Forums

The Work (community project)

Quick find code: 49-50-704-65268736

Azigarath

Azigarath

Posts: 9,271 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Oh, I did not expect that. I thought no-one read my stories anymore. I am even rereading through them to fix them up of typos and such. For some reason, I never like my stories, I always have this feeling there's always something wrong with them.

I think I may have to rework the entire thread if it's illegible. It was a rushed idea and does have maybe too much shortcuts. There is one example on page 3 on how to use the thread, but maybe it's not enough.

Thanks for stopping by anyways, maybe more people will do the same, get this thing going. Or if not, then there's nothing else I can do to help this forum.

Oh, and just in case, I also have a few stories in Wattpad, another site you can visit. I have the same username there as here.

05-Feb-2014 01:37:38 - Last edited on 05-Feb-2014 01:49:44 by Azigarath

QuestForLove
Feb Member 2021

QuestForLove

Posts: 101 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I think that the thread is well organized and such, but I just have trouble divining the true purpose of it. ;)

I truly think you're one of the best authors on the forums and i'll probably visit this thread every day.

Thanks for the link, but my true love is the Runescape forums, :P

05-Feb-2014 20:00:21

QuestForLove
Feb Member 2021

QuestForLove

I'm a bit confused, should I write my own short story here along with one of those 'story bios'?

As you can probably detect, I'm considering writing a story. :P

Also, could I write the story on another thread and place a link where it says 'The story...' or is that against your rules?

07-Feb-2014 00:13:07 - Last edited on 07-Feb-2014 00:21:44 by QuestForLove

Azigarath

Azigarath

Posts: 9,271 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The intent was to post the story/"story bio" according to the prompts on this thread. "The story..." part is the whole story, written in prose, which can (and should) be put on your own thread. The idea was the have the outline of your work developed here (if necessary) and then, if one wanted to, make the story on one's own thread.

The idea and intent of this thread was to involve multiple "story outlines", posted here by different users, and then going through the prompts for interacting among authors. For example, interaction of different stories may be an event where a protagonist, race, antagonist, army, etc., of one author's story ends up in another author's story/work.

If you wish to take part of this thread, you fill-in the prompt, post it here, and if you wish to continue the story in full, I would put its QFC in the index which is at the second post of this thread. Of course, putting your QFC where you said works too, so yes, it is allowed.

Hope this helps.

07-Feb-2014 03:46:17 - Last edited on 07-Feb-2014 03:48:33 by Azigarath

QuestForLove
Feb Member 2021

QuestForLove

World: Technically, there is no *world’. Instead, a giant ball of atmosphere. Small and large floating ‘islands’ decorate the world.

Main environment(s): Each island is part of a world that was destroyed long ago, and each has the same environment as they were before the apocalyptic event that removed almost the entire planet.

Setting: All the buildings are of medieval make. They are furnished with old, but sturdy, wooden furniture.

Notable creatures: The ‘Erna’, or ‘Starlit Ones’ in English. They are a group of otherworldly beings that helped tear the islands from the planet’s surface before it was destroyed.

Notes on notable creatures: Much like humans in shape, the Erna give off a faint glow from their pale, yellow eyes. They are of the last practitioners of magic known to mankind.

Notable sentient inhabitants: Humans still roam the islands, having made great wooden bridges to get from one place to another. The humans made towns by joining the islands, using rope wove from ‘helsha’, a native plant.

Notes on sentient inhabitants: The humans are very advanced in science and physics for their time, and have great machines made of wood and giant windmills that harness the weather’s power.

Dominant race(s): Humans believe they are the dominant race, but unbeknownst to them, a far more powerful and evil race lives far, far below them.

Notes on dominant race(s): The humans have very few castles, but some still remain from the days of yore. They can harness the wind and rain, along with the sun, using windmills, ‘rainwheels’ and makeshift solar panels, using the knowledge the Erna gave them. Humans are numerous and populate almost every island. Only a spare few village elders can cast spells and weave magic.

Military: The humans are relatively peaceful and have no need for an army.

22-Mar-2014 04:18:22 - Last edited on 23-Mar-2014 03:32:01 by QuestForLove

QuestForLove
Feb Member 2021

QuestForLove

Protagonist: A villager, Simon. He is the town blacksmith and is skilled greatly at it. He is about thirty-seven years of age.

Appearance: Simon is about six feet tall and is relatively thin. He wears light grey shirt, but it is stained and burned black due to the many hours at a forge. He wears black cloth breeches, as well. He has short, curly black hair and brown eyes.

Equipment: The only weapon he carries is his hammer, which is an heirloom in his family.

Personality and traits: Quick thinking, he knows when to pop out a joke, and is a bit obnoxious and sarcastic at times. He is mostly calm but gets nervous around beautiful women and tends to mess up his words and stammer.

Personal information: Had a mother and father, but his mother died of illness and his father slipped off the edge of the island and fell into the supposed never-ending abyss.

Retinue: Has a falcon, Derrol, which he saved from a few vultures after it broke its wing. Derrol can safely fly, but leans a bit to the left.

Heroes: I don’t want to reveal everything. :P

Opposing force: This will also remain a secret for the future.

Plot: The village elders see a *glow’ in Simon, and he is chosen against his will to be the ambassador of the humans. After seeing several towns, all razed and pillaged, Simon must seek out the Erna, to find an explanation of these atrocities. While venturing across several of the islands, Simon meets Dalfen, an enigmatic ex-soldier. After coaxing Dalfen to accompany him, Simon continues his trek to Utem, a well-known Erna city. Seeking counsel with the monarch Ethnelio, master of Utem, Simon and Dalfen learn that all of the islands are orbiting around a large, barren chunk of earth, which is hidden by sorcery. Apparently, invaders are coming from this center-planet using gigantic airships, to claim more land for their ever-growing empire.

Obviously, I don't want to spoil everything ! :P

22-Mar-2014 04:21:38

Quick find code: 49-50-704-65268736 Back to Top