Forums

For the hell of war

Quick find code: 49-50-66-58349532

Seants

Seants

Posts: 110 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I don't need to write stories myself to criticize them. I'm sure the writer didn't write it expecting everybody to like it anyways.
And please explain what a "retimah" is.

21-Feb-2010 19:14:58 - Last edited on 21-Feb-2010 19:15:28 by Seants

Seants

Seants

I don't see what I've said that could make you think I was a 10 year old. And I don't see how I am "ruining" this forum. I'm giving the writer constructive criticism so that he or she could improve their work.

21-Feb-2010 19:20:35

Oss Spy
Jan Member 2022

Oss Spy

Posts: 3,099 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
@ Organ
The first post I read from you made me want to tear you apart...First off, this is the problem with the people on my thread: They say it's criticism, but I fail to see the "help" they're giving me; mainly it's saying "your story sucks ass", then trying to convince me that's helpful...well it's not. I never intended for people to love everything I wrote, but for people to see the fact that war is hell. Nobody here has pulled that out of the story, and I have to tell you what it is...If you don't have something nice to say, then don't post it on the thread. Random insults are for random G.E. wars and entertainment at Catherby, but not on a thread where they can always be seen. As far as ruining the forums go, those posts ruin it. If you can't be constructive or supportive, then what are you doing? Flaming. Flaming draws away readers from posting, which means the thread will eventually die, in essence, ruining the forum. That's likely why he said you were ten. (P.S. I'm a guy.)
@ Mcmrs
Thank You.

21-Feb-2010 20:25:47 - Last edited on 21-Feb-2010 20:27:38 by Oss Spy

The contents of this message have been hidden.

21-Feb-2010 20:37:26

21-Feb-2010 20:43:59

Seants

Seants

"...They say it's criticism, but I fail to see the "help" they're giving me; mainly it's saying "your story sucks ass", then trying to convince me that's helpful..."
-They are trying to help you out by pointing out some of the flaws in your work so that you can maybe improve them. Did I say that your story sucks? No, I did not.
"...I never intended for people to love everything I wrote, but for people to see the fact that war is hell..."
-I know that you never intended that, because that could quite possibly make you one of the most pretentious people in existence. And people don't come here to learn that war is hell, they come here for stories. Maybe that message could be explained through a story, but from what you are saying it sounds like you are trying to just show a message without a story.
"...If you don't have something nice to say, then don't post it on the thread..."
-You just said that you never intended for people to enjoy your work, and yet you think that if we don't like your work then we shouldn't say anything? That makes very little sense.
"...Random insults are for random G.E. wars and entertainment at Catherby, but not on a thread where they can always be seen..."
-I will make this as clear as possible: It is criticism, not a random insult. If somebody just comes in and says that your story sucks without anything to back up their argument, then that's a different thing. But criticism is to help you improve, which apparently is not one of your intentions.

21-Feb-2010 20:44:12 - Last edited on 21-Feb-2010 20:48:19 by Seants

Seants

Seants

"...As far as ruining the forums go, those posts ruin it. If you can't be constructive or supportive, then what are you doing? Flaming. Flaming draws away readers from posting, which means the thread will eventually die, in essence, ruining the forum..."
-Are you implying that if the whole stories forum was just chock full of pretentious mediocre writers that think their work is flawless and won't accept any criticism, then it would not be ruined?
"...That's likely why he said you were ten."
-He's a troll. It's not hard to notice.

~Major

21-Feb-2010 20:47:43 - Last edited on 21-Feb-2010 20:51:06 by Seants

21-Feb-2010 20:55:43

Quick find code: 49-50-66-58349532 Back to Top