Forums

Kingdom of Asgarnia

Quick find code: 49-50-868-66089335

Riniya

Riniya

Posts: 662 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Aranel waited for Garrett to answer her but he seemed like he was thinking about it. A noise came clambering up behind the group and Aranel spun around, pulling her bow off her back at the same time. She armed it and aimed, before she realized that it was one of the dwarves from earlier. She let the arrow fade and sheathed her bow, apologizing.
"Sorry. You can never be too careful out here you know?"
She stuck her gloved hand out to the dwarf.
"Aranel. Aranel Cheyrth. Pleasure to meet you. You helped in the battle didn't you? Thank you."
Aranel contemplated the dwarf's request.
"Sure, you can join us. We are a bit of a strange group, one more person wont hurt!"

(( I have updated the census again. Will everyone double check and make sure the information in the census is correct for your characters? ))
There isn't one.

06-Apr-2019 20:24:30 - Last edited on 06-Apr-2019 20:31:50 by Riniya

George Rozas

George Rozas

Posts: 35,406 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
((Just saying DK, but it seems odd the guards immediately thought he was fleeing the city - rather than, for example, going to visit somewhere. That aside, you seem to be rushing us along quite a lot, maybe tone down on the timeskipping?))

After making their way through the southern gate and getting onto the road, the tension in the air thinned out - something calmer falling over the group now that the possible threat of Falador's false-ruler was lifted. For now, at least.

Garrett's eyes followed the familiar road ahead, a lucky wind blowing through coming from the South that carried the smell of saltwater. Port Sarim may have been a long way off, but even so hints of it could be detected blowing up now and again. The sailor was borught from his thoughts then as Aranel moved up beside him, matching his stride and speaking. He blinked, turnign his head slightly to look at the elf as she conjured and dissipated more spheres of magic in her hand - playing with her power.

He let out a weak laugh, then sighed.

" Well, you did go and catch me off guard by sayin' that, " He replied, running a hand back through his hair - further messing it up, only for the wind to sweep it back to the way it was a second later. " Ain't everyday someone looks at me and is all casually like 'you've got magic, what kind is it'. It brought up some stuff. "

Garrett went silent for a few moments, eyes drifting to the road ahead again - it seemed he was taking point now, which was fine, he knew where he was going.

" You were right though - I've got magic, not the runestone stuff I was sayin' - the real stuff, inherent... But I ain't using it- " That was where he stopped speaking, though it wasn't certain if he was about to elaborate or not as a voice yelled out to them from behind. The sailor stopped, turning to see a dwarf hurrying after them, introducing himself as Joric and asking if he could join their group. Aranel was quick to draw her bow, only to put it away again
I am Inferi.

06-Apr-2019 20:28:41

George Rozas

George Rozas

once it was clear there was no hostility. She gladly accepted the dwarf's company, which Garrett nodded to.

" Good to have ya' Joric, name's Garrett - extra company on the road's always welcome! " He threw in his own greeting with a grin, his somehat somber tone from talking with Aranel gone.
I am Inferi.

06-Apr-2019 20:28:44

NotFishing

NotFishing

Posts: 16,946 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Joric Ironfist

Joric's grin did not fade, yet when Aranel pointed a bow at him his hand had subtly gripped the hilt of his axe. He only released his grip when she put her own weapon away. "Well, ye look a bit shaky. I could almost say that you're a quiver. " Then he looked to Garret, and was about to say something, when he suddenly took notice of the strange mask-wearing man.

"The 'ell are you wearing?"
Beneath the gold, the Bitter Steel.

06-Apr-2019 20:36:42 - Last edited on 06-Apr-2019 20:44:32 by NotFishing

George Rozas

George Rozas

Garrett, having been distracted with his thoughts since they left, had not seen Aureus mask until joric so helpfully pointed it out to him. Looking over at the man in gold, and seeing the unusual mask, the sailor couldn't help but agree with the dwarf.

" ...What are you wearing, fella? "
I am Inferi.

06-Apr-2019 20:40:00

Riniya

Riniya

Aranel turned away from Joric and Garrett as they talked, and began to lead the group again. She heard the two mention something about Aureus' mask but she herself stayed quiet on the oddity of it. She decided to stop creating the balls of light and kept her eyes moving on the immediate surroundings, looking for highwaymen and thieves.

Aranel knew that everyone with her knew of her status as an elf, except for Joric, but seeing as he was non-human as well she felt he might easily accept her. She pulled her hood off her head and let it lay against her back. She also pulled her face cloth off and put it in her hidden cloak pocket. She undid her long braid and her long blonde hair cascaded down her back.

She ran her fingers through her hair as the group walked and shook it out before she started to re-braid her hair.
"I've never been to port Sarim."
There isn't one.

06-Apr-2019 20:48:06 - Last edited on 06-Apr-2019 20:50:45 by Riniya

NotFishing

NotFishing

Joric Ironfist

When Aranel's hood came off, Joric's gaze immediately shifted to her. For a moment, he was surprised. Then, he chuckled. "By Guthix, we're a proper circus now." He winked at Aranel, then looked at Garret. "I don't suppose you can juggle 'ammers or axes, or anything like that?"

06-Apr-2019 20:51:59 - Last edited on 06-Apr-2019 20:55:04 by NotFishing

George Rozas

George Rozas

Garrett couldn't help but feel a touch of confusion when Aranel pulled down her hood and mask, revealing her heritage to them openly - including Joric, who of course had been none the wiser. He shrugged it off though, instead taking a moment to admire the elf's hair since she had taken point while he and the dwarf had been speaking. Joric seemed nonplussed by the reveal, and in his amusement the sailor slid his axe into hand and tossed it up in front of himself, the weapon spinning a couple of times before he caught it again.

" Does it count if I'm only using one? " He joked, chuckling as he put the weapon away again. Aranel's question caught his attention afterwards, and he scratched at his beard idly in thought. He fell into step just behind and to the side of her, presuming Joric would join them at the head since the rest of the group seemed to have fallen quiet for now.

" It's one of the biggest ports on Gielinor, alongside Phasmatys, " He said, another breeze carrying the salty air from the south to reach them. " O'course, it's a whole lot busier than Phasmatys - that port is a literal ghost town! " He chuckled, but he didn't sound like he was making it up. " Sarim has ships coming in an' out all the time, going all across the world - and a whole host of merchants with the strangest things ta' sell. Ships of all shapes an' sizes, no pirates can get within five leagues! "
I am Inferi.

06-Apr-2019 21:06:59

Riniya

Riniya

Aranel finished re-braiding her hair and pulled it over her right shoulder. She looked at Garrett and smiled brightly.
"I've heard of Port Phasmatys, Is it really filled with ghosts?"
Her eyes shined with excitement.
"I've always wanted to see a ghost."
She continued to listen to him in wonder as he explained Port Sarim.
"Maybe we could stop there? Port Sarim, I mean. On the way to the Wizard's tower."
She swept her eyes to their surroundings once more.
"Joric, Why are you heading south? Going anywhere in particular?"
She tilted her head and looked down at him as they walked.
There isn't one.

06-Apr-2019 21:12:20 - Last edited on 06-Apr-2019 21:13:23 by Riniya

NotFishing

NotFishing

Joric Ironfist

"I've been to Ardug... Ardo... Arduff... Arda..." the dwarf let out a sigh of frustration as he hurried up to the head of the group, "...Ardy," he decided upon. "They 'ave a big port there too. Shame about the plague. The Freminnik in Relleka have some decent ports too, but they don't trade with southerners. Great ale, though. And there's Catherby - it's just over White Wolf Mountain, not a bad spot," he scratched his beard. "Mos Le Harmless, that 'as to be almost as big as Port Sarim, but it's full of pirates - they're on the rum , you could say," the dwarf chuckled.

Then he looked to Aranel. "I travel all over," he answered. "Right now I'm 'eading to Draynor, on behalf of my cousin, who was tricked by some conman."

06-Apr-2019 21:22:24

Quick find code: 49-50-868-66089335 Back to Top