Forums

Dreamweaver's Assorted Tales

Quick find code: 49-50-691-49415905

[#80N8R0VWZ]

[#80N8R0VWZ]

Posts: 9,100 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hehe :P
Dream, do you use the IM M&M and s-s-s-ss-? 'Cos I'd like to talk to you about the remake...there are some changes to comedy, and since I don't know Jack Schitt about comedy, I need you :P

05-Sep-2007 18:26:28 - Last edited on 05-Sep-2007 18:26:56 by [#80N8R0VWZ]

TNG Dark Fox

TNG Dark Fox

Posts: 3,035 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hello,
As you requested, here is your review. I give it a 7 out of 10. Comical and intriguing, and even a tale to remember. However, it lacked a purpose. That is, the good works tell of a set of moral dilemmas and at the end of the story, as lesson is learned from it. Not simply, "Don't be a fool," sort of lesson. It needs to be a deeply profound lesson that is derrived from great wisdom. This is a difficult idea to write in a story, especially one as short as yours. Normally it takes a full-blown novel to accurately display such lessons. Also, your novel took place in way too many locations and mentioned too many places that are unknown to the common reader (which you didn't really describe them in enough detail for the reader to truly picture the places in their mind). The tale itself was too quick. Events occurred one after another after another with very little "bridges" between them. You should take a few of the adventures of Dog off and go into more detail about the adventures that remain. Finally, Reldo suddenly turning worshipful of a shaggy, flea-bitten dog doesn't really work right. For almost the entire story Reldo remained only curious of the dog. Then suddenly at the last few lines he turned worshipful. The transition was too quick. Other than that, I found the story to be entertaining and worth reading a second time. Pretty good work, I can't wait to see your future works.
your friend,
Emperor Brandon

13-Sep-2007 03:58:40

[#4WZJNCFW5]

[#4WZJNCFW5]

Posts: 2,369 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
hey i read most of your writing (i'll read the rest later) but i was distinctly reminded of one of my favorite writers, Douglas Adams.
if you have not read the hitchhickers guide to the galaxy (5 book trilogy... his joke) then i recomend doing so, because your writing shares a similar refreshing wit and nonchalance of plot that isn't always the most obvious. and yes i consider that a good thing for your writing style. unlike what our israeli reviewer friend might belive all stories do not need plot and morals some of the best stories are a whimsical and humerous tale that resolves itself in a fairly neat storyline.
again i recommend the works of douglas adams.
p.s. if you want to read my writing check out "history of he plague." its in a different style then your stories i know but oh well

13-Sep-2007 07:24:20 - Last edited on 13-Sep-2007 07:44:17 by [#4WZJNCFW5]

Quick find code: 49-50-691-49415905 Back to Top