Forums

The Work (community project)

Quick find code: 49-50-704-65268736

Azigarath

Azigarath

Posts: 9,271 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Well, this was a surprise, maybe there is a glimmer of hope for my project after all.

After reading the first post, I can say the setting so far is quite imaginative. The prospect of having to traverse floating islands via rope and bridges is pretty scary, you sure do not want to fall. I also envisioned vines and similar plants growing from island to island.

The two unoriginal aspects are the floating islands and the hidden evil race, but no big deal, this is a project for freedom and development after all.

Ah, Simon’s father fell down into the never-ending abyss. I can see how the inhabitants have to be peaceful, it’d be difficult to fight in such, uh, “terrain.” Gravity does offer a complicated picture to imagine, but it does add to the otherworldly feel already introduced.

The invaders have a big advantage in their conquest, forcing Simon to do his best to deal with the problem.

Overall, your entry has impressive features, and I am glad you posted it. We’ll just have to wait and see what happens. If Seph could submit his own stuff, and perhaps another person to do likewise, we’d be able to get this thread going.

This weekend, I’ll try to add a few events and extra stuff on the front page, to provide a feel as to how the thread functions.

22-Mar-2014 05:02:32

QuestForLove
Feb Member 2021

QuestForLove

Posts: 101 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Azigarath said :
After reading the first post, I can say the setting so far is quite imaginative. The prospect of having to traverse floating islands via rope and bridges is pretty scary, you sure do not want to fall. I also envisioned vines and similar plants growing from island to island.

Yes, I thought of that too. Perhaps there are some 'jungle' islands, with gigantic vines that span across the open air and connect to other islands, forming a huge 'field' of tangled vines.

Azigarath said :
The two unoriginal aspects are the floating islands and the hidden evil race, but no big deal, this is a project for freedom and development after all.

Yeah, I have to agree with you, floating islands and castles are a bit cliché.

Azigarath said :
Ah, Simon’s father fell down into the never-ending abyss. I can see how the inhabitants have to be peaceful, it’d be difficult to fight in such, uh, “terrain.” Gravity does offer a complicated picture to imagine, but it does add to the otherworldly feel already introduced.

My character's father must be pretty stupid to go even near the edge of a island, or maybe he fell into a deposit of quicksand that pulled him down into empty air?

Azigarath said :
Overall, your entry has impressive features, and I am glad you posted it. We’ll just have to wait and see what happens. If Seph could submit his own stuff, and perhaps another person to do likewise, we’d be able to get this thread going.

Thank you! I felt bad that I didn't post my 'story bio' sooner, so I decided to work on overdrive and finish it so this thread sees some action! :P

22-Mar-2014 15:32:21

Azigarath

Azigarath

It was nice to exchange a little feedback. I should be able to add a few things today soon. I also hope we can get this thread rolling.

Hello Level, thanks for stopping by.

Just added the first scenario on the front page, we'll start off simple. I also added the option of inducing RuneScape-related content into work, having forgotten about it earlier.

I'll also make an example using my own work already posted on this thread about the scenario.

I'm still working on it, don't know if it'll be done today.

22-Mar-2014 22:25:10 - Last edited on 23-Mar-2014 00:47:50 by Azigarath

Azigarath

Azigarath

Not a problem, seeing as the forums are comatose anyways. I think I need to work harder myself and add a few more scenarios, too. Free online courses from Coursera and work at the mill have also sapped a lot of my spare time.

22-Apr-2014 18:38:07

Quick find code: 49-50-704-65268736 Back to Top