Forums

Possible new Forum rules

Quick find code: 55-56-694-65767796

Breath Mint

Breath Mint

Posts: 29,000 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Thread owner should be able to reclaim their thread at any time, not just within a two week time frame. I don't post a lot, but I have a few threads in this forum. You're telling me if I happened to go inactive for two weeks, my thread maxes, and someone recreates it, that I wouldn't be able to get it back?

30-Mar-2016 18:55:40

Lady Deluxe

Lady Deluxe

Posts: 44,440 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Breath Mint said :
Thread owner should be able to reclaim their thread at any time, not just within a two week time frame. I don't post a lot, but I have a few threads in this forum. You're telling me if I happened to go inactive for two weeks, my thread maxes, and someone recreates it, that I wouldn't be able to get it back?
No, I hope not - that would be very unfair!

It should be kept the same as it is now, wait three or four weeks before recreating another persons thread, this should include people that have been nominated to host a thread by owner. It needs to kept simple and fair for all.

You do know why this thread came about don't you Breath Mint?

30-Mar-2016 21:13:29

Nop Rs

Nop Rs

Posts: 14,357 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I would say if a thread owner put a significant amount of effort/time into a thread then it is perfectly reasonable for them to be able to reclaim it at any time. However, if it is a thread like "Count to X before Y" or "Rate the Z above you" then they should not be able to.

Idk what that line would be though. Five full posts?
OSRS Newb Help Initiative ',
¤-¸
¸.‹ *³ˆ;'°*• .„¸¸¸,.'
ˆ.,¸¸„:‹ "¨,¸¸,.‹´

31-Mar-2016 15:45:57

Breath Mint

Breath Mint

Posts: 29,000 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I have a thread I've put a lot of effort into which has been in this forum for a few years. I would be upset if someone were allowed to take control of it just like that.

I really don't see a need for a rule like this to begin with. It's fine the way it is. The last thing we need are more strict rules to further ruin a forum which is supposed to be for fun.

31-Mar-2016 16:31:29

Igerna
Jan Member 2023

Igerna

Posts: 7,885 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'm fine with the rules, except the last statement:

Mod Kalaya said :

ACTIVE is defined as having posted on the forums within the last 6 months

In my opinion, it should be 1 month.

If any game isn't popular (even if it's original and/or amusing), It should just go to the graveyard or ultimately revived by another player that maybe has a fresh new way of delivering said game (e.g. a new rule, little twist or tweaked format). I believe there's no need to force things and like many have said already...
keeping it simple is the best way.

My first forum game wasn't that succesful and the second one is one step inside the coffin :P nothing happens if they go extinct. At the end, this forum was made to have fun and share some lols in the process. If something isn't funny for the majority of forumers, why keep it?
Leveling +110 all skills and completing stuff here and there

31-Mar-2016 17:39:03

Lady Deluxe

Lady Deluxe

Posts: 44,440 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Breath Mint said :
I have a thread I've put a lot of effort into which has been in this forum for a few years. I would be upset if someone were allowed to take control of it just like that.

I really don't see a need for a rule like this to begin with. It's fine the way it is. The last thing we need are more strict rules to further ruin a forum which is supposed to be for fun.
We all know who runs the roost in here and has Jagex support - look at the opening post...

02-Apr-2016 10:12:41

Mod Kalaya

Mod Kalaya

Jagex Moderator Forum Profile Posts by user
Hey guys,

I've added the first post's changes to the FSR's, with the 6 months changed to 3 months.

In terms of gravebumping, I don't see that it's an easy call - different ideas are being thrown around without one that seems like it would work well. I'll keep an eye out for any ideas that might work out well, but for now I'm not adding anything to the FSR's.

Thanks,
Mod Kalaya |
Zarosian
Product Manager | @JagexKalaya

04-Apr-2016 16:24:16

Quick find code: 55-56-694-65767796 Back to Top