Forums

Aeraie's Compilation

Quick find code: 49-50-596-63919486

Aeraie

Aeraie

Posts: 9,100 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
“One night, a friend of mine brought his new gay friend, Sam, to the rink, and I decided that I wanted to skate with Sam during the couple’s song, but I was too afraid to ask. My buddy asked him for me, and he said yes. That night we held hands as we skated and it was truly the most magical moment of my life, and at the end of the night, we exchanged numbers. That Christmas, I asked my mom the same question I did every year, except this time there was a boy in the picture. She said yes, and so Sam spent Christmas with my family and though that was twenty years ago, it was still the best Christmas of my life.” He broke down into tears again, and as his eyes turned red, he tucked his head beneath his arms.

The tattooed man beside him rubbed his back whispering to him, “It’s okay, it’s okay.” We listened to the gay man’s long, pitiful sobs before he finally picked up his head to continue speaking.

“Fifteen years ago, Sam was diagnosed with acute myeloid leukemia. It was a fourteen month battle and I held his hand through every step of the way. Sam-” He broke into more sobs before finishing his beaten sentence, “Sam passed away.”

The seven of us gave the man our sympathy before we continued on. We went in a clockwise circle, and as such I would be the second to last person to go. Each person shared their own story; the tattooed man of how his mother was repeatedly abused by his father, the seventeen year old shared the story of how a friend of his had gone out to a lake and drowned, a young girl how her sister had passed. The next person to speak was a blonde woman my age, someone who I had noticed earlier, the person I knew but could not pinpoint. She seemed very shy, and I smiled as I waited patiently for her to tell a story.

02-Aug-2012 05:03:37 - Last edited on 23-Dec-2012 05:30:39 by Aeraie

Aeraie

Aeraie

CHAPTER 2
SUMMER
The carpet was a shag carpet, and different hues of forest green were encompassed by coffee brown, going back and forth between shades of green and brown. I adducted my bare toes into the carpet, feeling the long strands in the little visited area called in between my toes. My palms were damp with a nervous sweat, and I might’ve been shaking. It was a hot summer day, and that didn’t help my cause. I looked up from the rug for a moment and met eye contact with a man my age who had a huge scar on his face. The man hadn’t yet spoken, but I was interested in hearing his story. I hoped it would be about the scar. There was a familiar gleam in his bright blue eyes as he nodded, urging me to begin. I smiled a wobbly smile and opened my mouth.

“I had a good friend in middle school. Her name was May. When May was eleven, she had a boyfriend, and she and her boyfriend dated for eight months. She had turned twelve by then, and decide the relationship wasn’t working out, so she went to his house to break up with him. There, May was raped at just twelve years old. She went through six months of schooling before she finally told a friend what had happened. Well, as it turns out, that friend wasn’t such a good friend because she told everyone else what happened. People began to bully May.

02-Aug-2012 05:03:43 - Last edited on 23-Dec-2012 05:31:37 by Aeraie

Aeraie

Aeraie

They told her that she had made all of this up, that she was only doing this for attention. May’s mom found out what happened, and she decided to press charges on the boy, but they were six months too late. Since so much time had passed, they couldn’t do a rape kit, and she couldn’t remember the incident as well as she had before. May’s lawyer got her and her mother into a room and told them it would be pointless to press charges, because they would lose. May’s mother and father eventually decided that dropping the charges was the best thing to do, and so the boy got off scotch free, and while all this was happening, May was still being bullied at school and she had lost most of her friends. When people would ask May why she didn’t tell someone the day it happened,” My voice shot up an octave from the pain of remembering the story, “May told them that it was because that day was her mother’s birthday, and what kind of present would that be to her mom? What kind of kid tells their mom they got raped on their mother’s birthday?”

My vision returned to the shaggy carpet as I took many deep breaths to hold back tears. “There’s another thing, too.” I exhaled. “All of that didn’t happen to May, because May doesn’t exist. It happened to me.” I heard everyone gasp at the shock of my newly provided information. My heart sunk into the pit of my stomach; I hadn’t told that story in many years. I bit back the wave of emotion, just like I had then, and clenched my teeth in contempt.

02-Aug-2012 05:03:48 - Last edited on 23-Dec-2012 05:32:02 by Aeraie

Aeraie

Aeraie

There was a larger man whose skin was used as a drawing board sitting near the original speaker. I glanced over at his fists, which had curled up into tight balls. He had told a story of how his mother was beaten and raped by his father. I wondered if he was angry for my sake. His deep, husky voice boomed out of his muscular jaws.

“Who did this to you? What was his name?” He demanded, greedy for the answer. I pursed my lips together and furrowed my brow, pretending to remember a name I would never forget.

“Back then, everyone called him Vinnie, but his full name is Vincent.”

02-Aug-2012 05:03:56 - Last edited on 23-Dec-2012 05:32:20 by Aeraie

Quick find code: 49-50-596-63919486 Back to Top