Forums

— Stories Forum Guide — READ

Quick find code: 49-50-545-63683865

Old Gnomish
Jul Member 2023

Old Gnomish

Posts: 2,569 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
"When you do sticky this, re-doing it is essential, if just for neatness. If we’ve got people submitting content, you don’t want it twice in the thread, and removing all the discussion over the actual construction of the guide gives it a much more official feel." --Poller

This was what I originally meant in my post a few pages back. It's not that I think we will exceed ten posts, but that it seems pointless having the same content appear twice.
Snow
| Runescape Stories Forum |
Guildmaster - The Novelists' Guild

17-Apr-2012 18:43:30

Cozmic

Cozmic

Forum Moderator Posts: 16,435 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
"When you do sticky this, re-doing it is essential, if just for neatness. If we’ve got people submitting content, you don’t want it twice in the thread, and removing all the discussion over the actual construction of the guide gives it a much more official feel. "

Good point. Then I will be re-doing it. :)

---

"I think you’ve done this, Coz, but definitely make sure you incorporate the existing Creative Writing Guide. I’d, personally, probably keep it all together, and keep it near the beginning; there are people who will want little more than the simple but precise hints that it has to offer. "

This sort of content is going in posts 2 and 3, although I'm open to changing the exact hints. Any suggestions?

---

I'm going to do a bit of work on this in a moment, including looking back at suggestions I may have kept until later.

18-Apr-2012 19:10:07

Cozmic

Cozmic

Forum Moderator Posts: 16,435 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I've made a few changes:

1. The writing tips section now takes up all of page 1 and is divided into categories (plot, characters, description). Feel free to add your own tips.

2. The writing guide is now on page 2. Feel free to submit corrections or additions.

3. The FAQ is now on page 3, along with other community information.

18-Apr-2012 19:29:48

[#MHTBZM7MZ]

[#MHTBZM7MZ]

Posts: 518 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
A dedicated section concerning various methods in planning, drafting and proof-reading one's piece, perhaps? I don't know if somebody has already suggested this, or if Cozmic is already planning to implament something along the lines. However, I know that I have trouble with these processes--particularly drafting.

Additionally, a guide detailing the basics of Short Story writing and Poetry is a must. Maybe even essay writing, too? :p

22-Apr-2012 04:04:51 - Last edited on 22-Apr-2012 04:08:10 by [#MHTBZM7MZ]

Cozmic

Cozmic

LoneWolfe, that may be something which fits the Your First Story thread a bit more, as this guide is intended to be very brief. If anyone else has an opinion about the suggestion then feel free to post.

22-Apr-2012 21:28:29

Quick find code: 49-50-545-63683865 Back to Top