Forums

Possible new Forum rules

Quick find code: 55-56-694-65767796

Jaberwockish

Jaberwockish

Posts: 840 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Amazonkaty said :
Lady Deluxe said :
I think the new rules are quiet simple if a player has not recreated a thread within the two week period, another player can recreate it...

Maybe this can be the case for all threads no matter how active a player is or isn't - all threads can be recreated only after a two week period and that eliminates any confussion - one rule for all...

I disagree in that if a thread states only certain people remake it or there is a written consent...nobody except them remake it regardless the OP activity out of respect.
Unless as stated in the proposed rule change listed remakers are inactive.
Yes I agree, but if they don't make it, then it is open to all players...

But the owner should have two weeks to recreate before anyone else has that option too.

21-Mar-2016 15:06:39

Amazonkaty
Aug Member 2006

Amazonkaty

Posts: 17,938 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
If both the OP and the listed remakers have not made it/are inactive then yes, but as i pointed out in my feedback sometimes OP and maybe the listed players with remaker rights go on a holiday/vacation/take time off to study.

I think a month for those particular threads in that situation is better. If they have listed remakers already implemented on the OP.
'Every revolution begins with a spark'

The Journey of a Veteran Noob

21-Mar-2016 15:14:27 - Last edited on 21-Mar-2016 15:19:02 by Amazonkaty

obendigo
Feb Member 2006

obendigo

Posts: 4,090 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
On a side note, could we also make a centralized thread just for those "Siggy Galleries" to get rid of that spam?
,°ˆˆ°¸ `'¸ ,°ˆˆ°¸
. { obendigo ·¸
. `- „¸¸`,.' ,¸¸, From the Shadows we rise. The OG Black Knight.

22-Mar-2016 02:50:41

Very afkable
Jun Member 2012

Very afkable

Posts: 14,203 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
My insight on these new rules:

1): Rules 1-3:

This brings me back to when I created a thread because none of the previous owners had been active and I was unable to contact them. These rules are reasonable. There was never a "defined" time limit nor were there any guidelines for someone to recreate a new thread until now. :)

2): Gravebumping- lower to 3 months:

This seems to be more reasonable than 6 months. :)

3): Rules 1-3 & Gravebumping:

Clarification: What if Player B created a thread that is not maxed and hasn't had activity in months? Would Player A be allowed to create a new thread without fearing that it would be locked? I would assume yes, but I'd rather be certain.

4): Definition of active:

I think that 6 months is too long of a duration to be considered "active". Perhaps the time interval should be shortened significantly, perhaps to at least one post a month in Forum Games considering that most players don't use the forums too often, let alone Forum Games.

Thanks Mod Kalaya for the suggested new rules! :) Overall, I like the suggestions, but they just need a bit of clarification and small changes. :)

22-Mar-2016 06:52:49

Iceberg
Sep Member 2008

Iceberg

Posts: 20,587 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mod Kalaya said :
I'm definitely up for discussing gravebumping for the forum games forum. What would you think is reasonable?

I'd very much be an advocate for giving threads a second chance in regards to gravebumping. In an ideal situation I see something like:

-- If a thread hasn't been posted on in around six months, any player could remake the thread (whilst requesting the old one to be locked). The player who remakes the thread would be invited to revitalise the game to try and gauge interest within the current community. If it doesn't prove to be successful it'll eventually fall back to page 15-20~ and the process can start again, by which point the community and mindset may have changed a bit. I think that if the original thread author hasn't been to the thread in around 6 months then it's clear that they don't wish to operate it anymore. Threads that haven't been posted on for 6 months would be locked for gravebumping but encourage posters to rethink the game a bit.

-- If a thread hasn't been posted on for less than six months: How often are the posts being made? If there's 3 large gaps together (large gaps being 2 months) so say someone posts on Feb 2016, next post is April 2016 and the one after that is June 2016, it would be clear that the community isn't really interested at the moment.

I think that this way we can keep the current games that the community enjoys on the first page whilst having the ability to slowly re-introduce other old games and finding out if the current community would like to have a go at it again.

Maybe we should be encouraged as a community to gauge interest from other Forum Gamers as to whether they'd like to play an old game or not. Could be done via the chat lounge perhaps? Something like: "Hey guys, would any of you be interested in replaying game xyz again? I think we could introduce a new rule abc to make it more exciting"

Something like that would be ideal in my mind :)
… .
_|¯¯¯|_

… …
( '
v
' )
.……
I
C
E
B
E
R
G

>--
(
:
)
--<

22-Mar-2016 11:29:59 - Last edited on 22-Mar-2016 11:31:16 by Iceberg

sir eos lee

sir eos lee

Posts: 11,942 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
On Gravebumping and new versions:

Would standard procedure then become
1) Player sees a game
2) They look and the game hasn't been active since June 2015 (or longer) but player wants to play it, maybe even revive it
Rather than just playing it, the player creates V2/V3/V10/Vxx?

So
3) Player creates new version of thread
4) Player requests in the community forum section they are now creating new version and point to the now previous version as outdated and have it locked
5) New OP does the standard "V1-Vxx" history lesson and lays out the rules
6) OP now lets the new version into the wild and hopes people post on it

Does this sound about right?

As for gravebumping, I think it does beg the question is it really gravebumping if I bump my own thread?

Also, do we need to let Forum Mods have more authority when it comes to mostly inactive games but the OP keeps bumping them up?
There are a few games that some folks try to get to catch on, but after months and months, the post count is low, and you may see periods of 1-2 (or more) months between posts.
Does this mean that a Forum Mod could give a warning to say "hey, it's a nice idea for a game, but it doesn't seem the community is too interested in it"?
Or would the Forum Mod be able to take a game that is 1-2 years old, but only has say 30 posts, and just lock it?

This is why I kinda suggested earlier just trimming the number of pages in this forum.
You can't gravebump a thread that isn't there.

22-Mar-2016 14:26:00 - Last edited on 22-Mar-2016 14:31:06 by sir eos lee

Quick find code: 55-56-694-65767796 Back to Top