Forums

RS Story Contest - Survivor 2

Quick find code: 49-50-509-63216305

Aeraie

Aeraie

Posts: 9,100 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
“We’re leaving in a minute, anyways. Just gotta drop this letter off to your Uncle Sam.” With that, Adam walked over to behind the TV. Uncle Sam was watching G4, the gaming channel. A trailer for the game Battlefield 6 came onto the screen.

“I can’t wait to get that game!” Adam exclaimed, “Fighting for your country must be so heroic. Everyone should do it.”

“Bleh. Fighting is stupid. I’m a pacifist. Besides, America isn’t worth fightin’ for,” Uncle Sam responded.

Adam moaned, muttering something like “You’re stupid!” under his breath. Tim coughed, as if to signal to move on.

Tim walked over to the couch, handing the bright white letter to Uncle Sam. Then Tim motioned for Adam to come to him. They turned, walking towards the door as Uncle Sam opened the letter.

“I’VE BEEN DRAFTED INTO THE MILITARY?! Why, those little sons of…They’ll never take me alive! I’ll never serve this country! I don’t want YOU!” Uncle Sam screamed, the last statement directed to the letter.

Adam glanced back for a moment. “Funny, I always imagined Uncle Sam as a tall, thin man who wore a red, white, and blue suit with a top hat at all times, recruiting for the military with the slogan, ‘Uncle Sam wants you!’”

Adam’s father chuckled, opening to door. “That’s one crazy idea, son.”

As they walked through the doorway, Adam responded, “Just saying.” And with that, the door and Uncle Sam’s non-existing patriotism were closed.

26-Sep-2011 22:17:32

Borna Coric

Borna Coric

Posts: 3,785 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Okay, I shall endeavour to get in-game sometime to speak to you. I am departing in a few minutes, however, so it may have to be delayed slightly (I will be back later today).

I am sure you can gather enough contestants, even if merely by word, as you say; an extension to Sunday would be a massive help if this is still not the case. Perhaps even, when advertising, state that you can enter without a story in round one as long as there is one for round two. That seemed to work quite well last time.

My entry shall hopefully be in tomorrow, just trying to find the time to write it.

27-Sep-2011 00:27:14

Vacu Dallah

Vacu Dallah

Posts: 1,887 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Book marking this. A friend said I should consider my writing in this contest, but I always write different lengths of things its difficult for me to be limited to 4000 characters. When i want to write something short like that it always ends up being 6000 characters or something haha. But I book marked this in case I can write something 4000 characters or less. :) Good luck to all those in the contest.

27-Sep-2011 02:22:49

Venmi

Venmi

Posts: 14,744 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Just try your best. And if you can't get something done in time, you will be put on the voting and must write an entry in round two if you don't get voted off. If you don't, you will be automatically eliminated.

~Mitch

27-Sep-2011 02:27:19

Quick find code: 49-50-509-63216305 Back to Top