Forums

For the hell of war

Quick find code: 49-50-66-58349532

The Illiof

The Illiof

Posts: 7,424 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I must say, Lancaster157 was one of the dirtiest clan leaders in the history of Runescape. When the Covenant bounced back in 2008, we challenged the UNSC Marine Corps to war with NO allies. He insisted it be an allied war so he could drag in his 100+ clan allies into the fray. We accepted the terms and brought our allies and entire clan UNION into war with us.

The terms were just one war and we (Apoc Legion, Abby Legion, Covenant, and the rest of the clans in the union) soundly defeated the UNSC and his allies with something like 20 members still left on the field. About 20 minutes later, Lancaster says something on the lines of, "Lets do another war just for fun, it won't mean anything, we promise" in my private chat. I WISH I knew how to screengrab back then. So, I accept the challenge. A lot of our clan and allies had logged out at this point so they had a 20 man advantage. We got WHOOPED big time. After the war he plays really nice to me, compliments my leadership ability, and then apologizes to me for being so rude over the course of our rivalry. He then asks for one more war and I say the hell with it, he had at this point a 50 man advantage and once again soundly wipes us out. Upon this, he says something on the lines of "BEST 2 OUT OF 3 NOOB LOL" and brags about his victory.

I know that this was likely planned by Lan and the rest of the UNSCMC leadership in order to keep their winning streak against us alive and it is still, to this day, one of the most shameful and dirtiest things done in the history of Runescape clans.

After all this, I had to apologize to the union in a summit of sorts. My clan was blacklisted from this union and I believe that A*oc and Abby withdrew their alliance with us as a result. Embarrassed, I went into hiding and the Covenant died out of respite. I've been playing Runescape for the past week and have yet to see Lan online, but I've always wanted to tell him he was a shrewd clan leader.

13-Feb-2015 19:40:47

The Illiof

The Illiof

I will also say that I've always heard people say that in the first war against The Covenant, Lan asked a group of high level players that he pkd with to help out in beating us in the first war we had with them.

After the Covenant, I was in the United Runescape Empire. We challenged him again and, knowing that we had a larger, more organized clan with skilled members of the RS Clans community who would crush the UNSCMC in a second, he said something on the lines of, "You don't deserve another shot. You've lost twice already to us already."

Completely shameful no matter which way you cut it.

13-Feb-2015 19:47:48

The Illiof

The Illiof

Seeing as interest among older players is peaking again due to the recent updates, I will post some of the Covenant's side of the story in hopes former Covies, UNSC, and others see.

Lancaster157 would join The Covenant in the beginning of 2008. Starting as a minor like everyone else, he’d quickly make his way through the ranks of the Covenant. He’d go from a minor, to a major, to an ultra, to a Zealot (highest ranking non-leader) in a relatively quick time. He worked hard, and organized clan events and proved to be a brilliant member in terms of organization and negotiation.

His negative qualities began to appear nonetheless, he was quite bashful and at times disrespectful and power hungry. He did not like the hierarchy, especially the prophet that led his fleet. He would constantly message me to remove a Prophet and make him one. I will admit, the secondary leadership in the clan was lacking (no offense to any of you guys), but they were made up of my Runescape friends and were essentially grandfathered in and immune to any changes. So when I did*’t budge, Lancasters plan was to overthrow ME so he could take MY position. He would private message others, telling them that he was critical of me and the prophets. He’d mess with our reputation in the RS Clans community. He would instigate fights with 110+ clans on the forums and I would have to go on damage control. Our reluctance to go along with Lancaster’s war fantasies, and my own personal reluctance to give him a position of power led to him being more and more critical of the clan.

The last straw was when I and the rest of the secondary leadership went offline. He tried to stage a coup against us and crown himself as the leader of the Covenant with the help of other members. Our members were exponentially more loyal to us, however. Upon hearing this, we swiftly and immediately banned him.

25-Feb-2015 21:47:24

The Illiof

The Illiof

Despite his attempts to ruin the clan, he’d form the UNSCMC and he would played nice and said he understood the conditions of his removal. He wanted to be an ally with the Covenant but we refused the applications. Once he got to like, 10 members he suddenly said that we were at war. Lan said we could choose the place and they’d choose a time. We chose high level Wilderness, they refused to fight there. So we chose Clan Wars instead. They chose a Friday to fight, knowing that me and another leader would be unable to go to this war due to real life obligations. We lobbied for a Thursday and he played the, “You don’t show up, you forfeit.” Card in spite of us changing location to accommodate their needs.

We lost the war, nonetheless. However, immediately after the war, some of the Covenant’s leadership realized a lot of inconsistencies with the UNSC’s member list and who was at the war (ie people at the war not being on their member list, people on their members list not being at the war, etc). My leadership wanted to investigate the situation, but I just opted to say that they hadn’t updated their members list. I made a poor decision NOT to investigate the matter in hindsight. Five years ago, a member of the UNSC Marines named Dagreenfiend Pmd me and said that our theory was right, Lancaster used a group of 110+ people he PK’d with to boost his side on Clan Wars. Then the fall of the covenant, rise, fall again due to UNSCMC cheating again, etc.

I want to give a shout out to former Covenant members and some who stuck all the way to the URE. Skele, Igothacked, Pukehammer, Elitesloth, Sesa Rolamee, Feanor921, Paradox, Pada, Darkness5308, Volcom 47

And I want to give some recognition to the Apocalyptic Legion and the UNSC SPARTANS. You're not forgotten.

25-Feb-2015 21:48:01 - Last edited on 04-Mar-2015 01:15:53 by The Illiof

Roxy Lalonde

Roxy Lalonde

Posts: 2,956 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
This thread really takes me back. I was like 13 when I was in the UNSC clan i believe. My old name was Tris05 and it would be interesting if other old members posted on this thread. So, doing that would be cool i guess.

20-Jul-2015 07:27:24 - Last edited on 20-Jul-2015 07:28:03 by Roxy Lalonde

Oss SpyV2

Oss SpyV2

Posts: 1,500 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
It's been a very long time for me. I'm in the Army now, married, and I have a dog. Missed out on a deployment but at least I get to shoot the M249.
The Army is a great experience; it sucks so much that literally nothing else will seem as bad in comparison.

02-Feb-2016 06:15:06

Quick find code: 49-50-66-58349532 Back to Top