Forums

Possible new Forum rules

Quick find code: 55-56-694-65767796

Mod Kalaya

Mod Kalaya

Jagex Moderator Forum Profile Posts by user
Hey guys,

We're considering adding some bits to the specific rules for this forum, and are looking for your feedback before going ahead!

Specifically, we're targeting who can recreate a forum game after it has maxed it's post count. On this we have three typical scenarios/guidelines:

Original message details are unavailable.

1. Current owner lists who has permission to remake the thread:
Those listed can re-make it. If those listed are inactive, default to point 3.

2. Current owner has listed no one and has been active in forum games:
The thread owner should be given two weeks to recreate the game thread. If someone remakes the thread immediately, this new thread will be locked.
After two weeks if the thread has not been recreated, anyone can remake it and the first thread is the one that is used.

3: Current owner has listed no one and has not been active in forum games (or on the forums):
Thread can be recreated immediately, with a stipulation that the previous owner can reclaim the thread within the first two weeks if they wish.

ACTIVE is defined as having posted on the forums within the last 6 months

Let us know if you have any feedback on those 3 points. If the feedback is good, I'll get them added within the next couple of weeks.

In addition, if you believe there are any points that should be added to the FSR for forum games, please leave a suggestion on this thread and I'll take a look :)

Thanks!
Mod Kalaya |
Zarosian
Product Manager | @JagexKalaya

21-Mar-2016 11:12:47 - Last edited on 21-Mar-2016 11:15:22 by Mod Kalaya

Nosword

Nosword

Posts: 49,796 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mod Kalaya said :

ACTIVE is defined as having posted on the forums within the last 6 months

that isnt very active imo. id say 1 month or maybe 2

some people are having issues that if you bump a thread after page 5 it gets locked for necro-bumping, and if you recreate a thread thats past page 5 it gets locked because the last thread isnt maxed out
Old School

21-Mar-2016 13:24:56

Iceberg
Sep Member 2008

Iceberg

Posts: 20,587 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I think this opportunity could also be a good time to add some info about gravebumping within this section too. Though it is a rule enforced across the entirety of the boards I feel that it's a more common occurrence here, though often done unintentionally.

Any chance that this could be looked into as well? Given the fact that bumping an old forum game isn't really pushing useful threads away unless it's clear that there's no interest within the current community to play certain games.
… .
_|¯¯¯|_

… …
( '
v
' )
.……
I
C
E
B
E
R
G

>--
(
:
)
--<

21-Mar-2016 13:34:37

The contents of this message have been hidden.

21-Mar-2016 13:38:28

Iceberg
Sep Member 2008

Iceberg

Posts: 20,587 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Nosword said :
some people are having issues that if you bump a thread after page 5 it gets locked for necro-bumping, and if you recreate a thread thats past page 5 it gets locked because the last thread isnt maxed out

I've seen this mentioned a fair bit in recent times. I'd advocate for clarity on this one from JMods.
… .
_|¯¯¯|_

… …
( '
v
' )
.……
I
C
E
B
E
R
G

>--
(
:
)
--<

21-Mar-2016 13:39:02

Lady Deluxe

Lady Deluxe

Posts: 44,440 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
If you are going to talk abut grave bumping threads - yes a lot get locked, but often the ones that don't are personal friends or a favourite game of moderator... This is often seen in these forums.

There is one game still going which is a spam game, it's only going because of who the owner is - other threads similar to this game have been locked...

This is sad moderation, but it is ripe...

21-Mar-2016 13:46:09

Mod Kalaya

Mod Kalaya

Jagex Moderator Forum Profile Posts by user
Lady - Let's stick to this topic please. Leading it astray is not going to help anything.

I'm definitely up for discussing gravebumping for the forum games forum. What would you think is reasonable?
Mod Kalaya |
Zarosian
Product Manager | @JagexKalaya

21-Mar-2016 13:48:01 - Last edited on 21-Mar-2016 13:49:07 by Mod Kalaya

obendigo
Feb Member 2006

obendigo

Posts: 4,090 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Iceberg said :
I think this opportunity could also be a good time to add some info about gravebumping within this section too. Though it is a rule enforced across the entirety of the boards I feel that it's a more common occurrence here, though often done unintentionally.

Any chance that this could be looked into as well? Given the fact that bumping an old forum game isn't really pushing useful threads away unless it's clear that there's no interest within the current community to play certain games.

Took the words right out my mouth lol. And the whole active is post within last 6 months, that just seems a little long. Perhaps a smaller limit of say 3 months?
,°ˆˆ°¸ `'¸ ,°ˆˆ°¸
. { obendigo ·¸
. `- „¸¸`,.' ,¸¸, From the Shadows we rise. The OG Black Knight.

21-Mar-2016 13:48:12

Quick find code: 55-56-694-65767796 Back to Top