Forums

Dreamweaver's Assorted Tales

Quick find code: 49-50-691-49415905

Dreamweaver
Aug Member 2003

Dreamweaver

Posts: 3,790 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
"Finally, you will all be wondering how Zanik is faring. Thankfully, our physicians and mages have designed a rigorous recovery programme which she has been following, and we have great confidence that she will be restored to her former self physically in short order. Yet her mind, due to intense synaptic damage, will doubtless leave her raving about her journeys to many of you the way she did to the council. This is why we are setting the record straight in public today. Zanik's treatment, using darkness, moisture and magical imbuance to reverse the effects of sunlight poisoning, we have termed 'de-solation' to remind us all to never repeat her courageous yet ultimately unwise exploration to the desolation above.
Thank you all for your attention today, and please give Zanik your full support as she integrates back into society after her desolation is complete. Our thoughts are with her."

~Dreamweaver~
Aug, 2009

24-Aug-2009 05:36:27

Dreamweaver
Aug Member 2003

Dreamweaver

I'm not sure where Zanik came out. But I'm hinting that the Council ignored her actual experiences and isolated her until they could come up with a viable alternative to convince the general population with. It's a commentary on the use of purposefully inaccurate propaganda more than a retelling of exactly what happened to Zanik in her adventures.
From the Dorgeshuun quests, we know that Zanik actually met various people and discovered all sorts about the surface world in her travels. But I believe her race would be extremely reluctant to open themselves up to any of that, not knowing how risky it would be to completely change the perspective of how the underground goblins had been living their lives for so long, and what their belief system was.
Thanks for reading!
Dreamweaver

26-Aug-2009 06:20:57

Dreamweaver
Aug Member 2003

Dreamweaver

I'm glad you like conspiracies, even if my little effort didn't grab you too much. :) Thanks as always for reading and taking the time to comment.
Dreamweaver
Meanwhile, maybe this will appeal more...

06-Oct-2009 04:05:06 - Last edited on 06-Oct-2009 04:44:00 by Dreamweaver

Dreamweaver
Aug Member 2003

Dreamweaver

.o~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~o.
<~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ THE EMERGENCY CALL ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~>
'o~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~o'

In the secret Temple Knight headquarters, a Comm Orb crackled into life on the emergency frequency.
"Immediate response line, how can I help you?" asked the operator.
"Help!" shrieked a panicked voice at the other end, "This is Sir Vyver. Sir Tendeth has fallen and I think he might be dead!"
"Are you currently in danger? Tell me what happened?" replied the operator placidly.
"We had climbed a tree, in secret surveillance on our northern border," gasped the voice of Sir Vyver. "He slipped from the branch onto his head. I think the weight of his armour snapped his neck."
"Now stay calm and take a deep breath. Then tell me, are you sure he is dead?"
There was a pause, followed by the sound of a sword unsheathing and a sickening thunk.
"Yes, I'm sure he is dead. Now what?"

Dreamweaver
~October 2009~

06-Oct-2009 04:44:28 - Last edited on 06-Oct-2009 04:48:01 by Dreamweaver

Quick find code: 49-50-691-49415905 Back to Top