Forums

Desdemona's Mercenary Group RP

Quick find code: 49-50-72-66164113

Drahcir Evan

Drahcir Evan

Posts: 8,409 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Desdemona let out a deep sigh as she marched into The Branch and Barrel, foremost pub of her sister Diedre’s winery. The one tending the bar looked up at the chorus of jingling armor and tools, offering a small grin as the fully-equiped woman crossed the room to lean on the bar. No other heads turned up at the sight, since the pub was empty at this early hour – a wonder it was even open. The only one that appeared to be present was the one playing barmaid, who was as beautiful as she was unassuming, dressed humbly in a modest dress.

Contrarily, Desdemona stood out as much as one could. The focal point of her ensemble was often the unusual rune tattooed on the flat of her chest, which was in plain sight thanks to the corset top she wore. Her legs were wrapped in tight trousers, and capped off with thick leather boots. Large pauldrons adorned her shoulders, matching the armor plates that covered most of her arms and a few other parts of her body. Her long silver hair almost sparkled, contrasting the unusual gray pallor of her skin. More notably were an assortment of oddities including elongated fangs, severely pointed ears, and a pair of black horns sprouting from her head. Completing this were wild eyes that appeared to change colors anytime one glanced back at them.

“Dearest Diedre” Desdemona warmly welcomed her twin sister. “The Monday special, please, with extra nightshade. Oh- and add some of that lion blood!”

“Coming right up, Des!” the very human woman replied. “But… You’re going to tell me about those horns, right?” she pried.

The vampire looked upward as if trying to catch a glance of them. “Oh, these? Just something I’m trying out.” she explained.

“Are you sure you can handle another curse right now? I thought you needed to get rid of some first...” Diedre wondered while preparing the drink.

“This one’s really nothing!” Des declared.

“You said that about the last one.”

“There are barely any side-effects – really!”

“You said that too.”

05-Jun-2020 03:58:58

Drahcir Evan

Drahcir Evan

Desdemona sighed. “Look, I just want to find out if it’s useful. I can’t get rid of the others until I find something better!”

“You’ll die a horrible death someday, you know that?” Diedre chided.

“Not if a curse protects me from it.” Desdemona retaliated with a quick grin.

“Tch.” Diedre smiled back, clanking a brass tankard onto the bar. “It’s a good thing our family name can’t be any more disgraced.”

“Sure is.” said Des, quickly swiping the noxious drink and taking a mouthful. “Now then… About this job...”

Diedre’s eyes narrowed as she scanned the room, her gaze finally coming to rest on the unlocked door of the entryway. “The Chicory Wolf Inn across town… know the one?”

“Yes, of course.”

“Maybe you’ve heard that their wine has gotten a lot better lately. Better than ours. I can’t have that.”

“So you want me to sabotage a vineyard because they’ve outdone you?” Desdemona chuckled.

“Yes.” Diedre flashed a smile. “And no. Whatever they’ve done to the wine is getting people hooked. They want more and more – more than ever before. Once they get caught by it, no other wine will do. There’s definitely foul play.”

“Some kind of charm or enchantment as a trick to sell more wine?” Des pondered.

“Probably. I hope it’s no more sinister than that. Either way, it’s disgusting and I want to put a stop to it. The army certainly isn’t doing anything about it.” Diedre grumbled.

Desdemona rolled her wild eyes. “No doubt being paid off.”

“It’s Herman’s district. They’re definitely being paid off.”

“Well, my team should be here in no time… if those good-for-nothing lumps ever wake up!” Des bemoaned.

“Actually, I’ve been here for a while.” a familiar voice wafted in from the corner of the room.

“Gods damn it, Dalton! I told you not to do that to me!” Desdemona roared as her stealthy companion crept into view.

“Oh. I thought you knew I was there.” The one called Dalton replied, now fully visible.

05-Jun-2020 03:59:08 - Last edited on 05-Jun-2020 04:08:52 by Drahcir Evan

Drahcir Evan

Drahcir Evan

Diedre frowned. “I thought I told you not to cast illusions in here.”

Dalton bowed his head. “Deepest apologies, fair Diedre. The chameleon arts are deeply ingrained in my being and-”

“Whatever, dork. Was anyone else up when you left?” Desdemona nonchalantly interrupted.

Dalton kept his head bowed to deliver the news. “Um, most of them were still in the shadow of revelry. I don’t know when they’ll be arriving, Lady Desdemona.”

Desdemona let out a long sigh, followed by a long swig, followed by another sigh. “Good-for-nothing mercs.” she complained again. “Well Diedre, As soon as more of my team arrive, we’ll get right on this Chicory Wolf problem of yours. Who knows, maybe we can find some new recruits here to drag along instead.”

“You really ought to stop your thugs from partying so much.” said Diedre, disappointed.

“No mission could be harder than that one.”

05-Jun-2020 04:02:04 - Last edited on 05-Jun-2020 04:09:41 by Drahcir Evan

Drahcir Evan

Drahcir Evan

Welcome to Desdemona’s Mercenary Group!

Here amidst the capital city of the world’s largest empire, we are a group of mercenaries following the powerful Desdemona. The group takes any odd job that pays well enough, but most especially works alongside The Branch and Barrel wine company for various ends. There are all types of chaotic situations to which mercenaries are the solution. As we gain prestige and crawl deeper into the social web of the empire, we’re sure to encounter more and more nefarious things…

This is a fantasy story, and most things fitting in that genre are welcome. Don’t be afraid to let your imagination run wild. The world is vast and undefined, so we can build it together. You can either start as a member of the mercenary team, or become a new recruit by placing your character in the bar.

05-Jun-2020 04:02:14

Drahcir Evan

Drahcir Evan

CHARACTERS

Player / Name / Gender / Age / Race / Description
Drahcir Evan / Desdemona / Female / 25 / Vampire / Group leader, collector of curses.
Drahcir Evan / Dalton / Male / 20 / Human / Master sniper, major dork.
Drahcir Evan / Danik / Male / 20 / Human / Massive shield-wielding tank.
Scuddlegirl / Kalo / Female / 19 / Goblin / A strong goblin with a massive hammer.
Chipbone / Dionysus / Female / 21 / Amazon / A rowdy woman who can kick through stone.
Chipbone / Seeker / Male / 18 / Elf / A nimble and angry elf with a dark past.
George Rozas / Connor Blackwood / Male / 22 / Human / A drunken martial artist.
Annie1227 / Annie Wells / Female / 15 /
D F Angel / Gideus Jibellus / Male / 53 / Stealthy, teleporting gnome.
Azi Demonic / Rupinasu / Male / 30 / Okami / Curious wolf samurai.
Inferi / Cia Anisi / Female / 18 / Human / Invincible girl.

05-Jun-2020 04:02:31 - Last edited on 07-Jun-2020 00:53:10 by Drahcir Evan

Drahcir Evan

Drahcir Evan

BIO

Name:

Species: (Describe if necessary.)

Abilities: (All powers and abilities, combat and non-combat, that are relevant to mercenary work.)

Weapons:

Appearance:

Background: (Brief description of how your character came to be here in this moment.)

Other:

05-Jun-2020 04:02:36 - Last edited on 05-Jun-2020 04:11:10 by Drahcir Evan

Drahcir Evan

Drahcir Evan

CURRENT SITUATION / LOCATION

The Chicory Wolf Pub, attempting to get information on the suspicious wine being served there. Desdemona and a few team members are inside the building taking the direct approach at trying to get answers out of the owner. Meanwhile, the rest of the team waits outside to make sure they aren't caught in some kind of trap.

The Branch and Barrel pub, our home away from homes. It's a fine morning after a night of revelry. All members of the mercenary group will be waking up to a message instructing them to come here to prepare for the next mission. Desdemona herself will also be on the look out for any potential recruits in the pub, in case enough of her men are too hungover to show up.

05-Jun-2020 04:02:41 - Last edited on 15-Jun-2020 05:17:07 by Drahcir Evan

Drahcir Evan

Drahcir Evan

EVENTS LOG / TIMELINE

Desdemona and the team met up at The Branch and Barrel to prepare for their next mission. They were to investigate a rival wine company that had begun selling suspicious product.

The crew marched to The Chicory Wolf, splitting into two teams to cover the inside and outside of the building as Desdemona sought answers.

05-Jun-2020 04:02:46 - Last edited on 15-Jun-2020 05:18:38 by Drahcir Evan

Quick find code: 49-50-72-66164113 Back to Top