Forums

Dreamweaver's Assorted Tales

Quick find code: 49-50-691-49415905

Dreamweaver
Aug Member 2003

Dreamweaver

Posts: 3,790 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Thanks and welcome to the new readers here, especially you, Chessboy. Thanks for taking the time to read and to comment as well. I have indeed read a number of Douglas Adams' books myself, and I very much appreciate my style being compared to his.
Well that Israeli guy who thinks he's an Emperor and 'my friend' left a rather unpleasant taste in my mouth. It's a shame really, because he does have *some* useful insight in his review -- but not in the majority of it, I'd say.
This is why I only subjected one of my short stories to his attentions, as a test. But I rather feel that he's got some very strong ideas about how everything should be written, as opposed to opening his mind to how other people's works may go. As was mentioned here, a piece need not have an epic and profound ending to be good. The entire point of "A Shaggy Dog Story" was to provide an outrageously circuitous route to a blantantly simple conclusion. He clearly has strong opinions about not using paragraphs too, which was a little disconcerting, coming from such a 'professional' writer.
I rather think that this test was a complete success in that it clearly indicated to me that it will not be worthwhile my seeking out any 'altruistic' assistance from 'my friend,' the Emperor.
*shudders*
Dreamweaver

14-Sep-2007 07:57:05 - Last edited on 15-Sep-2007 02:13:13 by Dreamweaver

TNG Dark Fox

TNG Dark Fox

Posts: 3,035 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hello Dreamweaver,
You are the first person to complain about my reviews. You have made an assumption that I'm arrogant because of my name and title. You didn't bother to ask why I chose that name or use that title. My goal is to teach others how to write an epic, so I write my reviews on people's work based on what their epic should look like. Don't disregard my advice because you think I'm arrogant. Have a better reason than that. How can I be arrogant when I have spent 12 out of the last 36 hours doing nothing but helping others with absolutely nothing benefiting me? Yes, I admit my name does sound arrogant. And when I chose it, I was arrogant. But that was four years ago when I was young and too proud. I use the title "Emperor" because I am the Emperor of the Imperial Dragons of the Abyss. It has nothing to do with arrogance. As for ending my reviews with "your friend," that's simply the POLITE thing to do. As for my review being rude, consider this: how easy is it to politely tell someone they wrote a bad story or that they're a bad writer? Keep that in mind and then reread my review.
YOUR FRIEND
EMPEROR BRANDON

14-Sep-2007 09:41:18

TNG Dark Fox

TNG Dark Fox

Dreamer,
I just noticed something. Why in the hell are you complaining? You got a good review! What did you expect, me give everyone a 10 out of 10? be happy with what you got! Why are you yelling at me when I decided to set aside my own things and help out people like you who ASKED for my help? I'm not even getting paid! I'm doing one of the most selfless things I could do on forums short of giving everyone a million gp, and you yell at me for it?! Well, what have you done to help your fellow Runescapians?! Oh yes, and what does Israeli have anything to do with it? You keep calling me "our Israeli reviewer," well why not just plain Brandon? I thought that no one would complain about a guy who is devoting his own time to help others for no money or benefit watsoever. I guess some people just have to complain about something. Next time, try complaining about the weather.
a person you talked to,
(leaves out a certain title that offends you) Brandon

14-Sep-2007 09:46:51 - Last edited on 14-Sep-2007 09:49:44 by TNG Dark Fox

TNG Dark Fox

TNG Dark Fox

NOTE: I DON'T MIND PEOPLE REPLYING ABOUT MY REVIEWS. BUT KEEP THIS IN MIND: I'M DEVOTING MY OWN TIME TO HELPING OTHERS FOR NO MONEY OR BENEFIT FOR MYSELF WHATSOEVER. CAN YOU REALLY COMPLAIN ABOUT A GUY WHOSE GIVING UP SO MUCH TIME TO HELP OUT PEOPLE HE'S NEVER MET? ARE YOU REALLY THAT UNGRATEFUL? OR ARE YOU JUST THAT BORED?

14-Sep-2007 09:52:43

Dreamweaver
Aug Member 2003

Dreamweaver

Okay, steady on here. I posted a very tame and thought-out reply to your review, indicating why I was disappointed with the quality of it and the seeming attitude that went with that. I did in fact thank you for doing the review, and I noted that I agreed with you on some of the points.
Furthermore, I tried to make it *particularly* clear that my criticism towards you was due to your style and attitude, not the review itself. I at *no* point suggested that I had received a 'bad' review or score. There was no yelling intended.
I do apologise about the reference to your being Israeli. It was the easiest way I could think of identifying you, not - at that time - being able to recall your name. There was absolutely no negativity attached to that reference, nor did I intend any race connotations in the least.
I'm not sure how any of that justifies you to post three times like that in this thread, with the very clear inclusions of yelling and swearing? If a moderator sees this sequence of posts, please hide them, and I will edit out my own comments here. The forum and this thread in particular does not benefit from such messages.
Dreamweaver

14-Sep-2007 11:41:59 - Last edited on 15-Sep-2007 02:07:09 by Dreamweaver

Lady Belinda
Nov
fmod Member

Lady Belinda

Forum Moderator Posts: 45,435 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dreamweaver- please be more careful about what and whom you report to the Forum Emergencies thread. If you specifically ask for a review of your stroy you are going to have to accept the fact not all readers will 100% love it. That is going to be the case with any readers who are free to post their critiques in these forums.
The player you reported did not make any personal attacks upon you, in fact it's almost the reverse. His choice of name and signature shouldn't be open to your negative reactions. He didn't ask you to critique his character name or signature.
I do thank you for the the referral to the thread where you requested the review. It enabled me to see why you called him an Israeli, he had identified himself as such there so the reference was not using the term in a negative way. Without that background I may have given you an extended forum ban for racism.

14-Sep-2007 17:51:17

Dreamweaver
Aug Member 2003

Dreamweaver

I can't say that I'm entirely happy with this verdict because I feel that my repeated statement of this whole affair *not* being about the *result* of my review was never listened to. At no point did I complain about the given score.
I also find it disappointing that reference be made to how serious racism is when, by the moderator's own correct conclusion, that never occurred. A line of "I agree that you didn't do that but if you had, you'd have been in big trouble" is not particularly relevant or useful.
However, I would like to put this entire unpleasant episode behind me. I am extending a public apology to Brandon here, stating that I was clearly wrong in picking holes in his *method* of reviewing, his own writing standards, his attitude, style and way of presenting himself, however much it may have irked me. I have also stated a similar apology in Brandon's own thread (See page 23 of 49-50-86-51232057).
I did try to calmly put the issue to rest there previously, back on page 9, so perhaps this renewed effort will ensure that result.
I would like to add that in my 6+ years in the RuneScape game and forum community, I have never fallen out with anyone, and I have never before submitted a report about any individual on these boards. I daresay that following this particular experience, it will be another 6+ years before I venture doing so again.
With respect and apologies to Brandon,
Dreamweaver

15-Sep-2007 00:54:47 - Last edited on 15-Sep-2007 03:41:02 by Dreamweaver

Quick find code: 49-50-691-49415905 Back to Top