Forums

Kingdoms of Karrus [RP*

Quick find code: 49-50-619-65668314

NotFishing

NotFishing

Posts: 16,946 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Introduction

Hello and welcome! This time I'm not going to start the thread off with some deep in-character post. Because... well, I don't exactly have much to work with. This is a civilization roleplay thread, where instead of controlling individual characters you control entire nations.

The continent this thread takes place on is known as Karrus. You control one of the kingdoms, nations, or empires on this continent. You can create your own race, your own government, your own culture. Achieve your goals through conquest or diplomacy, make your people traditionalists or pragmatists, embrace other cultures or try to keep your own isolated.

There is no overarching plotline, except for that one large oppressive empire that threatens to swallow the continent, and you can either stop them or stand aside. But other than that, what happens is completely up to you.
Beneath the gold, the Bitter Steel.

21-Aug-2015 02:09:35

NotFishing

NotFishing

Le Rules

1. All Jagex rules apply.
2. There will be conflict in this thread, and conflict will often come in the form of large scale battles. Be reasonable - if you outnumbered and surrounded by men with equal if not superior training on terrain that gives you no advantage, you are going to lose.
3. There is no magic in this world. None.
4. While you can create your own race, the animals, minerals, and plants on this world aren't any different from what you'd find in the real world.
5. Your civilization must have some sort of weakness. You can't be perfect at everything. Perhaps it's your military, maybe your food supply, maybe you don't have enough resources to spare for trade.
6. Though our civilizations will have religions, there is no definite proof that any of the deities are real. That said, miracles can still happen so long as they are believable, and there's nothing stopping your people from believing that bountiful harvest season was in fact a gift from their gods.
7. I may or may not toss in natural disasters every now and then to shake things up.
8. Respect your fellow roleplayers.
9. Ask the other civilization owner permission before you go around controlling their NPCs.
10. Use common sense. If you think it will get you in trouble don't do it. If you don't know, then ask. I will step in if I feel you are doing something wrong.
11. I would encourage players to discuss their civilization's relationship with their neighbors before making posts about it. Just because you think your people will get along well with theirs doesn't mean they do as well.
12. Have fun.

21-Aug-2015 02:09:50 - Last edited on 21-Aug-2015 02:52:16 by NotFishing

NotFishing

NotFishing

Race Bio

( Note: If your people are human, do NOT waste time and space by filling this out. We know what humans are, and everyone is allowed to use them. You are allowed multiple races, but you must submit multiple race bios. Finally, with permission you can use other player's races. )

Name : ( What your race is called )
Lifespan : ( How long does your species generally live? )

Appearance: ( What do they look like? Do they resemble humans, are they lizardmen, are they giants? )

Other: ( Anything I missed? )

21-Aug-2015 02:09:56 - Last edited on 21-Aug-2015 02:51:35 by NotFishing

NotFishing

NotFishing

Nation Bio

( Note: If your 'nation' consists of several independent states that are very similar to each other, one bio is acceptable. )

Name: ( What is your country called? )
Leader(s): ( Who leads your nation? Please include his or her title. )
Population: ( How many people live there? )
Races: ( What races live in your nation and what percentage of the population does each group make up? )
Location: ( I'm going to create a map eventually, and I want you to describe your location on that map. )

Capital: ( What is your capital called? )
Capital Description: ( What does it look like? How many people live there? )

Government: ( Is your government an autocracy, an oligarchy, a democracy, a theocracy? Something else? Some combination of those? Please explain. )

Economy: ( Do your people barter, do they use currency, are they communists? How do they exchange goods and services? )

Military: ( How many soldiers do you have? )

Religion: ( Not required, but considering the age our societies are in it is unlikely that you won't have one. )

Culture: ( What their society values, what they are taught, how artistic they are, etc. )

History: ( How was your nation founded? What brought them to where they were today? I don't want you to post an entire textbook, just give me the basics. )

Other: ( Anything I missed that you feel the need to include? )

21-Aug-2015 02:10:03 - Last edited on 21-Aug-2015 03:09:13 by NotFishing

NotFishing

NotFishing

Nation List

Sorus Empire: A powerful nation that was able to conquer four human kingdoms. With the largest military and the most territory on Karrus, it now threatens the entire continent. But some say the current emperor isn't as strong as his father, and the empire itself is about to face a decline. Similar to Rome, after it became a dictatorship of course. (CaptLasky, page 3)

Dormoor: The kingdom of the Dwarves. They are an honorable people and an economic powerhouse, trading valuable gems and minerals with nearby nations for food. Their recent victory over the Sorusians has proven they (the Sorusians) are not as strong as everyone once thought. (CaptLasky, page 3)

Tanik: Home of the Goeraks, a gorilla-like people that place a high value on strength. Though they only have one settlement and are technologically inferior to most nations, they make up for it with sheer prowess. (Corbonyo, page 4)

Londor: Kingdom of the Half-Giants. Their society places an emphasis on farming and crafting. Despite their sheer size, they actually quite peaceful and have few soldiers. (Zang*ro1, page 4)

"Mountains of Home:" The land of the Gr(c)voths, an ape-like tribal society that also values traits like strength, freedin and courage. They live a nomadic lifestyle, and most are capable of guerilla warfare. (A(c)zagarath, page 5)

Balan Republic: A human republic with a diverse culture. This society values strength, intelligence, and diplomacy. With a powerful military and good trade, they are a threat to any civilization they meet in combat. (Venom, page 5)

21-Aug-2015 02:10:12 - Last edited on 03-Sep-2015 03:31:41 by NotFishing

NotFishing

NotFishing

The World

The continent this roleplay takes place on, as mentioned in the introduction, is Karrus. It is of similar shape to Asia, only significantly smaller in size (it takes four months to walk from one end to the other.)

It is not the same geographically, which leaves you free to describe your nation's own terrain and geography. Still, it is colder in the north and warmer in the south. However, the area that is now Russia for example is not cold to the extent of being tundra, but still cold nonetheless. For simplicity's sake, just say: "My civilization encompasses the area that in the real world would be India."

So, the empire. I'll take time to mention it here, because you're going to have to check out this section at one point.

The empire originates from what it is now Japan. Japan is the only part of this Asia-like continent that did not shrink, making it significantly larger. The territory they hold on the mainland takes up what is now modern day China.

21-Aug-2015 02:10:42 - Last edited on 22-Aug-2015 17:50:49 by NotFishing

Quick find code: 49-50-619-65668314 Back to Top