen a couple of post explaining how pvpers are really just doing what they should do in the wildy and it's everyone else who is wrong but the majority of players don't want to pvp so they should respect that and just kill the players who WANT to pvp.

05-Aug-2022 08:40:01 - Last edited on 05-Aug-2022 08:40:25 by Killashandra

Quick find code: 74-75-792-66263623 Back to Top