Forums

RS Story Contest - Survivor 2

Quick find code: 49-50-509-63216305

[#3WR3NGEL8]

[#3WR3NGEL8]

Posts: 1,412 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Blind Rose

She was a remarkable sorceress, one possessed of innately occult powers that no other conjurer could ever invoke with mere centuries of experience. That was why she was evil—and why her husband was chained to a post in the other room, screaming in pain and terror, being tortured for a confession he would never give. He should reveal how tainted her soul was, and what a darkling she was for being born with magic, so their ordeal would end. Rose could have stopped it all by herself, had she used her curse, but it would be against her oath and in everything she believed in.

Movario waved a dagger in front of her face, leering at her in a way she did not like one bit. *What do you want!” Rose screamed at his grimy face. “I upheld my oath! I never used magic! I did not cause the plague!”

“Lie all you want, witch, but that is not what we came here for.” The man straightened and looked down at her, the way a person regarded bugs beneath his boots. “We want you to admit that your husband, too, is a darkling.”

“He’s not! I swear on my soul that he isn’t like me; he’s not evil! Please…stop hurting him.”

He seized fistfuls of her dark hair and bent down once more. “I have no need for the lies your mouth spouts from your corrupted soul, witch. I am here to bring the Creator’s justice and give you pain you cannot bear before you pass into your Dark Master’s cold embrace.” He held up a vial of yellowish liquid she had not seen before, forced opened her mouth with his free hand, and poured its contents down her throat. The pain brought a burning sensation to her mouth, and to her throat. It was like swallowing fire.

Movario unceremoniously dragged her to other room. Grim-faced men stood all around, bristling wicked-looking weapons that could have sent any predator scurrying away. Kanvos, as pale as snow, was shaking as his fingers were being slowly cut. Rose couldn’t stop the tears from stinging her eyes.

*I told you,” Kanvos spoke shakily when the brute cutting

24-Sep-2011 05:41:59 - Last edited on 24-Sep-2011 05:42:08 by [#3WR3NGEL8]

[#3WR3NGEL8]

[#3WR3NGEL8]

Posts: 1,412 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
his fingers stopped. “My wife has not used magic for the past eight years. She isn’t a darkling, I swear, and has no connection to the Dark Master ever since she was born. She is magically gifted, that’s all there is to confess.”

“Then why are you being tortured, then? Why has she not saved you, then? It is because she wants you dead, because she has admitted to us that you are a darkling.”

“She would never say that.”

“Oh, but she did. If what you say is true, then she would deny it by now.*

Kanvos gazed down at her with his big, brown eyes. Rose tried to speak, tried to say no, but no words came out. Only pain. She couldn’t shake her head, for Movario had her hair in his fist to stop her.

“How can you do that to me!” He screamed out his pain, demanding that she deny it. She tried to, but she simply couldn’t. Abruptly, before she could attempt any further, one of the men beheaded her husband. His head tumbled to the ground. Before her mind could fully accept what had happened, Movario took out another vial of acid and simply downed it on her eyes.

It was then she realized the truth. An irony it was, being able to see reality when you were blind. She was being condemned for being born with something others did not have; it was the same as saying a blond-haired person was evil for being born blond. She wasn’t evil…they were. Rose realized she was stupid enough to trade the life of her love for a foolish superstition.

Rose then broke her oath. She struck out, sweeping wildly around her the thunderous violence of her power. The sound of blood hitting stone walls filled her ears, as she shredded every living thing, be it a man or mouse. The strength of her magic, her rage, hammered deep into her core. She was glad that she was blind, for she might have stopped had she been able to see the destruction she had intentionally caused. When all was still and silent, blind Rose felt her way around the room and counted the bodies, only to find one missing.

Movario.

24-Sep-2011 05:42:00 - Last edited on 24-Sep-2011 06:24:23 by [#3WR3NGEL8]

Azigarath

Azigarath

Posts: 9,271 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Crucifixion

There was once a time when demons and dragons were enemies and often argued about which was the greater race. A child demon and a dragon cub happened to be good friends despite the conflict, and they discussed this serious matter in a long forgotten garden located on a large hill.

The discussion led the two beside a ruined fountain, of which the dragon leaned against while she spoke.
The demon noticed that the dragon was now staring into the fountain, so the demon took a peek himself. In the fountain was a large stone crucifix that was formerly upright on the fountain. The two friends stared at the cross curiously, untouched within its watery tomb. The dragon briefly dipped her snout into the fountain, watching the ripples damage the water.

"Do you know what that means?" the demon asked.

"It's a symbol of torture worshipped by religious humans." The dragon said quickly.

"But I remember a larger story behind it, do you?" the demon asked, and the dragon nodded.

The story happened long ago before demons and dragons were enemies. The story began when a prophet and his followers were sentenced to death by crucifixion. However, fearing the prophet's magical powers, the draconic prefect of the state and his priests summoned demons to execute the prophet for them. The demons agreed to do this, however were warned to not attempt execution to anyone besides the prophet.

Regardless, the demons took the prophet and his followers to a large hill that they called Calvary, and following close behind was a large crowd of angry people eager to see the execution while chanting the words "crucify him". The prophet and his followers did not offer any resistance, for they believed eternal reward in their heaven by dying for their faith. Two young children were seen here, though they dispersed.

One of the followers, falling onto his knees, cried out in a great voice, "I am innocent! You have a wrong man, I am not a follower of that accursed prophet!"

24-Sep-2011 08:42:56

Azigarath

Azigarath

Posts: 9,271 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The demons allowed him to speak. The man declared his innocence over and over again in great detail, however the demons were satisfied with their choice, and in a twist of fate, decided to only crucify this innocent man, and told the guilty prophet to be on his way with his true followers.
The crowd was in great rage, though fearing the demons, they did not harm the prophet nor his followers.

"The one you let go is the one who is guilty! I am the one who showed your summoners who the prophet was, and you must carry out their order and crucify him!" the man yelled with some heat.

"What do you mean? Are you saying that we are to crucify the condemned prophet we just let go?" one of the demons asked, soon following many reasons as to support this claim.

"He is the one you must crucify! Crucify him! " the man yelled, soon following the crowd chanting those words.

"We have no time for your crippled Christ! We will crucify you, what makes it so wrong?" the demon said, and so the demons crucified the man, thoroughly enjoying his excruciating pain.

While the man remained there on the wooden frame, he cried out to be released, and yelled in fury to be helped by the crowd, however the crowd left disgruntled.

"You only get off by not being nailed onto it." One of the demons said to the man, and so the demons teased the man until he died, offering his corpse a wine-filled sponge at the end of a stick.

Once the two friends finished discussing the story, they pondered upon the symbol of a cross. After long thought, the two remained speechless. Their ears twitched once they overheard a large crowd of demons chanting the words, "Crucify him!"
In a sudden burst of fear, the two friends hid themselves while they watched the crowd walking up the hill.

"It's too bad the demons crucified Judas Iscariot." The dragon remarked to her friend.

24-Sep-2011 08:43:08

Venmi

Venmi

Posts: 14,744 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Yeah. I'm pleased so far. Thank you very much, guys! :)

Polymath, I still need your timezone. This is to make a future round easier and more possible on my part.

~Mitch

24-Sep-2011 12:19:28 - Last edited on 24-Sep-2011 12:21:45 by Venmi

Quick find code: 49-50-509-63216305 Back to Top