Forums

— Stories Forum Guide — READ

Quick find code: 49-50-545-63683865

CaptChekaka

CaptChekaka

Posts: 35,595 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'm happy to see this has made some headway. Good luck in remaining dedicated to the cause; I hope it doesn't become too overwhelming.

I also wholeheartedly support the idea of remaking the finalized thread before even suggesting a sticky, mainly because I think a sticky should have a more distinct appearance than other threads. It should have a more permanent aspect to it, rather than having it cluttered in the early pages with submissions and the like. A benefit, though, would be the discussion; honestly the thread should be finished before stickying is even discussed, so have at it. :p

Aside from that, how detailed are you planning on this being? I think some good points were brought up about the need for a balance between YFS and the Creative Writing Guide. It also hones in on what I was saying on the SD: you need to decide on an audience.

Message me on Facebook if you want me for anything. I'll be browsing for a bit, though, so you might catch me.

#Chek

25-Apr-2012 23:15:23

Cozmic

Cozmic

Forum Moderator Posts: 16,435 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Thanks for the post, Capt.

"Aside from that, how detailed are you planning on this being?"

The guide will mostly rely on tips similar to the current Creative Writing Guide, but I plan to add a lot more and categorize them.

27-Apr-2012 19:36:47

Areno3

Areno3

Posts: 12,906 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
"Delnaz, I’d be very much interested in your opinions on YFS, or, properly, Your First Story, a guide which was stickied that goes into great depth on many topics. Coz thinks it’s too heavy and extensive, but as the actual target audience, your opinion would be most valuable."

Lmao, I was just browsing through here and saw this. I found this after a month, Poller, so I'm sorry about that. Yeah, maybe I'll look into it (but not right now. I'm leaving shortly) and give you some criticism/my opinion.

02-May-2012 21:19:19

Quick find code: 49-50-545-63683865 Back to Top