Forums

For the hell of war

Quick find code: 49-50-66-58349532

The contents of this message have been hidden.

21-Feb-2010 21:01:17

Oss Spy
Jan Member 2022

Oss Spy

Posts: 3,099 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
-They are trying to help you out by pointing out some of the flaws in your work so that you can maybe improve them. Did I say that your story sucks? No, I did not.
Did they point it out? Yes. Did they do it nicely? No. Did they tell me how to improve? No. Did you say it sucked? You did, just in flowery wording.

-I know that you never intended that, because that could quite possibly make you one of the most pretentious people in existence. And people don't come here to learn that war is hell, they come here for stories. Maybe that message could be explained through a story, but from what you are saying it sounds like you are trying to just show a message without a story.
I wrote this story so people could learn and have entertainment at the same time.

-You just said that you never intended for people to enjoy your work, and yet you think that if we don't like your work then we shouldn't say anything? That makes very little sense.
What makes no sense is how people can't say they don't like my story without flaming me inceasently.

-I will make this as clear as possible: It is criticism, not a random insult. If somebody just comes in and says that your story sucks without anything to back up their argument, then that's a different thing. But criticism is to help you improve, which apparently is not one of your intentions.
"Your story is poorly written" That falls under the category of random insult. If you can't or wont tell me how to improve, then it is not criticism.

-Are you implying that if the whole stories forum was just chock full of pretentious mediocre writers that think their work is flawless and won't accept any criticism, then it would not be ruined?
If people would stop being ass wipes to everyone then everything would be lovely, don't you agree? That's what I mean by flaming- you call me mediocre, and, in essence, arrogant. That is ruining in my book.

21-Feb-2010 21:38:58

Oss Spy
Jan Member 2022

Oss Spy

@ Beastin
Where's your story at? If you had actually read mine, then you would have seen it.

I can gurantee none of you read the entire front page and the rules, which proves my point. Everyone who hasn't read it is an idiot, and I know for a fact none of you read my first page entirely. I wont tell you how I know, because then you'll just fix it later.

@ Luke
Nice to see you got all of your friends to join your "clan" instead of real people. Can you tell Dj that he needs to learn how to fight? That was pretty embarassing how I pwnd him, even with his borrowed AGS.

21-Feb-2010 21:41:55 - Last edited on 21-Feb-2010 21:42:50 by Oss Spy

Seants

Seants

Posts: 110 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
"Did they point it out? Yes. Did they do it nicely? No. Did they tell me how to improve? No. Did you say it sucked? You did, just in flowery wording."
-I admit, I did basically imply that your story sucked, but I gave reasoning to back it up. Kinda like criticism.
"I wrote this story so people could learn and have entertainment at the same time."
-Well I did not learn and the only entertainment I got out of this thread was your retaliation at people trying to help you improve, so you might want to work on that.
"What makes no sense is how people can't say they don't like my story without flaming me inceasently."
-Again, nobody is flaming you. They just don't like your story and they are trying to help you improve so that maybe you could write a story that people will like.
""Your story is poorly written" That falls under the category of random insult. If you can't or wont tell me how to improve, then it is not criticism."
-You misquoted me. I said "In all honesty, this is a pretty poorly written story. The plot is extremely bland and there isn't much description in the dialogue." The criticism is in the second sentence.
"If people would stop being ass wipes to everyone then everything would be lovely, don't you agree? That's what I mean by flaming- you call me mediocre, and, in essence, arrogant. That is ruining in my book."
-Trust me, the only ass wipe here is you. And I'm sure that I am not the only person who agrees with that statement.
I could go on forever, dude.

21-Feb-2010 23:44:24

22-Feb-2010 00:06:27

Oss Spy
Jan Member 2022

Oss Spy

-I admit, I did basically imply that your story sucked, but I gave reasoning to back it up. Kinda like criticism.
Criticism is helpful (the only kind I will accept anyway) so....no, not like criticism.

-Well I did not learn and the only entertainment I got out of this thread was your retaliation at people trying to help you improve, so you might want to work on that.
When you insult me you ask for retaliation. I get my entertainment from watching idiots like you try to back up flaming me.

-Again, nobody is flaming you. They just don't like your story and they are trying to help you improve so that maybe you could write a story that people will like.
If you tell me what's wrong with my story without telling me how to fix it then you are, in fact, flaming me. Generally, people don't even tell me what's wrong, they just say "omg u suck." Maybe you could be nice, the kind of person people would like?

-You misquoted me. I said "In all honesty, this is a pretty poorly written story. The plot is extremely bland and there isn't much description in the dialogue." The criticism is in the second sentence.
Oh I'm sorry, I'll remember paraphrasing is a crime against humanity. Granted that is criticism, but I fail to see where it's helpful....

-Trust me, the only ass wipe here is you. And I'm sure that I am not the only person who agrees with that statement.
You must be an ass wipe to continue to posting hate here, and clearly ignoring my front page.

If you wish to post hate towards me, then read the first page. By not doing so you only prove your ignorance further.

22-Feb-2010 01:17:29

22-Feb-2010 01:20:38

Quick find code: 49-50-66-58349532 Back to Top