Forums

Layers of Strange [RP]

Quick find code: 49-50-528-66009226

George Rozas

George Rozas

Posts: 35,406 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Trees, trees, and more trees - those were the sights the hatchback's occupant had been experiencing for the better part of two hours. Well, trees and paved road with the occasional squirrel bolting across into the other side of the brush. It wasn't the most exciting journey she had ever taken, but the destination she was rapidly nearing? THAT was what kept her nervous excitement from fading into frustrated boredom.

" Can't be far now... " She told herself for the hundredth time, tapping her fingers against the steering wheel to the beat of 'I'm Gonna Be' for what must have been the thousandth time. She really needed to get that busted casette player fixed... Probably should've done it before making the trip, she was getting pretty sick of the song.

Luckily she wouldn't need to torture herself with more haunting echoes of the Proclaimers as, taking one last turn, she finally caught sight of civilization as the trees began to thin out. Her simmering nervous excitement erupted inside her gut at the sight of an all too welcome welcoming sign.

'Welcome to Hailbrooke, home to the famous Hailbrooke University!'

She had finally arrived! When she'd been offered the scholarship her mother had nearly broke down crying at the news, and not that she'd ever admit it but she'd gotten a bit misty eyed herself. She, Taylor Nakamura, had actually been accepted into a college! Not just any college, but the famous Hailbrooke! The graduation rate was amazing, everything was top-notch, maybe because it was secluded out here with its own little town? It probably didn't work that way but she didn't care enough, she actually got to go to college! Sure, it was a boxing scholarship, but college was college!

All she had to do was make sure nobody caught on to her secret - which wouldn't be a problem, she'd just stick to semi-human levels of physical prowess and she'd be a-okay!

In a place like this, there was no way she'd need anything more!

...Right?
I am Inferi.

01-May-2018 21:58:31

George Rozas

George Rozas

#SUMMARY#

By the light of dawn, I return with a new roleplay!

You are a new student coming to attend Hailbrooke University, a college famous for its stellar graduation track record and state of the art learning facilities! Sure its located out in the middle of a massive forest, cut off from everywhere except the college town of Hailbrooke that it's named after, but when you get offered a place or a scholarship at Hailbrooke, you take it!

But of course, not everything is alright in your new college life. There are strange happenings going on around Hailbrooke, and whether you want to or not you're going to be dragged into the middle of it all - let's hope you can make it out the other side intact, or at least alive.

Luckily, you might just have a couple secrets of your own. Perhaps you've discovered some sort of hidden ability you never knew you had until recently, or maybe you're not strictly speaking human... Whatever the case may be, you might have a few tricks up your sleeve to protect yourself and those around you from whatever might be happening in this small college town.
I am Inferi.

01-May-2018 21:58:46 - Last edited on 01-May-2018 22:09:53 by George Rozas

George Rozas

George Rozas

#RULES#

1: All the basics, blah blah blah, you know the drill.

2: No aliens, no cyborgs, no ancient vampires. On a similar note, if you aren't sure about something, ask me first before basing your whole bio off of the concept.

3: Just because someone is normal doesn't mean they can't change that later on.

4: If I disappear for a period of time, it doesn't mean this thread is dead - you're free to keep playing without me, and free to create side-stories of your own of varying levels of deadliness. So long as the whole town and college isn't destroyed, I should be able to return and get the bigger plot rolling. So yeah, you've got a bit of freedom.

5: Romance is allowed - it's fucking college!
I am Inferi.

01-May-2018 21:58:50 - Last edited on 01-May-2018 23:07:16 by George Rozas

George Rozas

George Rozas

#HAILBROOKE#

The college town of Hailbrooke is located out in the middle of a massive forest somewhere on the Eastern side of the US, anything more specific than that I don't care to get into. It's a reasonably sized town with a roughly 50-60% student population who attend Hailbrooke University. The college itself has plenty of dorms for students while the town itself has a lot of student lodgings, most of which are pretty well kept.

What folk live in town who aren't students seem to live pretty peacefully, mostly being store owners and employees who make their living off of the many students coming and going. There are numerous places to hangout with various activities that range from a simple walk through the impressive Hailbrooke Park to ice skating at the local rink.

The trees are relatively thin close to town, although some apartment complexes are situated next to thicker woodland that hasn't been cut back. As such, while there are plenty of trails people are free to wander along, you should be careful not to stray off the path too far if you don't want to get lost in the massive forest.
I am Inferi.

01-May-2018 21:58:53 - Last edited on 01-May-2018 22:21:15 by George Rozas

George Rozas

George Rozas

#FORMAT#

Name:
Age: (You don't necessarily have to be a student, you could be one of the people who live in town - though I'd prefer it to be a relatively recent move)

Race Description: (If not, tell us the details here)

Abilities: (If you possess an ability or five, tell us about them here)

Appearance:

History: (Tell me the tale of your people)

Other:
I am Inferi.

01-May-2018 21:58:56 - Last edited on 01-May-2018 22:23:53 by George Rozas

George Rozas

George Rozas

#CHARACTER LIST#

Taylor Nakamura - An abnormally tall and muscular Japanese girl who earned her place in Hailbrooke after being offered a boxing scholarship. Further details unknown as of yet.
I am Inferi.

01-May-2018 21:58:59 - Last edited on 01-May-2018 23:09:14 by George Rozas

George Rozas

George Rozas

Name: Taylor Nakamura. "Ty" to some friends.
Race: To be revealed.

Race Description: I'll fill this in when it's revealed.

Abilities: Once more, to be revealed when it pops out IC.
I am Inferi.

01-May-2018 21:59:04 - Last edited on 01-May-2018 22:26:47 by George Rozas

George Rozas

George Rozas

Appearance: Taylor is quite an unusual sight for most people, being of East Asian descent - Japanese specifically - and far bigger than most people think Asians can get. She stands at an intimidating 6'3" tall with an impressive physique, being slim but well-built, the figure of a top athlete with incredibly impressive muscles. She's toned, tough and has some damn fine abs. It's certainly not what people expect to see, but luckily her physique is nowhere near grotesque - indeed, she looks incredible.

She has straight, blue-black hair that is relatively short, sporting a messy bob cut that sweeps her fringe to the right in a way that frames her face very nicely. Taylor's eyes are grey in colour, ranging somewhere in the middle between stormy and steel, a light scar just above the ridge of her left brow the only real blemish she has visible. She's pretty - not that she notices - with lightly tanned skin that's smooth and soft. She sports a C-cup bust and a toned rear, of course.

Taylor is pretty partial to tight-fitting tank tops to show off her impressive physique, which she is most assuredly proud of. With that said she enjoys T-shirts and jacket too, but tank-tops are her jam - especially in summer. Her bottoms range between shorts and cargo pants generally, the former more for the gym and training purposes where the latter are for more casual circumstances. On her feet are either sneakers or heavy boots.

History: Taylor is a third generation Japanese immigrant, born in the US and raised there her whole life - visiting Japan only once when she was extremely young. She was never the smartest child and was easily distracted in class, having a much more rough and tumble attitude compared to the bookishness of her siblings - leading to her getting into a lot of fights with other kids, but never anything serious. Well, not until middle-school at least, where she started getting bullied for her tomboy nature and steadily increasing height.

Said bullying got shut down
I am Inferi.

01-May-2018 21:59:14 - Last edited on 01-May-2018 22:55:41 by George Rozas

George Rozas

George Rozas

pretty fast when she started taking none of their shit, her temper getting the better of her more than once and kicking off fights that she walked away from the victor. Towering over her fellow students used to bother Taylor immensely, especially when a lot of them were clearly intimidated by her. She eventually got over it during her high school junior year, even relishing in the feeling of being someone people didn't want to mess with - even if some of them still muttered unpleasant things about her behind her back.

Having been hitting the gym since she started high school Taylor has boasted her impressive physique for quite some time, although she never really had to work as hard as she should've to maintain it - just lucky she would say! She changed gym during her junior year, finding an interest in boxing and discovering she was pretty damn good at it - or perhaps it was just the fact she could fight without getting in trouble that she loved. Probably both.

Her... 'Secret' was something she discovered that same year - 17 was a big year for her - and it explained a whole hell of a lot, such as why she was so huge and why the hell the rest o fher family were nearly all a foot shorter than she was. Except her dad, he was only half a foot shorter. Those discoveries aside Taylor became pretty well known in the amateur boxing circle, winning all of her matches via knock-out to the point where, after finishing high school and being lost as to what to do, she was approached by a scout who offered her a scholarship to Hailbrooke.

And you can bet your ass she accepted!

Other: Taylor brought her dog to college - because she could. He's an old english sheepdog named Barry.
I am Inferi.

01-May-2018 21:59:17 - Last edited on 01-May-2018 23:05:23 by George Rozas

Quick find code: 49-50-528-66009226 Back to Top